Never Forget

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
occasional demons
Junior Admin

Never Forget

Post by occasional demons » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:50 pm

Trump wrote:“The heroes of Flight 93 are an everlasting reminder that no matter the danger, no matter the threat, no matter the odds, America will always rise up, stand tall, and fight back," Trump said, telling the families of those killed that “today every heartbeat in American is wedded to yours."
Meanwhile...

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politi ... story.html
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

thomas_w
2GN Member

Re: Never Forget

Post by thomas_w » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:47 pm

Yeah, hypocrisy at its best. But that is how this guy rolls all the time, just one more example for how he fails the American people over and over...
--
Thomas

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:52 am

More insight:

https://www.firehouse.com/safety-health ... -its-wrong

Doubt that the President had anything to with this.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

thomas_w
2GN Member

Post by thomas_w » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:35 am

Ultimately, he is responsible for all of his administration's actions. He is the president and it is his administration. But he never assumes responsibility for anything and blames everybody else even though he is in control and in a position to do the right thing.

I am not a fan of political discussions on this type of forum and I usually stay out of them. It just has gotten to a point where I could no longer resist.
--
Thomas

JeremyJ
2GN Member

Post by JeremyJ » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:34 am

Shocking? Maybe. Surprising? Not at all. His playbook reads like a movie villain plot.
02 base -> 05 SRT ACR -> 96 sedan -> 99 R/T coupe -> 02 R/T -> 03 SRT

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:24 am

Hypocrisy and "evil" playbooks??? Have you bothered to see what the DEMOCRAT leadership trump has to TRY and work with have done for the last 4 years???? or don't they matter?????
YES it is best that on an automotive forum that "politics" be best left out...even on an "off topic" page.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:01 pm

Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

04rebel
2GN Member

Post by 04rebel » Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:43 pm

YES, Let us ALL never forget that falling asleep in a harvesting crop field IS dangerous to your health. EVEN if you have a legal firearm and hunting permit.

Thanks for changing the subject material!

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:54 pm

I only hope for the sake of the guy that hit him, that the deceased had a medical issue, and was unconscious.

A corn chopper, if it was making silage, is far from a quiet machine. It would be louder than a lawn mower going full bore coming up on you. Corn stalks are not delicate things.

You would have to be sleeping off a serious hangover, or doing some heavy stuff not to be aware that this is approaching. Unless he got nailed on the first pass, it would have gone by him a few times getting closer each time.

I would hate to think the farmer has to live with that over someone being hungover, or OD'ed. And if that were the case, he should have never had a loaded gun in that condition. Getting started from that deep of sleep with a loaded gun wouldn't always end well either.

There is a reason why cops park a car in front of, and behind when possible, before waking up a person sleeping in a running car.
Bill
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:12 am

That is so sad. Usually, farm tragedies are about someone falling into a grain silo... which is bad enough since there is almost certain suffocation that will happen. Years ago, I worked for a dispatcher who had fallen into a grain silo when he was a teenager. He would get very quiet and not look you in the eye if the subject came up.
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

Return to “Off-Topic”