2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LCA bolt price jump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Brakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6506039AA vertical LCA bolt now $34.00 each.

Because Viper, and greed. So it will cost you $72 just for both LCA bolts through FCA. To replace all the bolts now, it will be well over $100 for new.

Used prices on ebay aren't a lot better.

Item #9 Viper steering gear and linkage insulator bolt.

I think I only paid ~$45 for all of them, nuts included when I did the LCA's on my '01

I'm liking my Subaru a little more each day...

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

occasional demons wrote:
I'm liking my Subaru a little more each day...

Considering all of the problems I had with the Outback my company provided before the current Chevrolet, I'm praying that corporate fleet doesn't elect another Subaru for my job. We're near fleet trade-in time (mine is at 132K miles and will be two years old in April). I really miss the Jeep I had two vehicles ago.[/off-topic]
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's bad cars in every make.

My sister has an Outback with over 140,000 and 8 years, and my brother has an '11 Impreza with over 80,000 miles, with zero issues on either.

Mine is the sacrificial anode for the neon in the winter. It has 143,000, has been beat to shit, but the only normal wear maintenance I have done is brakes about 2000 miles ago. They were all original parts. Judging from the neglect the PO heaped on this car, I doubt they went to the dealer to have the brakes changed.

This car came from Jackson WY, and looks like they used it to haul anything a pick up truck should have been doing. And /or it did battle with a bison.

The LCA design is the same as the neon, but those rear bushings are still intact. A little dry rot, but far more solid than any neon LCA I've seen with less than half the miles.

It would be interesting to see if the Subaru vertical bushings would fit into a neon LCA.

Hate to say it, but when I buy another new car, it will likely be a Forester like my wife's. Nothing in that price range interests me in the Fiat line up.

1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

occasional demons wrote:
There's bad cars in every make.

My employer had Japanese-made Subaru's for years and I was really excited to finally have one that was assembled here in the US (Lafayette, IN). Never an issue with the foreign-made ones but the Lafayette Outback was trouble all through it's life (it drank oil like a diesel and ate light bulbs to the tune of a few a month, both headlights and tail lights). In fact, the P/S tail light burnt out so severely that the entire assembly had to be replaced (it melted the plastic lens- replaced under warranty).

On the other hand, my family has been driving Chrysler products all of my life, beginning with a '63 Newport; other than leaky C-pillars on a '79 New Yorker (made before the federal loan guarantees), no major issues with any of them.
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We never had any issues either, until they built the Caliber/Compass/Patriot.

My mom's Caliber has been nothing but a money pit. My friend bought a 2016 Patriot. All kinds of warranty issues. She traded it for a new Beetle.

Like any investment prospectus says, "Past performance is no guarantee of future returns".

To be honest, when my friend bought the Patriot, I cringed. I knew what was coming. She had a 1st gen Stratus and also had all kinds of issues with it. So I knew this was going to be the nail in the coffin for any future "Chrysler" purchases for her.

1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Splitted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:01 am by occasional demons
From Topic Part Number Request: subframe nut/bolt? (PN Chassis)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Brakes All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: