Replied Image for PMs has been disabled

If we make changes, if the boards will be down, or if we just want to let everyone know about something, we'll be posting it here.
Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Replied Image for PMs has been disabled

Post by Diablo0 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:12 am

In preparation for the upgrade to phpBB3 coming in the near future I've disabled the PM replied image modification.

Before, when you replied to a PM the image changed from your standard Read or Unread image to a little arrow indicating to you that you have replied to the PM. It's really quite a useful modification, for me at least to show me at a glance which PMs I've replied to and which I haven't. However, this modification presents a problem when upgrading to phpBB3.

During the update to phpBB3 it pulls all the information such as posts, PMs, user information and puts it into a new database for phpBB3 to use. When it pulls this information it doesn't pull in the PMs that have the replied marker. Most of you reply to all of your PMs and because of that most everyones PMs would not transfer over to the new forum and I'd say that's quite a major problem.

I have a solution to get around this but just in case I have disabled this modification until the update takes place. If I can't get my solution to work at least most of your recent PMs from now until then will transfer over just fine and you won't lose your most recent PMs.

If you have any questions please let me know.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:28 am

My solution appears to have worked so when we upgrade to phpBB3 all PMs should transfer over just fine. :thumbup:
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:37 am

Good deal :D
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

Return to “News”