Oil leak in 1gn

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
bossman
2GN Member

Oil leak in 1gn

Post by bossman » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:45 pm

Sorry i know its a question about 1gn but i cant put a forum on neons.org so Ive heard that 1gn neons doesn't matter how many miles on it at some point will have an oil leak. I'm looking in to buying a 95 neon and he put a new engine and tranny in it and now it has 40k on it. So what is the deal with the oil leak give me any details you know. thanks
I love dodge neons
they kick ass
literally

DannyBoy
Former Moderator

Post by DannyBoy » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:49 pm

I find it hard to believe that every single first gen made will have an oil leak after some amount of miles.

Edit: I am moving this to the off-topic board, this is not a General 2nd gen question.
Automatic wrote:Go fuck yourself Danny boy.
I am awesome.

Steaks
2GN Member

Post by Steaks » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:01 pm

I have a 1G Neon with 109k and I have no oil leak as of yet

Edgel
2GN Member

Post by Edgel » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:22 pm

I know someof the early first gens had problems with the headgaskets that could cause a leak but haven't really seen that happan to any that i have been around. 40K miles sounds like it should still be running strong it's just getting broke in. :D
May own A Ford Ranger. But i Still Know Alot about NeonS.

CU_rob
2GN Member

Post by CU_rob » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:53 pm

i've had 3 1gn's.
all 3 had the famed oil leak.

no biggie. just replace the head gasket, if that is the problem with yours. Mine also had a problem with the rear corners of the valve cover too.
01 Silver ACR = 60mm TB, AEM CAI, mopar wires, NGK-R plugs, Mopar Short Shifter *Now with new Orange flavor Bugger Bushings!!
02 Steel Blue Jeep Liberty Sport 4x2 = Wife's Car

Wallpapers:
viewtopic.php?t=944
http://cu-rob.deviantart.com/gallery/

bossman
2GN Member

Post by bossman » Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:19 pm

ok if later on i get an oil leak on this car i hope i get, will it be easy to fix or i mean cheapto to fix . plus i heard if you get an oil leak and get it fixed that the engine doesn't run as well as it did.

thnks for your replies
I love dodge neons
they kick ass
literally

Return to “Off-Topic”