2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New exhuast: Commin out the passanger side PICS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> General 2nd Gen Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nodestiny
Knee - Yawn
2GN Registrant

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: New exhuast: Commin out the passanger side PICS Reply with quote

Here is my newest exhuast setup. Its 2.25" piping to a custom made (house brand) muffler (kinda spendy, but life time warranty). I also have the 18" glasspack up front, so the sound (inside the cab) is nearly inaudible (hear my intake WAY more). The outside has a bit of sound to it. About what i was after.

Whatcha think?

NoDestiny: 2004 SXT Silver MTx: CAI, Mag Intake, Mag header, Custom made mufflers, Grounding kit, Mopar STS, boogers, Eibach springs, Rear SRT4 struts, 29mm + 24mm hotchkis sways, MPx UPD, Street Prothane MM, P-werks rear strut tower bar, Lots of fun goodies inside, see WWW
Stonebender
Unbiased
2GN Registrant

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that sure is different.

A woman.
unsuper man
PLEASE BAN ME.
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually. i comletly love that. i tihnk that may be the best exhuast ive ever seen on a neon, period. are cars are diffacult to make look good due to ugly lines iMO, and i LOVE that idea...screw you for doing it first.

Laughing
DjTransifi
Puerto Rican Latte
2GN Registrant

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree it's different....., but it looks really good.. Good job...
Knee - Yawn
2GN Registrant

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people are telling me to dual it out, one on each side... think i should do it? Definatly considering it...
NoDestiny: 2004 SXT Silver MTx: CAI, Mag Intake, Mag header, Custom made mufflers, Grounding kit, Mopar STS, boogers, Eibach springs, Rear SRT4 struts, 29mm + 24mm hotchkis sways, MPx UPD, Street Prothane MM, P-werks rear strut tower bar, Lots of fun goodies inside, see WWW
ilpadrino
The movie buff
2GN Registrant

ICQ Status:

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do the dual (on both sides). I totally agree with those here though that that looks great. Looks very professional. Well done.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SupaDawg
2GN Registrant

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks great. low profile and clean. great job.

Hopefully she's not too loud outside of the car... drives me nuts when exhaust is stupid loud outside.
Unbiased
2GN Registrant

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unsuper man wrote:
actually. i comletly love that. i tihnk that may be the best exhuast ive ever seen on a neon, period. are cars are diffacult to make look good due to ugly lines iMO, and i LOVE that idea...screw you for doing it first.
Dude, are you drunk or something?

A woman.
evlneon
i like marbles
2GN Registrant

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. good job! i like it. i'd say leave it how it is. Wink

just be sure to watch the heat on the tip that it doesn't get too hot and melt the bumper around it. maybe get a piece of metal cut to fit in the cut-out to prevent that from happening. Confused
Smoke
Can't think...
2GN Registrant

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is awsome, the dual exit would be insane, DO IT.
grambo
Former Moderator

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a divorced waste-gate. VERY cool. You should put a stainless steel ring around the opening to finish the look! That is badass dude.
07 - Dodge Charger SRT-8 Super Bee #0267
01' Dodge Ram 5.7 - The Mall Crawler
dblsg
official lurkor-shhh
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thumbs up all the way

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote:
"eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nodestiny
Knee - Yawn
2GN Registrant

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grambo wrote:
It looks like a divorced waste-gate. VERY cool. You should put a stainless steel ring around the opening to finish the look! That is badass dude.

Yeah, as a few of you have said, i DO plan to do this. Have planned it for a while. Im waiting for school to come back (work at a school district) and ill talk to the teacher with the plasma cutter and see if i cant get one custom made, perfect fit Wink
grambo
Former Moderator

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. See if the teach will make two units to fit in my ACR's cut-outs and I'll buy em' no question!
07 - Dodge Charger SRT-8 Super Bee #0267
01' Dodge Ram 5.7 - The Mall Crawler
unsuper man
PLEASE BAN ME.
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stonebender wrote:
unsuper man wrote:
Dude, are you drunk or something?

i hate neons, thats why i think this...

Laughing
J-Villa
E3E
2GN Registrant

Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that looks good....get a pic of the whole side of the car
Official I sold my Neon Member #004
Ifixyawata
Circuit Board Idiot
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #17   PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like factory... if the factory ever did anything that puuurdy.
BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!
2009 Platinum Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

duals would be great, youll need a crossflow muffler to do that though...
as for the fascia, my 03 SXT melted the rear fascia when I had an SRT system on it..the tips get HOT....
As for your setup though, im pretty sure your muffler is absorbing all the heat like my flowmaster does on my R/T. So the tips MIGHT not get that hot. The trim ring idea is not a bad thought though....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-65-66-MUSTANG-DUAL-EXHAUST-TRIM-RINGS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34204QQitemZ4570737036QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
03sxt
The LED guy.
Former Jr. Admin

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks great! I'd do the trim idea, though, around the tips just to stay on the safe side... Plus it'd look a little more finished, if you know what I mean. Good job! thumbup

Click here to learn how to help support 2GN.org!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nodestiny
Knee - Yawn
2GN Registrant

Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the tips get silly hot. If you do anything other than tap the metal, it will burn you! It will melt the plastic too... did just a bit, but did some adjustment and it is fine now.

I DO HAVE A VIDEO! Has the sound and more footage of the car. NEED A HOST!
TNK
Post #18
2GN Registrant

2000 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #21   PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that looks fuckin' rad d00d! i love it!

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
TheRandom1 wrote:
My true opinion here is that the only time rubber should be stretched is when it's going over a penis.
03sxt
The LED guy.
Former Jr. Admin

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #22   PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the lower quality video (56k Friendly)

Rick click, save as...

The high quality one will be coming as soon as I get the file.

Click here to learn how to help support 2GN.org!
scneonchic
Member #450
2GN Registrant

Post: #23   PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice!!! Smile thats an orignal idea, im gonna go w/ the majority here and say that id add another one on the other side too, just fix it so it doenst melt the bumper of course, props for a great idea!
DJ CptnCrnch
Cell Phone Mod
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #24   PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive never seen a side exhaust coming from the bumper...ive seen it in front of the back wheel before. Im not sure how i feel abotu that exhaust...it is orginal, and it looks good, but i dont think i would ever do it to my car...
AEM intake, MPx underdrive pulley, MPx throttle body, Prothane Motor Mounts , Mopar short throw shifter Eibach lowing springs, Mag Intake Manifold, Mopar 3D Taillights, Mag head, Comp 400 cam, FF LTH. All this work and I'm still slow...time to find another car
BB PIN: 317CEE50
05srt4clone
2GN Registrant

Post: #25   PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds bad ass. All you have is a 18" glasspack and that muffler? Where can I get that muffler or what is it compared to?

06 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Inline 5
Brainstorming mods
06 Toyota Corolla S
Wife's Car- Gas Saver
CU_rob
2GN WallpaperArtist
2GN Registrant

Post: #26   PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good... and looks good too.

where did you get your grounding kit from?

01 Silver ACR = 60mm TB, AEM CAI, mopar wires, NGK-R plugs, Mopar Short Shifter *Now with new Orange flavor Bugger Bushings!!
02 Steel Blue Jeep Liberty Sport 4x2 = Wife's Car

Wallpapers:
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=944
http://cu-rob.deviantart.com/gallery/
nodestiny
Knee - Yawn
2GN Registrant

Post: #27   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

03sxt wrote:
Here's the lower quality video (56k Friendly)

Rick click, save as...

The high quality one will be coming as soon as I get the file.

Thanx! The HQ is just better video really... but ill see if i cant get it sent (every time i try i get errors!!! might compress a hair more... DAMN MSN!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> General 2nd Gen Discussion All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: