2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MyNeonSaysHi Mod Log: Stone White

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quicksilvr
Driving Ms. Daisy

2000 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #931   PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet car. If it's really as clean as 15k mile car should be, then I'm way jealous.

2001 Dodge Neon R/T
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #932   PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Oh it is. The original owner detailed the underside of the car since he had a lift. Interior is mint. I want to get something to go over the drivers seat to protect it a bit more.

Little updates. Nothing major.

Ordered Taylor 8.2mm "thundervolt" spark plug wires. Made in the USA out of Grandview, MO. Went with black. Got the silver coated turn signal bulbs in, looks good. Plan on doing a boost leak test this weekend on it. Kind of scared of what I will find and will need to replace lol. Going to go over the vacuum lines too. Not sure how he has things routed and not familiar with big turbo WGA controlled cars. Will have to check out diagrams online. I know he put the solenoids under the battery tray. Might work on the exhaust too. Since I have a complete MPX dual unit I want to swap in.

Just wish I had more time. These 12 hour days at work are tough! But anything over 8 hours is O.T. so its all good Smile

2005 Neon SRT-4 #6 and WILL STAY
2008 TL Type S
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #933   PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

random shot before I drove it to work on Thursday.

Looking forward to getting the windows tinted tomorrow. Going 20% all around

2008 TL Type S
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #934   PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tint came out perfect

2008 TL Type S
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #935   PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I hope that you have better luck keeping a white car clean than I've had with a black one. bandhead
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #936   PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Very nice. I hope that you have better luck keeping a white car clean than I've had with a black one. bandhead

Thanks, yeah black is the worse. White is one the best for keeping clean

See link below:

http://www.acecars.net/?p=845

Waiting on these to arrive!
Rock ON Rear badges in white, steering wheel badge and front fascia badge.

2008 TL Type S
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #937   PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Midnight_Rider wrote:

Thanks, yeah black is the worse. White is one the best for looking clean

Fixed. Very Happy

My white '99 collects just as much dirt as any other color I've owned.

With clear coat/case coat, there isn't really any advantages anymore other than how well the color hides the crud.

Back before clear coat/base coat darker paints tended to be softer, and scratched/oxidized easier, but clear coat cures that issue. It just flakes off now. ROFL

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #938   PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

occasional demons wrote:
MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Midnight_Rider wrote:

Thanks, yeah black is the worse. White is one the best for looking clean

Fixed. Very Happy

My white '99 collects just as much dirt as any other color I've owned.

With clear coat/case coat, there isn't really any advantages anymore other than how well the color hides the crud.

Back before clear coat/base coat darker paints tended to be softer, and scratched/oxidized easier, but clear coat cures that issue. It just flakes off now. ROFL

Ahhh yes bandhead

Well some updates. Did the full MPX exhaust/downpipe myself with in my garage on jackstands. What a PITA that was haha. Mucho easier if I had a lift. Bolted it all up using all new hardware and gaskets (Vibrant) EXCEPT for the turbo to downpipe. The metal 4 bolt gasket looked fine to me. slap Started the car up and it was leaking at that point. So I took the downpipe off again. I also got nerve to replace my oil pressure sensor. I had a brand new Mopar unit and the special 1-1/16th'' socket so not having the downpipe there made it super easy with extensions. I removed it from the top with this awesome 3/8th's ratchet I got at Harbor Freight. Torquing it down I was a bit worried. I didn't want to tighten it down too much and since there is sealant already on the threads it gave a weird feel when tightening it down. But I got it nice and snug with a 1/8th of a turn or so.

I ordered a new 3'' MPX 4 bolt gasket and got some Permatex Copper Spray-A-Gasket to help the longevity of the gasket. Well I took the damn lid off outside on my deck and ready to spray the thing and the nozzle went flying and fell underneath my deck. Searched for it with no luck. So I said screw it and just put the downpipe on with the new gasket and hardware.

In the meantime when I was waiting on that gasket from MPX I did a boost leak test on the car. It had never been done by the previous 2 owners. So I knew I was in for some surprises.

UPP pipe for the red line. Solenoids are deleted so its not needed. Car is run on MBC and WGA. Tear in that so bad leak there. Fixed that with a new vacuum cap.
Manual Boost Controller to Wastegate vacuum line was resting on exhaust manifold and had a slit in it.

