Tuning a SOHC?

Have a question about how to make horsepower going the all motor route, here's where to ask it.
occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:24 pm

Not exactly what I was implying.

He isn't looking for massive amounts of power.

Heck, swapping to an MTX will boost the fun factor in itself.

But in all, the oversize valves would be more effective in a boosted engine. They won't really provide much bang for the buck on an N/A engine. But,if you are replacing bad valves with Mopar replacements, then the oversize ones are very comparable in cost.

One thing about aftermarket replacements: The cheaper priced ones are single lock grooved. 99% of 2gn's are triple locks. You will need to replace the keepers and retainers to use single lock valves. Now they are not so cheap.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

derekis1joedirt
n00b

Post by derekis1joedirt » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:26 pm

I dont want to by another bad ass car that someone has worked on and changed already i wanna do everything my self i have a shop me and my dad run sooo i can get the aftermarket shit pennies on the dollars....

thx OD ... thats really all i want is to make the fun factor better really and my manager at the shop which is my best bud he has a Stock ass 04 rsx and he thinks he is sooo bad ass but i know my car could smoke his ass with a lil modding
"I Drive A Neon"... "Is It An SRT"....*Sadly Says Under Breath* "No"

Return to “Naturally Aspirated”