2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What gauges are you guys using?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleashedcc
neons FTW!
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: What gauges are you guys using? Reply with quote

I have a set of ebay gauges that I feel like replacing; I've had them for over 2 years now. They are tinted, so from the glare of the sun it's hard to see them in the morning. They look beautiful at night but I want to be able to read them at all times.

I want white face ones with silver trim to match my cluster, I was wondering what you guys are using.

POST PICTURES!!! not just brand names Smile

Thanks thumbup

04 Yellow SRT - 1 out of 127 Smile
02 SXT - Completely converted to RT/Chrysler (Every bolt on possible) - SOLD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger   Yahoo Messenger
2low4uneon
2GN Registrant

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mopar gauges

Ridez 2005 Chrysler 300 Touring, 2007 Chrysler Pacifica
Jenni
aka Legoman
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4
ICQ Status:

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your right gauge reminds me to this:

i have boost gauge and wideband:

Click here to see all my modifications
for sale: UNIQUE 10.2" in dash tft screen radio bezel
blueneo03
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i had on my old neon

Eqous or something like that its a kragen/oreily brand i think but they are actually pretty nice gauges...

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #61

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxt Sold
2014 Durango R/T Hemi (the wife's)
Caraudioholic24
MECP Certified
2GN Registrant

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.veisystems.com/v1-instruments.html

I always wanted that AEM look but hated their colors.....found this company and fell in love... Its a digital readout with a bar graph...Im running 4 right now but once turbo is installed Im going to have 7 total LOL. They have red blue and orange I believe right now. Think they are working on green.

I have an oil pressure and a wideband gauge for sale in blue from them...gonna change up my setup a bit so I dont have to have so many

These are very popular on srt forums and thats where I got the idea to run them. Also they do sponsorships if you are interested. I was able to get one and its def helps considering they are about 84-100 per gauge plus senders..but def worth the money

***Project "Got Boost?" is officially underway***

My for sale threads:
Parts:
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?p=930876#930876

LED Modifications
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=56918

Audio
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=47688
steamer1227
BIG Steve
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running the autometer boost gauge and oil pressure(once I buy the sending unit kit). The boost gauge is used for a vaccumm gauge right now cuz I'm waiting on swapping for srt motor but I use it for gas mileage now. Lol. They are not the best at night bit will be doing a full LED swap on interior so that should help. I'll post a pic later for u

-STEPHEN- <HOW TO> <FEEDBACK>
cgneon
Zombie Sympathizer
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know its not the same stuff u guys use..
but i use this, but has since been relocated just to the right and sits on the cubby thing under the dash above the hvac vents..

edit: heres where i got it now...

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000082

Last edited by cgneon on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
darthroush
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueneo03 wrote:
What i had on my old neon

Eqous or something like that its a kragen/oreily brand i think but they are actually pretty nice gauges...

Equus is it's own company and they are sold at most parts stores just like Autometer. Fairly decent gauge for the price.
http://equus.com/Product/Gauges/

I have Autometer Phantom II's in my Mustang and Autometer Sport-Comps to install into the Neon.

Summit Racing gauges in the trucks.

Feedback | Garage | Progress Log
unleashedcc
neons FTW!
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice guys Smile i think the mopar ones are above my budget Sad

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger   Yahoo Messenger
darthroush
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is said budget for how many/what gauges?

unleashedcc
neons FTW!
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking like 35-50 per gauge. I want 3, oil pressure or temperature, air/fuel, voltage

darthroush
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No point in buying the narrowband A/F gauge for modern cars. It'll be a $50 light show. Something like vacuum would be more useful in that case.

I've got Phantom II gauges:

They are a bit more expensive than the Phantom gauges since they are LED lit, but the Regular Phantom series look the same. They are just lit with a regular bulb (that you can change to an LED anyways). I'm switching my full-sweep mechanical gauges in the pics above to short-sweep electric. The mechanical gauges are a pain in the butt with anything besides a panel IMO.

Phantom Oil Pressure: $62
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-5727/

Phantom Volts: $44
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-5727/

Phantom Trans Temp (for autos): $52
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-5757/

Phantom Water Temp: $50
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-5737/

There's a guy on eBay that sells Autometer gauges for a very competitive prices; http://stores.ebay.com/ihavethebestpriceperformance69?_rdc=1.
He is actually who I bought my new Phantom II's from and will buy any Autometer through him again most likely. He'll combine shipping if you e-mail him. My Phantom II oil pressure gauge only cost $3 more than the Phantom from Summit. Not all gauges are cheaper, but the ones that are, are great deals. The Phantom II oil pressure gauge is like $80 something from Summit Racing.

Look around Summit Racing; there are many other brands. There's also GlowShift. I have yet to actually use them, but I almost switched to them. I just still like Autometer's known performance and reliability...and being made in the USA. Smile

EDITED to clarify something. Smile

Last edited by darthroush on Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:39 am; edited 2 times in total
acr
BANNED

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get what you pay for it!
skittle04
2GN Registrant

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a oil ,vaccum, volt tinted series from glow shift and also a triple dash pod from them also.
DodgeEvo
2GN Registrant

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prosport gauges are good. They come in different styles and colors. The price is excellent too. I was able to get a partical sponsorship from them and have three gauges and a tach. coming for $215 w/shipping.
UriahRR
Live Life Racing
2GN Registrant

Post: #16   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump, is the AEM A/F Ratio Gauge really worth anything in a N/A? Or is it pretty much just for boost tuning?

Seems I'll be having the Auto Meter Phantom Oil Pressure, Volt, and Trans Temp installed soon, but there's one more hole to fill, just wondering what you think I should put in it; A/F Ratio, Fuel Pressure, Coolant Temp, Vacuum, etc?

... and is Vacuum even good for anything?
Boosted AT Carlisle!
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have all AEMs

www.aspturbo.com
BoostinBen
Registered Booster
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #18   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VEI gauges. My only issue is the 2 years I've owned them, I've had to send them in maybe 3 times because a few LEDs for the sweeping bar have gone out. If they made a unit without that I'd definitely switch over because those are notorious for going out but they're definitely awesome gauges.
unleashedcc
neons FTW!
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #19   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dumb questions, I know most will depend on the car set up but just in case other people are wondering the same Smile

Is oil temperature more important than oil pressure?

Why get a water temperature gauge when the cluster has one already, don't they read the same thing, coolant temp?

Is vacuum important?

I have a dual pod, I cannot decide what to get. I have a volts already but not sure about the second one Sad

darthroush
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #20   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UriahRR wrote:
Bump, is the AEM A/F Ratio Gauge really worth anything in a N/A? Or is it pretty much just for boost tuning?

Seems I'll be having the Auto Meter Phantom Oil Pressure, Volt, and Trans Temp installed soon, but there's one more hole to fill, just wondering what you think I should put in it; A/F Ratio, Fuel Pressure, Coolant Temp, Vacuum, etc?

... and is Vacuum even good for anything?

I don't think AEM gauges are worth the extra money just for being an AEM gauge. The wideband A/F is about equal with other brands, but that's about it. On an untuned car, no point really.

Having a real water temp gauge is nice IMO. Vacuum is useful, if you understand how to read it. Vacuum is also more useful in an untuned car vs. wideband A/F.

unleashedcc wrote:
Dumb questions, I know most will depend on the car set up but just in case other people are wondering the same Smile

Is oil temperature more important than oil pressure?

Why get a water temperature gauge when the cluster has one already, don't they read the same thing, coolant temp?

Is vacuum important?

I have a dual pod, I cannot decide what to get. I have a volts already but not sure about the second one Sad

Depends. I actually have an oil temperature gauge I bought for my Mustang, that I am now selling. If you either race/track the car, even more so with a supercharger that uses the engine oil, knowing if you are cooking the engine oil is useful information. I was going to use it because I mainly drove the car just to move it around a bit since it has mainly been sitting (making sure the oil temp got to where it needed to be to burn off the fuel). Since I'm driving it more, it's not really a concern to me anymore and will be going back to oil pressure.

A real water temperature gauge shows you what the real temperature is. Most factory senders read in the "normal" zone as long as the coolant is in-between whatever range the factory sets. In my Mustang, my factory gauge reads normal from about 120F to the highest I've yet to see it go, 230F. Big difference in temp, but the factory gauge sat right in the middle of "normal." Hence the term, "dummy gauges."

Vacuum...see above.

With these awesome automatics, a trans temp gauge would serve well. I've got one to be installed, along with volts. Just trying to find a good deal on the third.

UriahRR
Live Life Racing
2GN Registrant

Post: #21   PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. But why again do I want vacuum? How is it useful? I ripped out everything behind the front bumper including the vacuum chamber and hoses and there's been a loose dangling vacuum line under the hood for a few years now, no problems. I always just thought vacuum was some make-believe bs.
Registered Booster
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #22   PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oil pressure is more important than oil temperature.
blueneo03
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #23   PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had oil pressure and volts... for me i didnt really need anything else....

and on a side note darth nice to see a new avatar from you

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #61

2003 neon se crashed
1998 neon highline Sold
2005 neon sxt Sold
2014 Durango R/T Hemi (the wife's)
BoostinBen
Registered Booster
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #24   PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have boost, oil pressure, A/F and my scangauge. Monitors all the necessary parameters, and I have a mini-LED mounted on the dash that lights up with my methanol pump kicks in so I know it's working properly under its tuned settings.
darthroush
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #25   PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UriahRR wrote:
Thanks for the info. But why again do I want vacuum? How is it useful? I ripped out everything behind the front bumper including the vacuum chamber and hoses and there's been a loose dangling vacuum line under the hood for a few years now, no problems. I always just thought vacuum was some make-believe bs.
It can be useful to determine throttle %, if you are watching for fuel economy. A vacuum gauge is also a diagnostic tool. When the needle starts behaving oddly, it can help diagnose an engine problem.Here's a quick example:http://www.classictruckshop.com/clubs/earlyburbs/projects/vac/uum.htm
It's not essential, then again most gauges aren't, but I do like having one.

BoostinBen wrote:
Oil pressure is more important than oil temperature.

I agree. The majority of the time it is, yes.

blueneo03 wrote:
i had oil pressure and volts... for me i didnt really need anything else....

and on a side note darth nice to see a new avatar from you

I thought about it the other day and figured it had been awhile. Very Happy

Jr1
2GN Registrant

Post: #26   PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP you have a p.m.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Interior All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: