School's on STRIKE!! *rant*

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Smoke
2GN Member

School's on STRIKE!! *rant*

Post by Smoke » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:20 pm

A few years ago this situation would have been the best thing ever, but now, my senior year in college, its the last thing i wanted to hear. I am so close to graduation that I can smell it and now the professors thow this one at me! What the hell! All I want is to be done with school and get a job, but noooo. No they haven't cancelled school yet but still, its pissing me off just the thought of it.

Oh and by the way here is what they turned down: 3% raises for the next 3 years and all they would have to pay in health care is 1.5% if they have a family and .75% if single.
-David

03sxt
Former Jr. Admin

Post by 03sxt » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:49 pm

Why are people so fucking greedy sometimes?

That sucks, dude. I hope something works out for ya'.

CU_rob
2GN Member

Post by CU_rob » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:48 am

People and Professors are not the same thing.

Professors are greedy SOB's. They sit on their ass doing "research grants" in bull shit fields, because thats were they make their money, not salaries.

Most grants are totally crap work too, and that is OUR TAX MONEY that pays the grants too.

It is a very corrupt system, I worked for an independent college paper so we were always investigating and busting peoples nuts over crap like this.

If it is a public "state" school, the complete salary list, yes COMPLETE, is available for free. Because of the freedom of information act. We used to publish it annually (our most read issue). Interesting to see what some of these prof's , admin's and coaches get paid.
01 Silver ACR = 60mm TB, AEM CAI, mopar wires, NGK-R plugs, Mopar Short Shifter *Now with new Orange flavor Bugger Bushings!!
02 Steel Blue Jeep Liberty Sport 4x2 = Wife's Car

Wallpapers:
viewtopic.php?t=944
http://cu-rob.deviantart.com/gallery/

03sxt
Former Jr. Admin

Post by 03sxt » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:57 am

CU_rob wrote:Interesting to see what some of these prof's , admin's and coaches get paid.

Probably more disgusting than interesting. :roll:

Smoke
2GN Member

Post by Smoke » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:53 am

I read in the paper that my particular school, Youngstown State, is the ONLY university in ohio that don't pay toward their medical benifits! and they are crying about the school wanting them to pay a small amount on the new contract.
-David

1st gen troll
2GN Member

Post by 1st gen troll » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:03 pm

Yeah my friend just quit his job of 7 years to attend YSU full time, only to come home to this.

<-- Former Youngstown/Warren/Niles resident

Return to “Off-Topic”