Used a fuel line this time and moved the line up higher
Good ol Das Mopar Boost Leak tester I have had for a very long time. Just put a new 3'' coupler reducer on it.

Boost line going to FPR. The vacuum line was too big for the nipple. Ziptie didn't cut it so a mini hoseclamp I had fixed that.

Air still bleeds out of my MBC since there is a tiny bleed port on it. I also hear air coming from somewhere but I cannot pin point it. Just glad to have the car off of jackstands and driving it around.

There is my brand new oil pressure sensor in green. Will eventually replace that oil drain line. It sweats.

WGA recirc tube leaks a little bit of exhaust. Tightened the clamps down no bueno. :/

Got the oil sensor from the top with my sweet new ratchet.

Wheels are all powdercoated and dropping them off @ Discount Tire today to have the tires mounted. Will pick them up tomorrow and install the wheels myself.

Teaser shot of the wheels
Prismatic Gold

Rock ON

2008 TL Type S
theColonel
Older 'n Dirt
2011 Silver Contributor

Post: #939   PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW thumbup

1952 Chevrolet Stylene Sport Coupe
2005 Dodge SRT-4
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #940   PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rear shot of the bumper unrolled with the MPX dual. Brillo Soap pads work great getting all the carbon off the exhaust tips. Comes right off!
Hard to see in the picture but I also added the factory "dodge" and "srt-4" badges to the rear

Nose job

Steering wheel badge, opposite colorway as nose

Added the coilpack heatshield that came with the car to help protect my new 8.2mm Taylor Thundervolt plug wires and of course my coilpack. Original owner didn't run it much due to it hiding the nice WGA and the 50t turbo. Which I can understand. Not too much of a fan of it due to it saying "SRT-4" It already says SRT-4 on the injector cover. Don't like it when the type of car is displayed all over it especially in close proximity. I have a white DC2 strut bar that can go on too. Probably put it on for a car show or something

Installed the freshy powdered wheels too:

Emailed duster360 going to get a custom tune for it via DSP. Going to revert back to factory tune via the SCT once I receive the first tune. I pray that it fixes the issues I have and his wizardry makes my car happy.

Random lean spikes when just cruising and giving the car a tiny bit of throttle when shifting. Car does not like WOT at all and is very slow. Tried a couple pulls and it goes way too lean. I really hope its just a tune issue and not a fuel issue to track down. This has happened ever since I fixed those bad boost leaks so it makes sense. Car has all the solenoids deleted. They are all connected via wires but plugged off.

2008 TL Type S
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #941   PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More airflow.

Before:

After:

2008 TL Type S
JeremyJ
Facebook Sucks
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #942   PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did that to my old SRT, too. I also removed the rubber seal along the cowl, but all that did was melt my plastic cowl cover. I'm not sure if it aided with cooling at all. There was obviously heat escaping, but it was likely just when parked.

Project Log: http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=70076

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #943   PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeremyJ wrote:
I did that to my old SRT, too. I also removed the rubber seal along the cowl, but all that did was melt my plastic cowl cover. I'm not sure if it aided with cooling at all. There was obviously heat escaping, but it was likely just when parked.

Right on, yeah I was reading the thread about that and how people removed the rubber seal but then it melted their cowl lol

2008 TL Type S
theColonel
Older 'n Dirt
2011 Silver Contributor

Post: #944   PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
JeremyJ wrote:

Right on, yeah I was reading the thread about that and how people removed the rubber seal but then it melted their cowl lol

Might be good in those cold Kansas winters Smile

2005 Dodge SRT-4
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #945   PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a random shot I took before heading out to work on Tuesday. Car has only been washed once since I got it. Plan on detailing it completely at some point.

Got a bit depressed.

DSP doesn't want to power up when hooked up to power supply. Well the screen lights up green but nothing is displayed. Works great when plugged into the OBD2 port. That is how I got my backup tune. Well I need to be able to send the backup tune to Duster360 via PC or netbook. I cannot do that if I cannot get power. Either the female port on top of the unit is bad or my power supply is bad. So what does a guy do? Well I found a used DiabloSport Trinity T1000 for a good price. So I bought that haha. I always wanted a Trinity, so this worked out well when I saw it forsale on the facebook pages. Powers up with just a USB connection.

