2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I weird or do others do this?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steaks
2GN Registrant

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Am I weird or do others do this? Reply with quote

I have a list of things I want to put into the car how much, around they will cost me if I go through like Modern and Howell. I am wondering if others do this or am I the only one?

I find it really nice cause as I get parts I take it off the list and then I can kinda see how much I have put into it and how much I still have to go to make it the way I want it.

Anonymous User
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon SST

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i made a list of parts i want, but never with the prices.. i most of the prices stuff cost that i want anyways.
1995 JDM Front integra - Traded
1994 BMW 325i Convertible - Traded
1993 Honda Del Sol B18C - Sold
!997 Infiniti Q45 - TOTALED!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
CU_rob
2GN WallpaperArtist
2GN Registrant

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do the same thing... i call it my xmas/birthday/wish list...

I give it to my brothers with the hope that they will help my wife find the stuff...
works some of the time.

01 Silver ACR = 60mm TB, AEM CAI, mopar wires, NGK-R plugs, Mopar Short Shifter *Now with new Orange flavor Bugger Bushings!!
02 Steel Blue Jeep Liberty Sport 4x2 = Wife's Car

Wallpapers:
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=944
http://cu-rob.deviantart.com/gallery/
LaidNeon
Dotlow Rides
2GN Registrant

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a list of stuff i wanna do, but not prices on my website. I don't have the "Top Secret Stuff" listed though
Steaks
2GN Registrant

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay so I am a little weird but not that bad good

dblsg
official lurkor-shhh
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually, i've been thinking of doing it for my past 5 cars and never get around to it.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote:
"eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stonebender
Unbiased
2GN Registrant

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got 2 different lists for my car, and a lot of other lists for cars I don't have. No prices, though.

A woman.
WiTeOuT
2GN Registrant

2000 Plymouth Neon LX

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously not strange, I think almost all of my buddies with neons have done this. It's a good way to set goals and achieve them.
05srt4clone
2GN Registrant

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the same thing.

06 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Inline 5
Brainstorming mods
06 Toyota Corolla S
Wife's Car- Gas Saver
mospaxreton
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #10   PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think thats wierd? How about writing down what you have done with prices to see how much you've spent on top of what you do... Yes I think we are wierd... LoL It's called a Car enthusiast.
Bird is the word
2GN.org Owner/Admin

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mospaxreton wrote:
You think thats wierd? How about writing down what you have done with prices to see how much you've spent on top of what you do... Yes I think we are wierd... LoL It's called a Car enthusiast.

Laughing... I used to do that until it made me sick to my stomach on how much I've spent haha

^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Frizbe
What? Neons Suck.
2GN Registrant

2008 Plymouth Neon LX

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Am I weird or do others do this? Reply with quote

Steaks wrote:
I have a list of things I want to put into the car how much, around they will cost me if I go through like Modern and Howell. I am wondering if others do this or am I the only one?

I find it really nice cause as I get parts I take it off the list and then I can kinda see how much I have put into it and how much I still have to go to make it the way I want it.

I do that, prices and all. But I go so far as to break it up into Suspension/Engine/Body/ect. Laughing
Frizbe, you rock my socks.
- Jeff's girlfriend

Neonix
2GN Registrant

Post: #13   PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this also..but have seemed to lost my list. I have a bad memory. Plus, I'd always scratch things off, change my mind and put it back on, continually. It was a vicious cycle. Laughing
Get Your Own Avatar!
2GN Registrant

Post: #14   PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think your weird but im gonna have to start doing this too. Very Happy
JustANeon
It's Just A Neon
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have an excel spreadsheet like that Shocked
SILVER-ES

Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diablo0 wrote:
mospaxreton wrote:

Laughing... I used to do that until it made me sick to my stomach on how much I've spent haha

That would be my same response word for word. Laughing
moparknighthawk
2GN Registrant

Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make lists for all my cars. Mostly its maintenance lists. That way I can keep track of the 4 cars I take care of. Very Happy
1994 Ford Ranger (family workhorse)
Certified Mopar Nut!

Diablo0
Bird is the word
2GN.org Owner/Admin

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moparknighthawk wrote:
I make lists for all my cars. Mostly its maintenance lists. That way I can keep track of the 4 cars I take care of. Very Happy

I did that also but I have a pretty good memory on what I do and stuff so I got kinda tired of having to log everything. Plus... I'm pretty certian that I'm gonna have the R/T until it falls to pieces and not sell it since thats a lot of money out the door... so keeping logs for resale got kinda old too. haha

^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
scneonchic
Member #450
2GN Registrant

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Am I weird or do others do this? Reply with quote

linkinevo wrote:
Steaks wrote:

I do that, prices and all. But I go so far as to break it up into Suspension/Engine/Body/ect. Laughing

yes ill second that...lol....but im really organized, i keep up w/ everything..so i have 2 lists for the car and i keep up w/ how much i spend on it.... Embarassed too much...but well worth it! Very Happy
Steaks
2GN Registrant

Post: #20   PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but once something happens it feels good to know you have that list JUST incase and to have the records for if you need to talk to the insurance company

OT on this point but man my headlights don't look anything like my sig anymore I think I need to paint them again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: