Glasswars' Build: srt hood pics (now flat black)

Do you have a project going or will you be starting a project here very soon and just want to keep a log of everything you and when? Share with everyone every step of the way what sort of progress you are making on your project.
teamliviD
ECN Moderator

Post by teamliviD » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:26 am

yeah yeah yeah...the tails look good......

we want more pics of the rims!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe
team liviD
2K5 Black SRT-4
2K2 Black R/T..thats right I'm bringing her back!!
2K6 Red Charger R/T

ECN v2.0 IS HERE.....
Support 2gn! viewtopic.php?t=39019

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:35 am

When they are done. I don't think I'm going to the weekly meet tonight since it's going to rain, so maybe I will get to paint the other 2 today. Then tuesday I can throw on the red lips.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

slaw
2GN Member

Post by slaw » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:11 pm

booooo u should gotten the clk tails! lol just playin the cars looking good , im anxious to see the painted stuff come in

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:02 pm

can has time attack?

2 wheels done.
1 wheel is black needing red lip.
1 wheel is untouched.

Lug nuts should be here tomorrow.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:09 pm

Holy crap, those look awesome! I just hope they stand up to the abuse of being on a DD. It's unfortunate you couldn't get them powder coated. Does my eye decieve me, or did you get Blaze Red on the black centers of the wheels? lol.

Also, when I put my Silverstones on, those tires were one of my choices to go with, how do you like them??
PM me for your 00+ PCM SKIM/VIN flashing needs. Neon PCMs Plus

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Yea I got a little red overspray on the wheel, no biggie, I'll hit them with a quick spritz of black tomorrow.

I would get them powdercoated, but I'd rather spend the money on aftermarket wheels. These will hold me over till I can get aftermarket ones. And then I have my 03/04 r/t wheels so I don't have to bring the silverstones out in shitty weather if I don't want to.

The tires are great. They are the Kuhmo Ecsta ASX. ( All season performance ) 205/45/16. They handle well, idk I've never really "tested" them, but then again I've never had one problem with them. Road noise is low low, and tread wear is decent. Lanches are pretty sticky.

Oh by the way to everyone, the dulpicolor clear is PURE SHIT. The paint is great, but the clear is a horrible product.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:32 pm

Ah that's true. I forgot you have another set of wheels you could swap to, and that makes sense about the aftermarket wheels. I'm getting the Silverstones I bought PC'ed because they will more than likely be the final wheels I keep on the car. I just love the look of them.

Sweet, I'm glad you would recommend the tires. I think I'm gonna go with those in either a 195/50-16 or 205/50-16. I was looking at the Dunlop Direzza as well, but I see they got pretty bad ratings on TireRack compared to all the other similarly priced tires that size, and they were listed as a sumemer only tire. I only need them for 3 seasons, but I'd rather have a decent 3 season than a fair 1 season tire.

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:47 pm

I know what you mean, I love the R/T wheels aswell. But I really would kill for some gold rota boosts or enkei rpf1's.

The direzzas are excellent tires aswell, what are the prices for both now? I got these tires over a year ago.

also, page 10 holla.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:51 pm

Yeah, either one of those would look excellent on your car. Although I think the Rotas would probably look better. I have always loved that wheel.

$74 for the Dunlops, and $73 for the Kumhos but the Kumhos got a "best seller" award for tires this size, and people seem to be really happy with them, whereas a lot of people didn't like the Dunlops as much. I don't know, Matt (Nitehawk) told me he really likes his Direzzas and I rode in his car, and you can't tell a whole lot being a passenger, but them seemed quiet over the stereo and his exhaust anyway.

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:00 pm

Came out good Anthony! Now finish em up and get them on the car dammit!!!!!

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:00 pm

Hmmm. Since these are going on your R/T wheels, couldn't you get the summer performance ones? Since you'll have your sxt wheels? Or is that what you said lol. I'm too lazy to scroll up.

Thanks Crystal! And thanks for the tips. They will be on the car by Thursday.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:23 pm

No problem hun, anytime. All I ask is we have a photoshoot when you come up here. :) We posted at the same exact time LOL - fail.

Can't wait to see em'!

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:23 pm

Well yeah, I did say that I suppose haha. I just don't want to have a strictly summer tire for 3 seasons of the year and have negative consequences. Also, I have snow tires mounted on steel wheels from my old Spirit that I will run in the winter. I'm not sure yet If I want to keep the sxt wheels or sell them.

Izero
2GN Member

Post by Izero » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:02 pm

i say u come over and we make you a set of bumper flares like i did for my car... i think it would really even things out :-D but its lookin sexy man!

teh6xthecharm
2GN Member

Post by teh6xthecharm » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:40 pm

Car is amazing! The wheels look good! too bad you had to get all that stuff painted or you would have your rotas. It does sound like all of your painted stuff is going to look really nice though.

cant wait to new pics

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:20 pm

Okay so, first order of business. Lug nuts came in, they looked amazing. But one problem. They were small as fuck. Seriously. They must be lug nuts for fucking mirco machines or some shit, cause they sure as hell can't be for a real car. They didn't fit the lug holes all the way, and the studs went past the outside of the lug nut. So they are going to be for sale. Painting the stock ones will work till next year.

Smoked the fogs this morning, matches headlights perfectly.

Heres everything from paint, pictures don't do it justice. I gotta get some pictures of it in the sunlight.

Got a third wheel time attacked, fourth one is painted, getting T.A.'ed tomorrow, then I'm finally done.

Every Neon should have painted folding mirrors.

I still gotta install the intake and rear tension struts. The RTS's will go in when I put the silverstones on and lower the car more on Thursday just in time for the meet. Really tight schedule right now.

Shit load of pictures this thursday/friday.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

Mr Josh Zombie
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post by Mr Josh Zombie » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:37 pm

needs moar flake!!!

looking good
Modify your Car • Modify your Body • Modify your Life

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:39 pm

You gotta see it in the sun, or street lights, etc. Thanks though :P
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

LilSparkPlug
2GN Veteran

Post by LilSparkPlug » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:03 pm

I don't like the injector cover, those letters/numbers should be black. What are you doing with the intake mani?

Why did the guy paint the bushings on the tension strut?

theTeejmiester
2GN Member

Post by theTeejmiester » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:04 pm

hmmm,i am torn on this one.from the picts it almst looks like it is a mustard color rather than gold.but that AVS spoiler on there makes a happy tent in my pants :shock: cannot wait to see the wheels on.

PS not too rag on you but the fitment on those eyelids look like shit.but i am still your biggest fan....realy.....like stalker type....i will have your AVS or i will kill you.....

:shock: sorry i have poor peple skills
Last edited by theTeejmiester on Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ziptie's come in handy when a prostitute gets mouthy or reluctant
*eye twitches*
I like people who BUY a 10 sec car and then brag about it. Thats like hiring someone to bang your wife and then bragging about the kid

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:05 pm

Not too shabby!
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

ThrIsNoSpork
2GN Member

Post by ThrIsNoSpork » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:20 pm

:wackoff:
RIP 2004 e-blue sxt
Totaled 9/18/2008

96 1gn coupe

z3roneo
2GN Member

Post by z3roneo » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:49 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:I don't like the injector cover... What are you doing with the intake mani?
Yea thats same thing I was thinking.... IMO I would paint the letters on the injector cover gold and leave the background black... and for the manifodl I would paint it either black or gold..

Overall its hot.. Now get those rt wheels done and on already... :rofl:
2000 2.4L Turbocharged Neon (The Monster)
2005 5.7L Hemi Jeep Grand Cherokee (SRT8 Clone)

jake_tim
2GN Member

Post by jake_tim » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:22 pm

I always get happy when you update your thread. Some points:

-I'm with crystal on the valve cover.

-Gold looks great.

-Be careful when painting your lugs, that paint will come off under the torque of the lugwrench.

-Painted folding mirrors= teh sex

-Great job on the foglights.

-Sucks about the micromachine lugnuts, and slap that inake in there.

I'm done.

JRM
2GN Member

Post by JRM » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:13 pm

The car looks great. The only thing I don't like is the eyelids, although I've never been a fan of those on any car...
06 Ford F150 Stock truck 23x,xxx miles and running strong
05 Chevy Equinox Wifey's

Official I sold my Neon Member #482

supertrick_05
2GN Member

Post by supertrick_05 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:25 pm

LilSparkPlug wrote:I don't like the injector cover, those letters/numbers should be black. What are you doing with the intake mani?

Why did the guy paint the bushings on the tension strut?
:withstupid:
-Brodie
2002 Dodge Neon ACR - Needs LOTS of love, but I'm gonna slowly get her to where she deserves to be :)

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:27 pm

I am going to join in with everyone else on ragging on you. Like they said, I think the text on the injector cover should be black, and the eyelid looks like it doesn't fir for shit. Is it just sitting on there? Because I see it's not on in the one pic.

Other than that... It looks like epic win! :D

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:03 pm

Alrightyyy:
It's gold not mustard.
I wanted the injector cover that way.
I never told him not to paint the bushings cause I didn't think it would matter if he did, so I just saved him some time.
That's how s styles fit on 02 projectors, the end doesn't match up, it doesn't really bother me enough. ppl should know this by now.
I would like to do the intake mainfold gold but that would mean he would have to have the car for a day or two cause I don't have an extra one laying around hah. I'll probably get it done when I get my black roof next year.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

MyNeonSaysHi
2GN Veteran

Post by MyNeonSaysHi » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:35 pm

Looking really hot bro.

got eyelid gap? Take it they aren;t on all the way. Eyelids won;t do it o n the 00-02 style. Unless they are smaller.

Now get those wheels on and your car with be teh sex.

08 Acura TL-S
23 Hyundai Elantra N

sidepipe87
2009 Silver Contributor

Post by sidepipe87 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:48 pm

glasswars wrote:Alrightyyy:
It's gold not mustard.
I wanted the injector cover that way.
I never told him not to paint the bushings cause I didn't think it would matter if he did, so I just saved him some time.
That's how s styles fit on 02 projectors, the end doesn't match up, it doesn't really bother me enough. ppl should know this by now.
I would like to do the intake mainfold gold but that would mean he would have to have the car for a day or two cause I don't have an extra one laying around hah. I'll probably get it done when I get my black roof next year.

Return to “Progress/Project Log”