NiteHawks LED Dome Light

Did you buy a part and think it was awesome, or did you think it was a piece of crap? Let everyone know here so we know not to buy the same product.
p8ntballah413
2GN Member

NiteHawks LED Dome Light

Post by p8ntballah413 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:21 pm

The Light can be bought here:

http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=6595

First off, the shipping time was great, got the product in about 3 business days. It came via USPS and was very well packaged. The actual unit is a quality piece. Also came with very detailed step by step instructions on how to install it. Even had color photos.

The instal was fairly simple. However upon removing my domelight assembly I had NO slack in my wires, unlike the photo in the instructions. So I was unable to splice into wires, so I just jammed the wires into the plug for the bulb.

Then I just zip tied it into place and reassmebled everything. The LED's are VERY bright. When the car is running the lights brightness seems to fluctuate a tad, but thats probably because Im not directly wired. But when the car is off and I open the door its a thing of beauty nice even glow throughout the interior, balances out with the my other glow stuff rather nicely. When I unlocked my car last night at work in the dark parking lot you could see the blue glow from probably 80-100 feet away.

Overall I think this is a great product backed up by great service and a good guy. Glow isnt for everybody but if your into that kinda thing like I am, this is a great addition to your setup.

Elfreda
Fresh Fish

Re: NiteHawks LED Dome Light

Post by Elfreda » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:10 am

p8ntballah413 wrote:The Light can be bought here:

what is smd 5050

First off, the shipping time was great, got the product in about 3 business days. It came via USPS and was very well packaged. The actual unit is a quality piece. Also came with led lights flexible very detailed step by step instructions on how to install it. Even had color photos.

The instal was fairly simple. However upon removing my domelight assembly I had NO slack in my wires, unlike the photo in the instructions. So I was unable to splice into wires, so I just jammed the wires into the plug for the bulb.

Then I just zip tied it into place and reassmebled everything. The LED's are led bulbs 12v VERY bright. When the car is running the lights brightness seems to fluctuate a tad, but thats probably because Im not directly wired. But when the car is off and I open the door its a thing of beauty nice even glow throughout the interior, balances out with the my other glow stuff rather nicely. When I unlocked my car last night at work in the dark parking lot you could see the blue glow from probably 80-100 feet away.

Overall I think this is a great product backed up by great service and a good guy. Glow isnt for everybody but if your into that kinda thing like I am, this is a great addition to your setup.
Pull the plastic cap off the stock trunk light by pulling down
and pushing in the clip that holds the cap in place. I just used the key
to my car to pull down and push in the clip. The plastic cap pulls down
and is connected to the bulb, so just pull the bulb out and plug in the
new LED strip. Its simple plug-and-play style!

dvon17
2GN Member

Post by dvon17 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:47 am

:laughing3: u know his post was made 6 years ago, right?

hahaha
2003 SRT-4 :D

:glasses4:
NEON PARABOLA wrote:you deserve respect dammit! you drive a neon!
"Cause even though you left me here, I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here..."

NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by NickKo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:32 pm

dvon17 wrote::laughing3: u know his post was made 6 years ago, right?

hahaha
So what's wrong with that ??

As long as someone is posting useful information and updating the thread, I say it's a good thing ! :D

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 57mm TB; Maddog STS
-2000 Ply.LX w/MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; 2.5 exh.; 60mm T/B
-2001 ATX w/Syked PCM + Magnum header
-2001 ACR w/SRT T/B bored out to 55mm

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009

dvon17
2GN Member

Post by dvon17 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:39 pm

touche' lol
2003 SRT-4 :D

:glasses4:
NEON PARABOLA wrote:you deserve respect dammit! you drive a neon!
"Cause even though you left me here, I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here..."

Return to “Parts/Product Reviews”