2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

P1299 and car idle surges

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arro
'00 RED cop magnet
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: P1299 and car idle surges Reply with quote

ok i would have searched first but I'm kinda stuck on the road and typing this from my cellphone... car accelleration got stuck (acted a bit like cruise control only I don't have cruise control heh), then would idle-bounce off of 2200 rpms, and jerk the car a bit..getting on the gas smoothed it out some but still idle surges and runs like shit.

Flashed the keys to get the code.... other than the battery disconect code, I get P1299.

Any help appreciated.

- A - R - R - O - 2000 - NEON SE - // - 2003 - SRT-4 -
Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651950

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #22
Arro
'00 RED cop magnet
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got home ok... my phone was acting up, one bar pwns me... finally I got to search, and read about the bellows tube... and after feeling around (who took my flashlight out of my trunk? grrrr), I could feel the bellows tube was slipped off. It was dark and all I had was a flathead for the hose clamp, but somehow I managed to get it back on.

I figure everyone was out doing what I was, which was watching F&F.

BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!
2009 Platinum Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there also known to split causing a leak,a small split almost like a razor blade cut...

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #666
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Arro
'00 RED cop magnet
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this one was kinda my fault... apparently when I put it back together after I reinstalled the intake mani, I didn't completely get the whole lip over and around the TB... so it was kinda folded over underneath and then clamped down like that. I'm surprised it didn't happen a week or two ago when I did the work. I'm also glad it didn't tear... that thing feels like silicone, not rubber, so perhaps that's why it didn't tear... and why it tends to come off easily. Anyways I got it on properly this time, and tinkered with the K&N Typhoon's brackets a bit to give more lattitude to the TB.

We'll see what happens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Engine All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: