2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom CAI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!
2009 Platinum Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Custom CAI Reply with quote

I was at a car show yesterday and I saw the coolest intake yet!
Of course I did not have my camera to take pics but imagine this:

Take the pic above and imagine an aluminum case Vs the plastic, foam insulated walls..and a plexi glass lid ontop of it. The intake I saw yesterday was on a 2005 supercharged impala ss. I searched all morning to find something close to his setup and could not find anything online, it must have been a homebuilt job.
CU_rob
2GN WallpaperArtist
2GN Registrant

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you can buy them.
My brother has a similar one on his Pontiac GTP Supercharged. I've seen them primarly on GM's.

You could make one. Don't really see the point, as this is basicly what you would have on a stock intake if you remove the "black box" muffler in the fender well, and extended the pipe from there.

01 Silver ACR = 60mm TB, AEM CAI, mopar wires, NGK-R plugs, Mopar Short Shifter *Now with new Orange flavor Bugger Bushings!!
02 Steel Blue Jeep Liberty Sport 4x2 = Wife's Car

Wallpapers:
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=944
http://cu-rob.deviantart.com/gallery/
Steaks
2GN Registrant

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah basically the same, might as well go CAI and take the filter into the fender

BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the pic above is not exactly what I saw though....
I'm still searching for something closer than the pic above, but it looked sweet. The guy even had some type of a control module mounted in the same box because of the cool air.
As for just throwing on a CAI setup...there is a little more theary than just bolting on a CAI. There was a post somewhere here about the length of the actual intake VS low end TQ. But I wont get into details. I'll post a pic as soon as I can find one....
Stonebender
Unbiased
2GN Registrant

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The length of the intake before the throttle body isn't really primordial. What's important to an engine's powerband is intake manifold plenum and runner shape/size.

A woman.
BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok..thats understandable
But why have some people noticed more bottom end with a filter directly mounted to the TB Vs a cold air out to the fender well. Maybe there is some restriction to the airflow with a CAI Vs filter mounted direct?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: