how do I convert color's

Questions about interior lighting, shift knobs, just anything mainly to do with modifications on the inside of the car. Ask those questions here.
soldierofink
2GN Member

how do I convert color's

Post by soldierofink » Sun May 15, 2005 2:48 pm

Ok the obvious answer to the question im going to ask is, just get the carpet and do it that way. But right now I want to change the color of my head liner. I was wanting to just use fabric paint or put dye into a spray bottle. Has anyone done either of these steps? If you have please let me know.

2005 SXT- Alot of mods...and a bad memory.

If I say hi to you, will you go the f*** away?

Casketbearer
2GN Member

Post by Casketbearer » Sun May 15, 2005 2:56 pm

When that headliner gets wet, it'll start to sag- then you will have a custom headliner with a thumbtack finish. Get headliner material.

WiTeOuT
2GN Member

Post by WiTeOuT » Sat May 21, 2005 12:04 am

Hey guys I am new here....and this is my first post!! Thanks for having me.

Anyhow I own a 2000 neon soldier, white as well. I actually re did my Headliner in White Pleather. It has done great, and looks great. My buddy used the fabric spray to paint his black and he says it looks good, although I have never seen it. It's up to you, but it's a great thing to do in my own opinion.

GOOD LUCK! and keep us updated.

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Sat May 21, 2005 10:40 am

-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

eVilcreations
Former Jr. Admin

Post by eVilcreations » Sat May 21, 2005 10:43 am

thanks Jason.....

2001DodgeNeonSe
2GN Member

Post by 2001DodgeNeonSe » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:00 am

I was gonna wrap my headliner in black vinyl cause leather was really expensive. I went and bought contact cement for laying formica on countertops. Thats what a friend told me his friend used in his custom auto shop. Anyways i put the glue on and layed the vinyl but when I put on the vinyl it stretched really easy and looked like crap. I thought for sure my headliner was ruined. So I ended taking off the vinyl before the cement dryed. I decided to spray paint it black to see if it would look decent. I went to walmart and bought the cheap 1 dollar cans of black spray paint. Sprayed my liner with like 4 or 5 cans. Let it dry over night. In the morning my headliner looked awesome. The contact cement made it look shiny "like glitter". I'll post pics of my headliner tommorrow. The only bad thing was that the inside of my car smelled like spraypaint for a month, now i cant even smell it.
Last edited by 2001DodgeNeonSe on Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

neon_chris
n00b

Post by neon_chris » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:05 am

I just did my headliner by myself, i just took it off and used some black fabric paint, I think it looks good come check for yourself at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/769980
come check out my car at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/769980

Return to “Interior”