2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kinsler ITB's Dyno sheets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomZ
2GN Registrant

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Kinsler ITB's Dyno sheets Reply with quote

For those of you not on the .org:

Last night's tuning session:

Weather: Very hot and humid - high 90's.

Dyno: older Dynojet

Engine: 2.4, 10.5:1 CR, Srt-4 rods, ARP hardware, Crower Stage IV cams, Bosch Red Top injectors (don't remember the specs), FastFab header, 1 MM oversize valves, moderate head porting. The CR is low, and the rings gaped loose for NO2 (future use). Fuel is E85.

We ran out of injector at 7,500 RPM, the duty cycle is waaaaay over 100% (130%+). With bigger injectors it may rev higher, we'll see.

Now that the excuses are noted:

That's the .org's own Jon Moore of Moorespeed Performance doing the tuning.

After initial adjustments:

Final:

I'm debating the whole NO2 idea, and going with higher compression, milling the head. Bigger injectors are an immediate need, and a return-type fuel system is a future mod.

Thanks to Jon for getting us to this point. There won't be a test and tune until Aug. 5th at my local track (National Trails). This was the first time on the Dyno, so no comparison to previous set-up (ModernCo street header, Crane 18's, 60 MM TB and an AMM intake)

'02 Dodge ES, Stone White, MTX, '01 Magnum swap, ACR sways, Tokiko blues, Mopar
2GN lowering springs, Comp 200 cam, PT Cruiser clutch, bolt-ons.
'02 Plymouth ES, Stone White, ATX, free project.
'00 Chrysler LE. ATX (Fiancee's) stock. '02 engine from above car. Mopar springs, Tokiko Blues.
Danteneon
Titanium Member

2002 Dodge Neon ACR

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Good looking numbers indeed Shocked

This would seem to be THE set-up for a N/A build. Great job thumbup

Now I'm wondering how a Magnum SOHC with the same build would do Think

heydockyle
OB Bitch
2011 Silver Contributor

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems the number is low to me for a built 2.4 setup?

05 OB SRT-4 - AGP Stg 3 Delta 44 Turbo w/ Supporting mods
98 Platinum Coupe - 2.4 Swap
98 Flame Red Sedan - DD Slow
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold
JeffB#2
le' Booger King
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon ACR

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's about right for the parts involved and there's nothing wrong with it. It really needs more cam and then good head work to match the cams. The 2.4s really like more duration than a 2.0.
'01 ACR Stone White
'16 Hellcat Charger Plum Crazy
www.boogerbushings.com

occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice flat torque curve... thumbup

That is what makes it fun. Twisted Evil

Still what, about 30 - 35 hp more at the stock redline? And gaining. Not too bad. Laughing

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
JeffB#2
le' Booger King
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon ACR

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for comparion, Crane 28s with NOT ENOUGH of the right kind of head work and Blackdog intake. I may take a swing at some ITBs this fall with Crane 24s. I'd like to have a set of Crane with lift of the 22s and duration of the 28s. I just need the spare cash to make it happen.

'01 ACR Stone White
'16 Hellcat Charger Plum Crazy
www.boogerbushings.com

dpuck153
2GN Registrant

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice numbers Tom and Jeff. Jeff I think sometimes big cams are overrated. Dont get me wrong you have to have big cams to make power I know, but after building some pretty big N/A 2.4's I've had luck both ways. It seems to me that the engine combo makes all the difference. As an example I made 256whp/196tq with Crane 22's back in the day. Granted that was a race motor w/ about 13.5:1 CR and a VERY nice head from when I was running NDRA COMP4. Big numbers can be made from smaller cams but the combo has to be spot on. Tom love the ITB's! I am making a set now for a new 2.4 I am building and when I am done I will post the results. Hoping for the 240whp+ ish range, but we will see.

Last edited by dpuck153 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
dpuck153
2GN Registrant

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a dyno chart of my current 2.4 that I made from stuff laying around the shop. Stock PT bottom end, decent head w/ stock valves(not shaved), custom Crower cams w/ .420ish lift & Crane 20ish duration, box style intake w/24lb injectors,Fast Fab LTH, blah, blah, blah. Sorry about the speed being up there instead of RPM I messed it up somehow extracting the file with Dynojets software. Car has a MP PCM so where the rpm's fall of is 7600ish.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: