first time using clay bar......

Got a question on outside appearance modifications. Questions about body kits, exterior lighting, just anything thats a visual mod on the "exterior" of the car. Ask those questions here.
pinslammer
n00b

first time using clay bar......

Post by pinslammer » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:36 pm

This is the first time I will use a clay bar, I’ve read that I want to use dawn to take off all of the old wax. But I have a lot of bugs on my car right now (damn humidity) anyway should I get the bugs off first? Also I bought the mothers clay bar, and it says NOT to use water, but they want me to use their quick wax detailing spray...........is there any cheaper way?? I’m not made of money so any info will help

grindpunk16
2GN Member

Post by grindpunk16 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:40 pm

dont use dawn even regualar car wash will strip the wax off. if you buy the mothers clay bar box it comes with the quick detail and the chumba wax. just do all of this in the shade it will save you so much hassle

^^^^
Michael vs Prince fights

We all know who won

To slow for you Forum member #001
lambostealth wrote:Please ditch the lip, pretty please, makes baby jesus cry... :cry:

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:53 pm

Yes, you have to use a quick detail or something that has some sort of a libricant that will not run right off the car or dry fast. If you don't have it wet and very slipery you will scratch your clear coat which isn't good.

not all car washes strip wax, some are not strong enough or that abrasive. Dawn will take ALL the WAX off which is good for when you are clay baring it that way you get as much dirt and grit off the car before you start claying it. Just make sure you put a new coat on soon after your done that way your paint doesn't get damaged from the elements.
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

pinslammer
n00b

Post by pinslammer » Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:38 pm

now this will sound stupid, but when i bought the car used there were a few scratches that the dealer ship had filled at a bodyshop. i watched them wet sand 2 out of the 3 scratches....the 3rd one the ended up going through the clear coat so they repainted it for free..........wiil the bar go through the clear on the other two scratches? :roll:

lowneon
2GN Member

Post by lowneon » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:22 am

nope, and I dawned my car before I claybard it. clay bar will strip the wax, anyways. that was for a show, I also used the 3 step with meguiars and then then NXT gen wax. so my car was clean.
noTe wrote
your a sick fuck, you know that?

Return to “Exterior”