2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rice-Eater's CF stuff

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Rice-Eater's CF stuff Reply with quote

I finally got the cf stuff I ordered, plus a fuse box cover as a bonus for waiting so long. It all arrived safe and sound. I totally understand why it took so long because he has been so busy lately. I have a great deal of patience and man, it really paid off, with. The CF is absoluteley beautiful in every shape and form. When I opened up the box and saw that first piece, my jaw literally dropped. Very high quality, with a nice gloss.

Now this is when I ran into a problem.... He sent me 2 passenger side door sills for the front. Laughing I also thought there was going to be double sided tape on the other side. Which there wasn't. But that is totally cool with me. Any recomendations on what to use? But yeah I am gonna need a drivers side door sill. PM about this and we can work something out.

All in all A+ vendor for the site, can't wait to see the new stuff that he is gonna be coming out with.

2005 Neon SRT-4 #6 and WILL STAY
2008 TL Type S
rice_eater
-|-y|>3 R
2GN Registrant

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh fuck how could i be so retarded Razz PMing you right now to figure something out about sending you another one...
dblsg
official lurkor-shhh
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tard Bang deet dee dee

j/k.... stuff looks real good. can't wait till i have some money Sad

*goes and ponders on what to sell*

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote:
"eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rice_eater
-|-y|>3 R
2GN Registrant

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, PMed back with various options for making up for that mistake, so just let me know. my mistake, means more free stuff for you guys Wink

as far as the doublesided tape, that was something i was on the fence about... honestly, i really think you guys should be using spray adhesive to install this stuff, because it's not gonna leave any gaps, or stick out or anything... the way i see it, one day you rush to get in or out of the car, kick the door sills, and off comes half the sill coz the tape isnt strong enough... everything i've got from CBD had tape, and it sucked... my fuel door started coming loose after a couple months, and i had to rip off and completely redo my roof difuser and replace the thin 3M tape with regular wallmart doublesided tape... basically, i've had nothing but trouble from tape... that is my opinion... i'd rather spend $10on a good adhesive, than $2 on doublesided tape that i need to redo every few months... i guess its something i should bring up in my regular posts to gage people's opinions, coz to throw in a pack of tape with each order wont cost more htan a chocolate bar...

the way i see it, you CAN put the tape along the center of the sills, and then see if the sides are up in the air in a way that if you kicked them they'd come off... alternatively to avoid that, you can tape the edges, but then the cf sticks UP and you might be able to see the tape... those 2 reasons are why i never even bothered to use tape... Steve, what i would do is go to homedepot and ask about the 3M super 77 spray adhesive... they should know what it is, if not, they should have a whole section of other adhesives you can use, especially in the roofing section... honestly, if you can, just try it, i'm really sure you'll be happier in the end, as all you have to do is spray your stockers, and then pop the covers on; i'm sure once you have a good experience using adhesive, everyone else would be a lot less reluctant to try it.

here are some links so you guys know what to look for

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=2450&familyName=3M+Low+Mist+Super+77+Spray+Adhesive&history=fngdsjr4%7Cother%7Cengine%7Eadwords%25216456%5Ematch_type%7E%5EfreeText%7E3m%2Bsuper%2B77%5Ekeyword%7E%25283m%2Bsuper%2B77%2529%5Epage%7EGRID

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/3M-Super-77/Super77/

the super77 absolutely kicks ass, and one spray bottle will be enough to cover all the cf stuff i make and more... takes 15seconds for the spray to harden, probably the same as what it'd take to peel off the doublesided tape Wink
MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM'd replied.

Its all good man, I will post a bunch of pictures once I get the other pieces and get them installed.

2008 TL Type S
rice_eater
-|-y|>3 R
2GN Registrant

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's wrong with installing the rest now Razz
OB
Rough Rider

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excuse my retardedness, but what is that piece in the bottom of that pic? i know this is gonna end up being a stupid question. i have a bad imagination sometimes..

| Donate to 2gn | Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

LowNSlow
2GN OG

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuse cover for inside the vehicle?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
OB
Rough Rider

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is THAT what it is! ah ha. come to think of it, i dont know what that thing even looks like! oh well haha

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #10   PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I had no idea what it was either... Then right when I opened up the car I said, "ahhhhhhhhhh" This is going to be weird. My car is so flat in color with nothing shiney, and now I will open my door to some beautiful cf.

2008 TL Type S
OB
Rough Rider

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #11   PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait he sent it to u w/o u knowing it/ordering it? strange.

rice_eater
-|-y|>3 R
2GN Registrant

Post: #12   PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangeblastsxt wrote:
wait he sent it to u w/o u knowing it/ordering it? strange.

he waited so damn long, i could at least send the guy a sample as thank you Wink its something that costs me only a little to do, and him being happy more than makes up that cost Cool
LowNSlow
2GN OG

Post: #13   PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rice_eater, so if we want CF parts.. we just send you what we want and you can do it?.. hm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rice_eater
-|-y|>3 R
2GN Registrant

Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty much, unless it's something i can find at a jyard relatively easy, to save you the shipping cost... also, i dont mind doing limited production runs of various things... i mean , might aswell if you spent the money to send the parts to me Wink if you or anyone else has the drive to put something like that together, i can make as many copies as you need, and you worry about selling them
henry00x
2GN Registrant

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he gets a +2 positive feedback from me, i ordered carbon fiber interior c and b pillars, they were great quilty and finish
Dirty whore.
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #16   PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as that super 77 goes, i use it all the time at work, it holds like a champ, takes very little time to set up (just make sure you tack it very well)
Vermilion
2GN Registrant

2000 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #17   PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wenuden wrote:
As far as that super 77 goes, i use it all the time at work, it holds like a champ, takes very little time to set up (just make sure you tack it very well)

can you use it for the exterior like on paint.
-|-y|>3 R
2GN Registrant

Post: #18   PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

half_twisted wrote:
Wenuden wrote:

it wont damage the paint if that`s what you`re worried about... just make sure not to overspray, and if you do, have a wipe handy and clean it up right away... it starts getting tacky in 10-15 seconds, so you have to be quick... if you can, also use gloves or just be careful, not to get it on your hands coz it`s sticky as hell and i dont think you can wash it off with anything (maybe acetone) and just have to wait till it all eventually rubs off....

otherwise it should stick stuff to any surface as far as i know
infil
2GN Registrant

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rice, got any 1gn love? i like cf....it makes me feel speical Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
95 All Motor Neon
13.958@96.99
SOHC - ALL MOTOR - STOCK BLOCK

ASE Certified A1-A8
Wenuden
Dirty whore.
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

half_twisted wrote:
Wenuden wrote:

It shouldn't hurt the paint on application, but this stuff doesn't come off like double-sided tape adhesive. It really is super. It very well might pull your paint right off the metal if you try to remove the part.
silentneon01
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #21   PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sue super 77 to bond polyfoam to conceret coulms so when people open thier doors they damage them.

Its good stuff.

KrackstaR wrote:

lol its like a religion and my business is to convert....lol Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Vendor Feedback All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: