2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NeonOn19s-01 R/T - Might be on the fence to sell....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gnuserup
LE, R/T, SXT, SRT
2GN Registrant

Post: #661   PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen this thread ?

http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=67678

I had to deal with the common P0172, too.

After I did all I wrote the code luckily came not back, but at least my R/T has no turbo Laughing
NeonOn19s
Layin low..
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #662   PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!! I will look it over tonight after work.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon til it Dies" Club Member # 72
Semper Fi!!! USMC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
NeonOn19s
Layin low..
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #663   PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I reviewed that thread. Thanks again. I lowered the FP down to 35psi and it lasted a bit longer until the engine light came on. So I decided to drive the car to work this morning and go figure it dies while getting off the freeway. I was able to coast it to a parking lot only 1.5 miles from work.

I have FP, and I have spark and it runs fine on idle, but as soon as I put it in gear it dies.

I first thought it was the ignition coil, so I bought one and tried it out. Same issue...

I'm going to head back to the parking lot and raise the FP back to 50 and see if it will keep it running so I can get her back in the garage.

Talk about annoying... I swear this car is wearing on me....

Semper Fi!!! USMC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
NeonOn19s
Layin low..
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #664   PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well got the car moving yesterday. Come to find out I had a shorted speed sensor. This damn thing will cut off your ignition and fuel when its shorted.....

So we disconnected the sensor and I was able to drive it home, but it was a ROUGH drive home.

So on the items to do:

1. Replace the Speed Sensor
2. Swapped back my S1 injectors to S0 to remove the code P0172 (hope this works) and of course adjust my fuel pressure again.

If I have time I will replace the fuel filter and regulator (since its the original from 2001)..

I hope once this is done I can get to drive the car without any issues.....

Semper Fi!!! USMC
Gnuserup
LE, R/T, SXT, SRT
2GN Registrant

Post: #665   PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep fingers crossed
NeonOn19s
Layin low..
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #666   PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I know I have been dormant for a LONG time on this forum.

Yes, I still have the car, but it is still in its current state... Still not running. My time has been focused on my kids and family. I'm thinking of pulling a PT cruiser 2.4 from the pick and pull yard and starting from a new direction...

Also picked up a new Daily. 2016 Ruby Red Ford F-150 Lariat with the 3.5 Ecoboost. I'll see about getting some pics up in a bit.

Semper Fi!!! USMC
NeonOn19s
Layin low..
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #667   PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. Again its been over a year since I been on, heck couldn't remember my password....

Photobucket blocked all my images and progress (which sucks), so any new members have no idea what my project looks like.

My kiddos are getting older, but I still cannot seem to find time to sweat and bleed in my garage on this garage queen... I think its something simple, but who knows.

It might be time to pass this one off to someone who has time to enjoy her. I'm sick to my stomach thinking of doing this... I"m leaving this open ideas, as well as honest recommendations for a good price to sell. I have far too much invested into it, and I know that I will not get what I have put into it.

Semper Fi!!! USMC
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #668   PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least you have your priorities right.

Sadly, the number of people that would offer a reasonable amount have dwindled as much or more than the number of people who visit here.

People moving on, as well as the growing lack of parts offered by FCA doesn't help the neon cause.

Hopefully you can find a decent home for it, if it comes down to that.

At times, I think collecting dust might not be the worst thing in the world, the way things are out on the roads anymore.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
NeonOn19s
Layin low..
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #669   PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bud. I'll keep you all posted. (now I can remember my password... LOL)

Semper Fi!!! USMC
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #670   PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

occasional demons wrote:
...the growing lack of parts offered by FCA doesn't help the neon cause.

I dunno... sometimes you just have to know where to look. Wink
BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!
2009 Platinum Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #671   PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight_Rider wrote:
occasional demons wrote:
...the growing lack of parts offered by FCA doesn't help the neon cause.

I dunno... sometimes you just have to know where to look. Wink

Or who to contact ROFL
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #672   PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got that right. thumbup
Caraudioholic24
MECP Certified
2GN Registrant

Post: #673   PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel you buddy. I haven't really touched mine for 2 years. My rt keeps me happy for now lol

***Project "Got Boost?" is officially underway***

My for sale threads:
Parts:
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?p=930876#930876

LED Modifications
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=56918

Audio
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=47688
Neon4Life
Manny
2009 Silver Contributor

Post: #674   PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet is to keep it a garage queen. Neons do not fetch much money anymore.

As we all know modd don't add value.
A srt4 goes for anywhere between $1k and $3500k if that gives you any insight as too how much you can get for your car.

A part out usually nets way more money then selling outright.
For instance I've wanted to get rid of my boosted 1gn but I know a partout would net me more money back then selling outright.

Keep us updated.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048
NeonOn19s
Layin low..
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #675   PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have kept a current update on my Neons.org page as I can upload imaged through TapTalk app. Car is running (sort of). Found that my turbo manifold some how came in contact with my wire harness as well as my axle, so lets just say it melted and shredded the harness to my alternator and cam sensor. I have pulled it all back and repaired it, wrapped it again and routed it away from the axle and turbo.

My Boomba motor mounts polyurethane fell apart, so they were sent back to the mfg. for warranty work. I should have them back today (i hope - they been there for a week now). Once i get this all fixed i need to finish playing with the RRPFR and get it to push enough fuel to were I don't pop any codes. (This should be fun, then try to get it inspected.....)

Semper Fi!!! USMC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Progress/Project Log All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: