2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chrysler Valiant Charger book

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Chrysler Valiant Charger book Reply with quote

https://www.allpar.com/reviews/other/books/hey-charger.html

After reading about this on allpar.com, I purchased "Hey, Charger!", a hardcover book documenting the history of the Australian Chrysler Valiant Charger. Very pricey but promises to be extremely interesting. I'll post a review once I receive it.

Here's a collection of Valiant Charger TV ads (circa 1971-1973... I think):

https://youtu.be/PZdp9Eavi5g

And a YouTube restoration video of a Valiant Charger R/T:

https://youtu.be/dE-s6YzdWjE

What a beautiful Chrysler! thumbup

Last edited by Midnight_Rider on Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool!

This it?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEY-CHARGER-The-Sensational-Australian-Chrysler-Valiant-Chargers-/263162070170?hash=item3d45ae849a:g:nhkAAOSwpONZTJ3z

2005 Neon SRT-4 #6 and WILL STAY
2008 TL Type S
Midnight_Rider

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but, unfortunately, that listing expired before I started shopping and the seller wouldn't answer my eBay emails about relisting his copies.

I had originally ordered a copy from a bookstore in Sydney, AU but the shipping rate that I chose (the least expensive one) was by AU Sea Mail and the expected wait time was 2-3 months (!). I found an eBay seller in Washington state who advertised having copies so I canceled the AU order and bought a copy from the eBay seller on October 9th. As of today (October 25th), eBay did not show a shipping label being created. I called eBay this afternoon and was told to give the seller one more day before asking eBay to cancel the order. I had already contacted the seller via eBay emails twice to ask for tracking information but received no reply through eBay (everything is supposed to be done through eBay in case of problems). The seller called me this afternoon while I was in heavy traffic on my job and said that the book was misdirected while being shipping from AU (I didn't know that Seattle, WA was in Australia Rolling Eyes ) but was being re-shipped to me. I reminded him that buyers and sellers are not to contact each other outside of eBay and that I would be contacting eBay again tomorrow per their instructions. When I got home from work, I discovered that the seller had canceled my order and issued a refund via PayPal, cleverly keeping me from issuing negative feedback on eBay to warn others to avoid doing business with his firm.

Check out the negative feedback for the seller "books4cars"- apparently, I'm not the only one who has had trouble with his store.

I again ordered the book from the AU bookstore where I had originally purchased it and received an email confirmation with tracking information almost immediately plus another email with a personal greeting from a store employee. Talk about good service! UPS tracking is predicting delivery by the end of Monday. study
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, the guy in Washington State must be getting them at a better price, and flipping them.

But not wanting to let on that the delivery time is more than a few weeks...

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Midnight_Rider

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the seller's eBay feedback: "Paid $489.95 never received, no response from seller item relisted for $1,899.95

2003 HUMMER H2 SHOP SERVICE REPAIR MANUAL H 2 GM WORKSHOP GUIDE BOOK 4X4 FACTORY (#311121838169)"

Yes, I had read this (and the other) negative feedback posts before purchase but the lower price, free shipping and promised shorter shipping time blinded me. I'm irritated that the seller has effectively kept me from being able to warn others about my experience with his store. cussing

The book arrived at the post office on Monday but it wasn't released to me until this afternoon. Looks great after a casual glance- hope to have time to read cover-to-cover soon.
JeremyJ
Facebook Sucks
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear I'm not that guy in Washington. angel4

Project Log: http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=70076

occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeremyJ wrote:
I swear I'm not that guy in Washington. angel4

Well of course, we all know you're That guy in Washington.

Edit: At least basing my assumptions from pics posted...

Hopefully i won't have to re edit to That "guy" in Washington. Shocked

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Midnight_Rider

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Jeremy, it wasn't you. Very Happy IIRC, his store is based in Seattle.

The book is well-written and the photos are fantastic! I certainly would have been drooling over this car had I grown up in Australia. I wonder why US Chrysler never imported them- certainly would have been a better choice than the Plymouth Cricket I owned (aka Hillman Avenger).
theColonel
Older 'n Dirt
2011 Silver Contributor

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight_Rider wrote:
No Jeremy, it wasn't you. Very Happy IIRC, his store is based in Seattle.

The book is well-written and the photos are fantastic! I certainly would have been drooling over this car had I grown up in Australia. I wonder why US Chrysler never imported them- certainly would have been a better choice than the Plymouth Cricket I owned (aka Hillman Avenger).

I owned a 1959 Hillman Minx ... terrible car ... traded it in on a new 1965 Dodge Dart: 145hp slant six, "three on the tree". I still miss that Dodge Dart Smile

1952 Chevrolet Stylene Sport Coupe
2005 Dodge SRT-4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Off-Topic Media All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: