P1299 and car idle surges

This is the place to ask questions about your engine components like cams, valves, pistons… just anything that is generally "engine" specific. This also includes questions about exhaust systems such as exhaust manifolds, piping size, mufflers, ect...
Arro
2GN Member

P1299 and car idle surges

Post by Arro » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:19 am

ok i would have searched first but I'm kinda stuck on the road and typing this from my cellphone... car accelleration got stuck (acted a bit like cruise control only I don't have cruise control heh), then would idle-bounce off of 2200 rpms, and jerk the car a bit..getting on the gas smoothed it out some but still idle surges and runs like shit.

Flashed the keys to get the code.... other than the battery disconect code, I get P1299.

Any help appreciated.
Drive it like you stole it, and work on it like you married it.
- A - R - R - O - 2000 - NEON SE - // - 2003 - SRT-4 -
Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651950
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #22

Arro
2GN Member

Post by Arro » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:04 am

I got home ok... my phone was acting up, one bar pwns me... finally I got to search, and read about the bellows tube... and after feeling around (who took my flashlight out of my trunk? grrrr), I could feel the bellows tube was slipped off. It was dark and all I had was a flathead for the hose clamp, but somehow I managed to get it back on.

I figure everyone was out doing what I was, which was watching F&F.

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:20 am

there also known to split causing a leak,a small split almost like a razor blade cut...

Arro
2GN Member

Post by Arro » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:28 am

Well this one was kinda my fault... apparently when I put it back together after I reinstalled the intake mani, I didn't completely get the whole lip over and around the TB... so it was kinda folded over underneath and then clamped down like that. I'm surprised it didn't happen a week or two ago when I did the work. I'm also glad it didn't tear... that thing feels like silicone, not rubber, so perhaps that's why it didn't tear... and why it tends to come off easily. Anyways I got it on properly this time, and tinkered with the K&N Typhoon's brackets a bit to give more lattitude to the TB.

We'll see what happens.

Return to “Engine”