I want to get the ball rolling on this car and get a good tune on it so I can enjoy the car.

2008 TL Type S
dbesade
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #946   PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you got another one that will stay Smile.

Project Log
2gn Feedback

1969 Kaiser Jeep M35A2
1976 AMC Jeep CJ-7 w/304 V8
2005 Orange Blast Dodge Neon SRT-4
2013 Dodge Dart w/2.0L
w/2.4T L4 Stage 2 w/Toys
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #947   PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dbesade!

Well we all know about photobucket now. Not happy with that at all since it ruined my entire project log for over 10 years and a BUNCH of how-tos that are all over the internet. >Sad So off to a new hosting site.

took the crap SCT tune off of the car. Loaded Duster360's DS tune. Car started right up and idled fine. Part of the instructions were to remove the reference boost line that goes to the fuel pressure regulator (FPR) and set fuel pressure to 58psi. Then re-attach vacuum line and fuel pressure should only drop a max of 10 psi or so. Mine went down to like 53, so all is good there.

But before I did the above I went over the current vacuum lines. Luckily there wasn't that many due to the previous owner deleting the solenoids. All of them. So I made some nice pictures to show the routing of the lines. And I made a great discovery....
This is how it was hooked up:

The FPR line was T'd into the boost controller which bleeds boost!!! So instead of getting a 1:1 ratio I was only getting a 1/2:1 ratio! No wonder I was getting random lean spikes in boost! I am a bit upset since who knows how long and hard the car was driven like that. But I do know the previous owners never drove the car much and I know for a fact the original owner never really went into boost. He just cruised in it and wanted to keep miles off of the car. But who knows what kind of damage was done if any at all.

So I t'd into the TB where it should be T'd into.

Did a couple cruise logs and the car starts up and runs fine, no more random lean spikes and the car starving of fuel! Haven't really got into boost yet, since I am waiting for duster to look over my cruise logs first before we start doing WOT logs.

I did have a random issue when I was cruising and the AFRS went rich like 10.8-11 or so. When they typically are around stoich of 14.6. Car seemed to cruise fine at those rich levels. I pulled over and at idle the AFRS stayed the same at idle. So I turned the car off and turned it back on. AFRS went back to 14.6 at idle and cruising... Weird huh? Luckily I was logging when this happened.

2008 TL Type S
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #948   PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some pictures I took after a wash.

I will get some interior pictures and engine bay shots here soon.

Going to be wiring the DiabloSport Trinity to my Innovate LC1 this Sunday so I can get some low boost logs sent to Duster360. Not too sure on the wideband, I need to free air calibrate it again. It has been acting kind of wonky. So I might either get a new sensor or go the NGK wideband route with the AFR500 and a NTK sensor $350. :/ I would rather just get a new Bosch 4.2 LSU for the Innovate first, $60~ if anything.

I have a Maddog STS 58% reduction with Hurst STS. The rod was powdercoated gloss black and also got the Hurst shift knob. No reduction in shifter height. Need to put that in at some point. Just put my 2 Hearted Ale Tap handle on it for fun. Crazy it screws right in. Razz

Got a used MPX big front mount intercooler a couple days ago. Started polishing up the endtanks. Ordered the SDK crash bar soon after so I atleast have some structural integrity once I put that BFMIC on.

I am tempted to put the non-winged trunk on the ride here soon. Just not sure I dig the look with the wing. Always loved d-winged SRT-4s.

2008 TL Type S
theColonel
Older 'n Dirt
2011 Silver Contributor

Post: #949   PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
I will get some interior pictures and engine bay shots here soon.

Going to be wiring the DiabloSport Trinity to my Innovate LC1 this Sunday so I can get some low boost logs sent to Duster360. Not too sure on the wideband, I need to free air calibrate it again. It has been acting kind of wonky. So I might either get a new sensor or go the NGK wideband route with the AFR500 and a NTK sensor $350. :/ I would rather just get a new Bosch 4.2 LSU for the Innovate first, $60~ if anything.

I have a Maddog STS 58% reduction with Hurst STS. The rod was powdercoated gloss black and also got the Hurst shift knob. No reduction in shifter height. Need to put that in at some point. Just put my 2 Hearted Ale Tap handle on it for fun. Crazy it screws right in. Razz

Got a used MPX big front mount intercooler a couple days ago. Started polishing up the endtanks. Ordered the SDK crash bar soon after so I atleast have some structural integrity once I put that BFMIC on.

I am tempted to put the non-winged trunk on the ride here soon. Just not sure I dig the look with the wing. Always loved d-winged SRT-4s.

I love the "beer tap" shifter & the new wheels ... the stock wheels are 17X6 and heavy. What are the new wheels ?

The "Chuck Norris" wing emphasizes that the 2GN is relatively tall & narrow ... the previous owner of my SRT-4 switched to an SXT wing
to improve the looks. When my granddaughter got my SXT she didn't like the "Subaru style" (Kaminari) wing, so I had it repainted
and put it on the SRT-4. I agree that wingless would also be an improvement.

2005 Dodge SRT-4
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #950   PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I am not putting the beer tap shifter on, that was just for fun. I don't think it would be fun to drive with that thing.

I believe stock wheels are 21lbs each. Mine are 17x8 RPF1's. They weigh 15.5lbs each. HUGE difference in rotational mass.

Interesting how your granddaughter didn't like that Kaminari wing so you decided to put it on yours. You should ditch it too and go wingless Smile

2008 TL Type S
theColonel
Older 'n Dirt
2011 Silver Contributor

Post: #951   PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Oh I am not putting the beer tap shifter on, that was just for fun. I don't think it would be fun to drive with that thing.

I believe stock wheels are 21lbs each. Mine are 17x8 RPF1's. They weigh 15.5lbs each. HUGE difference in rotational mass.

Interesting how your granddaughter didn't like that Kaminari wing so you decided to put it on yours. You should ditch it too and go wingless Smile

laughing3 laughing3 laughing3 It makes the car look wider & also the closest I'll ever get to owning a Subaru WRX Sti Smile

2005 Dodge SRT-4
yellowpatrol
user
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #952   PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa man! How have you been? That is awesome that you found an SRT with such low mileage. Can you find another laughing3

Adionik wrote:
On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #953   PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yellowpatrol wrote:
Whoa man! How have you been? That is awesome that you found an SRT with such low mileage. Can you find another laughing3

Wow it has been a LONG time. Last I saw you I bought a MPX exhaust from you I believe. Wasn't sure if you got out of the Neon game or not at the time. But if memory serves me right you did. I take it you are looking into getting another?

Yeah I kind of stumbled upon it, it was fate. ROFL

Went through all kinds of different cars. But back in a Neon!

2008 TL Type S
yellowpatrol
user
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #954   PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I sold the SXT just this Spring after buying a more reliable Explorer for a DD - but now I've got the itch for a weekend car again. Is it just me or is the used car market not what it used to be? I got my 03 SRT for under $10,000 with 30k miles. I can't find anything comparable these days. Dodge isn't even in the game, leaving.... Fiestas?

Adionik wrote:
On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #955   PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The red SXT you had forever?

Yeah it will be tough getting a lower mileage clean SRT-4 Neon. Not too many left that fit that category. Perhaps a Caliber SRT-4? They are nice, but it felt like my PT GT when I drove it. Didn't feel like a car more like a crossover thingy. But you might like that since you got a Ford Exploder. Razz

Volkswagen GTI
Focus ST
Fiesta ST
MazdaSpeed 3
Fiat 500 ABARTH

All good replacements for the Peon. I really dig those Fiesta ST's and they have gone down in price too. Around $20k for a brand new one.

2008 TL Type S
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #956   PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little work done

Maddog STS install. Took my time with everything. Adjusted the rod brake. (so cool!) and neutral. Just got to button most of everything up. Going to leave the center console off for a while since the original owner routed the wideband wires through the shifter cables! Notice the nut missing. He must of used a some sort of drywall screw on that bottom right hand side since it is different then the bolts that protrude through

Friend is hooking it up with LC2. Have a new Innovate gauge I bought to go with it. Hopefully going to install it all this weekend.

Even though the car has like 15,7XX miles the factory bushings were horrible. Luckily I had some booger bushings I never installed on my 1st gen that I used.

Old vs. The New

These came in handy taking these buggers off

All installed

Removed the stupid aftermarket headunit. Pioneer AVH-P6600DVD which retailed for $1400! Had so much crap connected to it and other devices connected to it hidden in the shifter area. (could of hooked up a rear camera with it) Glad its all gone. Love simplicity.

Yikes

2008 TL Type S
BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!
2009 Platinum Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #957   PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please tell me you got rid of the butt connectors Rolling Eyes
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #958   PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know right Sad Previous owner did it.

When I had an aftermarket headunit in my OG silver SRT-4 I soldered them all and used heat shrink. Since I have no use for the headunit I am not going to mess with the butt splice connectors.

2008 TL Type S
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #959   PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of little things have happened.
Bought a new Bosch 02 sensor for the wideband. Only put like 50 miles on it. Since a friend and I could not get the LC1 to work with the Trinity. I needed to get the Trinity to read AFR. Wiring process/hookup is ridiculous. We tried it but couldn't get it to work. So he had a LC2 from his old Challenger SRT-8 he sold so he gave it to me and I bought a new gauge for the LC2. LC2 uses a different wideband sensor. LSU 4.9 I believe as opposed to the 4.2. After about 3 hours or so we got it wired up. So my email tuner can see AFRS which was needed.

Gotta route those new wires. clothes hanger for the win.
AFR's are around 15.6 or so at idle due to an exhaust leak from the WGA recirc I still need to fix. Just a hard area to get to. :/

Had a lot of wiring I had to go through and things taken off to get to said wiring of the old wideband from previous owner

Zip tie snags. And the ground he used

Ended up cutting the wires to this thing due to them going through a small hole.

Power source he used. Good ol cigarette lighter

Where he fed the wideband wires. Interesting spot to keep things clean. Had to remove the exhaust tunnel to get to it. And yes these electrical wires got cut too. Smile

Got a 12 psi log sent to tuner. AFRS are around 11.2 all the way from 3-6k.

Was told to raise boost 5 psi for the next log with the revised tune. Never messed with a manual boost controller before. So wasn't sure how many turns to turn the thing. So kept it conservative and turned it about 2 times. Went out for some pulls. Still only 11-12psi... WTF... So pulled over. Turned it some more. Same scenario. Let car cool down at home for a couple hours. Removed intake and did a boost leak test on the car. No leaks really. Air still passes through the TB and I can hear it rushing through the intake manifold. The TB seal doesn't leak its more so the butterfly I believe. More on the 62mm MPX throttle body in another post. They don't have a reputation for being good. Lets put it that way. Having odd intermittent problems and it stems from that part as my tuner told me. Luckily no issues with it in the last 2 sessions and logs. I do have a stock TB and a spacer coming in the mail so I will probably switch over to it.

Ended up taking off the Perrin MBC and took it apart. I re-seated the spring and ball. I blew through it a couple times and it would not bleed through the bleeder hole. Before it would pretty easily. So I am guessing the spring was cockeyed in there perhaps. Crossed my fingers and hoped that was it. Got on it at 3k and it went past 25psi very quickly. Let off IMMEDIATELY. Pulled over and turned it down a couple times. 17-18 psi! Car felt GREAT. Logged a couple more 3rd gear pulls. AFRS were a consistent 11.2 also. Finally something rewarding. Will be getting another tune hopefully in a couple days or so for more boost. Running 93 octane so not sure what the limit will be on this 50 trim journal bearing turbo. First bigger turbo SRT-4. Its crazy how hard the car pulls once that turbo hits full boost. My guess it is around 320whp~ or so right now. Hopefully it continues to hold up well.

2008 TL Type S
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #960   PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rear fascia fixed. Took it off and dropped it off to an autobody guy. So much nicer! Its like brand new pretty much. Ignore the dirt on the decklid haven't washed the car in a while. Also got all that grime off behind the rear fascia.

Before:

After:

Had an old black metal plate frame, found a turbododge decal. Threw that on there. Not sure I like having a black frame though. I think white would be better..not sure

2008 TL Type S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Progress/Project Log All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33

Jump to: