Random posting

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
04rebel
2GN Member

Re: Random posting

Post by 04rebel » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:31 am

Sorry to read that,yeah it seems the country is going you know where in a basket! On a "bright side", my county in NY has lowest virus case count(last time I checked) and deaths. SADLY out in the "sticks" here, there isn't much for going places for "activities" or even shopping (food or otherwise) without traveling into other counties and higher populations and cases.
GOOD LUCK to you, I hope all works out for you!

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:29 pm

Bunch of my friends have caught corona. One guy is 4 months out of being cleared for it and is having issues still with his breathing and strangely getting fluid built up on his spine.

My work went back to a one week on/off schedule and there is 3 phases of reintroducing workers. I love the farthest away yet I was put on phase 1. Lots of my co workers aren’t taking it serious and are putting people at work in danger.

Carlisle is still happening this weekend and I’m not sure I’m going to go.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:39 am

INVUJerry wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:29 pm
Lots of my co workers aren’t taking it serious and are putting people at work in danger.

Carlisle is still happening this weekend and I’m not sure I’m going to go.
I think a share of the population at large isn't taking this pandemic seriously. Huge numbers of COVID-19 specimens are passing through where I work daily.

This is one of the reasons why I decided to skip Carlisle this year, even though my SRT was supposed to be part of the Invitational.

Everyone- please be safe!
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:53 pm

Sorry, but this is a bit of older news...Recently Chris(BRR) posted in on our Avenger forum. Was SO GOOD to hear from him!
Was just a quick post of changing spark plugs coming up, but he acknowledged my greeting to that post.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:00 am

I miss seeing his posts on this forum.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:43 am

Cleaned the interior Tuesday (first time since Carlisle last year) and washed the exterior today. I went out to the garage later in the evening and discovered that ants had taken over the passenger-side rear wheel. I have no idea where they came from. I knocked them off and did a lot of stomping on the floor to kill them, followed by a good dose of Raid on the concrete. I hope that I got all of them.

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:29 am

Hope you also got the "uncles" that tend to go along with the "aunts"....LOL!
My that would be rather disheartening to find in any vehicle!

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:24 am

If they are the tiny ants, they can come from any small crack in the floor. They are called Pavement Ants.

We would get them in the middle of the factory floor, hundreds of feet away from the edge of the building. Nature never sleeps....

I usually pour a bit of gasoline down the floor crack. That usually soaks in far enough to kill them, or at least deter them for a while. I don't light it, just let it soak down in.

::Waits for the gasoline in the crack jokes... ::
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:14 pm

Went to Carlisle and hung out with people there in the parking lot, but as far as the fairgrounds I didn’t do my normal walking around. I avoided big crowds of people I didn’t know. It was strange, definitely not as packed as the last few years.

Also, I bought a harbor freight tire mounting tool yesterday. I have far too many cars at this point to keep going to shops to have random work done or tires moved from one set of wheels to another at $50-80 a trip. I’m going to try using balancing beads too. I’ve heard good and bad from reviews of these. Hopefully they work okay.

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:19 pm

Carlisle was definitely different this year but fun..

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:36 pm

sorry to hear about your job occasional demons :( I hate of hearing of people losing their job during this crazy period of time. Have another job lined up? How long were you with them for?

Very surprised they didn't cancel Carlisle!?!?

I been off the forum for a bit. Sold my new computer to my brother since I was moving out. Got moved into our new place. (Renting) Its very nice inside with a 2 car garage. Plan on being here a year or 2. Waiting patiently for the house market to crash badly in the area once all this govt assistance runs out with forbearances and what not. So I can score a good deal on a house. But right now its all about supply and demand and still a sellers market in my area. But I believe that will change....I hope so or I made a mistake.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:03 am

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:36 pm
sorry to hear about your job occasional demons :( I hate of hearing of people losing their job during this crazy period of time. Have another job lined up? How long were you with them for?
Ditto.

We've gone back to six days a week with OT every day- "short handed" is the answer I got when I asked for a day off this past week. :roll:

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:32 am

MyNeonSaysHi wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:36 pm
Nothing lined up, as I have to stay until March to get my severance. No one is going to match that amount to hire me sooner. I have been there for 34 years. I guess by then, we'll know if this COVID thing is going to go away, be tamed, or destroy us.

I would hate to walk away from that much incentive to stay until the end, only to get laid off in a few months or less. Either finding another job will be easy, or there will be nothing out there by then.

I need the health insurance more than anything, so a temp job would just screw me. I would be better off using Medicaid. Not a fan of that route, but being my wife would get zero medical assistance if I have an income.

I have too long to go before I can get Medicare. If that stuff is even around in 11 years. Nothing like paying into it the last 38 years, and then being knocked because it's an "entitlement".
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:29 pm

random update:

10 months later, Franks car will be on the road Friday. I did the rear disc swap using parts off of Scott Long’s car and 1gn rear calipers and when the car had a dead alternator and a mushy pedal when I was done I gave up for a bit.

I finally replaced the front 2 brake hoses and the alternator. Going to toss plates on it on Friday and get it going for my wife.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:56 am

It won't know how to act, being back in DD status after so many years....
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:58 am

It still doesn’t know how to act apparently.

Since I swapped the rear brakes I’ve been fighting a soft pedal. Recently I got a bunch of air out but the pedal is still really soft.

I bought a power bleeder recently and tried using that. I now have clear fluid to all 4 corners of the car but the pedal is still really soft. I even tried cracking the lines at the master but it’s not helping much.

So far I’ve entirely replaced the rear brakes with 1gn calipers and hoses, and replaced the front hoses and pads. I’m going to go back around and try bleeding it while using a tube over the bleeders so I can watch for air. But I may end up taking it to Blair’s shop to have him finish it up for me. I’m getting pretty frustrated with it.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:13 am

Does it have ABS?

My dad's Dakota only had rear ABS, and AFAIK didn't require the DRB to bleed them, and that was a hassle to get bled out.

One reason why I avoided a car with ABS for as long as I could. Not a fan of having to pay someone to bleed my brakes.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:51 pm

Turns out it was the front caliper slider pins being a little stuck. I changed the front pads while I was at it and it works out great.

Then today when we were in Gettysburg the clutch pedal dropped to the floor and I had to drive home with almost no clutch input. The old slave cylinder cracked, a first I have ever seen. Took me about 3 hours to change it and get it bled, but that included 1.5 hours driving to get the new one from the store.

For 166k miles this thing cleans up nicely. It needs struts so I might put coilovers on it since they’re almost cheaper these days but that’ll be it.

https://imgur.com/a/4acZDSv

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:33 am

I always liked that color.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

INVUJerry
2GN Veteran

Post by INVUJerry » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:11 am

Me too! When I bought my first 2gn I was convinced I needed a black car because I always wanted one. But I almost bought a graphite car instead.

So I drove it to work on Wednesday and one of the struts decided it didn’t want to do its job anymore lol. I found a guy selling some srt4 racelands on Facebook marketplace so I’ll pick them up tomorrow. Kinda disappointed since I wanted to take it to New York today.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:31 am

https://news.yahoo.com/canadians-trying ... 00779.html

LOL, we have become closer to becoming Canada's Mexico...
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:36 am

My SRT turned 15 today.

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:24 am

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:36 am
My SRT turned 15 today.
Happy Birthday to your SRT ! :)
Still a "teenager"!

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:40 am

Thanks- I've never owned a car this long.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:13 am

I owned my first car, a 1964 Polara convertible for ~18 years. In the end, I sold it for parts. Hopefully some of it still lives on...

I kept my Jeep XJ for 16 years.

I kept my 2001 neon for 16 years. Half of it is still in my garage...

I have had the '99 for 9 years now.

I have had my Raider for 25 years... :shock:
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

thomas_w
2GN Member

Post by thomas_w » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:44 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:40 am
It is quite amazing, especially since yours is still in such a great shape. Mine turns 21 this month and I now own it for over 17 years. So it reached drinking age ;-)
--
Thomas

Caraudioholic24
2GN Member

Post by Caraudioholic24 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:48 pm

Jerry if you need any parts lmk. I still have a ton here lol..

Gramps.. happy b day to the srt

Nice to tall to everyone. Been kind of crazy.. hoping it settles down soon

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:38 am

Thanks! Good to see you on the boards. I'm really hoping that the pandemic will have passed enough for us to enjoy Carlisle next summer.

LOL at thomas' car reaching drinking age!

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:55 pm

thomas_w wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:44 pm
Midnight_Rider wrote:
It is quite amazing, especially since yours is still in such a great shape. Mine turns 21 this month and I now own it for over 17 years. So it reached drinking age ;-)
So, when are you going to upgrade it to run on pure alcohol...like the BIG BOYS ???? ROFL :) :) ;)

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:26 pm

04rebel wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:55 pm
thomas_w wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:44 pm
Midnight_Rider wrote:
So, when are you going to upgrade it to run on pure alcohol...like the BIG BOYS ???? ROFL :) :) ;)
LOL, good luck finding a consistent supply of E100....

E85 is just a matter of larger injectors.

A bump in compression if you want to take full advantage of it.

I ran my '01 on E85 for a while.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Return to “Off-Topic”