2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions for the track gurus

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2003se559
2003se559
2GN Registrant

Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Questions for the track gurus Reply with quote

Their is a local track about 30 min away I have been wanting to go but until I meet the requirements I won't be able to make it lol. Well anyways wanted to see what type of numbers to expect to see at the track ,my car Is an 03 se that has been boosted I am using a td40 which is like small medium size turbo IMO has a quick spool time am boosting 10psi on stock motor other than that I have a short ram intake catless srt exhaust that's pretty much it oh yeah am running the hahn port fueler system . So what should I expect to see guys? Thanks for any input thumbup
INVUJerry
UNO MOD!
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should see mid to low 14's if you don't screw the pooch when you launch.

What does the car need to be legal to run?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
2003se559
2003se559
2GN Registrant

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 of the requirements I don't meet however they are easy fix one is to have all lug nuts which I have broken studs need to repose them no big deal lol and the other one is must have an overflow tank for coolant I don because the turbo took it's spot lol again should be easy fix am just too lazy. So for the launch any tips advice? Oh and can I use my washer fluid botle as my née overflow tank?
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003se559 wrote:
Oh and can I use my washer fluid botle as my née overflow tank?

Yes, just be sure the hose goes to the bottom, so you don't suck air.

You really want an overflow, because I would bet you have a decent air pocket when the engine is cold. Air in the system degrades the coolant faster.

And be sure to either unplug the connector so you don't accidentally spray coolant on your windshield. It would prolly smear badly.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
2003se559
2003se559
2GN Registrant

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spray nosels are not connected so all I have to do Is drain the washer fluid tank rinse it really good drill a hole on the lid and drop in the hose that goes to the radiator? Of course and fill it up with coolant. Do I need some type of respirator on the tank?so whenever the water boils it can leak from there and the tank won't explode?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: