2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modern Performance!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LilSparkPlug
Hot Rod Angel
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #61   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's the issue. Years ago they were great...and the vendor to go to because TurboNeonStore was screwing people out of all sorts of parts. I'm only seeing an influx of complaints lately....as in the past year or so.
grambo
Former Moderator

Post: #62   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LilSparkPlug wrote:
I think that's the issue. Years ago they were great...and the vendor to go to because TurboNeonStore was screwing people out of all sorts of parts. I'm only seeing an influx of complaints lately....as in the past year or so.

Yeah, I'm way outta the Neon scene at this point.
07 - Dodge Charger SRT-8 Super Bee #0267
01' Dodge Ram 5.7 - The Mall Crawler
bone-yard-racing
Handling dork
2GN Registrant

Post: #63   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be said Cory and the shipping dept. are very generious, my clutch came with 1/2 a roll of logoed packing tape. I enjoyed wrapping up customer products with MP tape Laughing They also donated a box of 2gn FTW shirts for Carlisle this year.
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #64   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a few things from MP a year or so ago. Never had any problems.

Havent ordered anything from them recently though..

occasional demons wrote:
So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. Think
c987long
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #65   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what are some recommended sites, that we can order from.. i have monies again and i am looking into parts..

i thought there was a thread with a list but the search didn't find it

esteinmaier wrote:
We all know that an SRT4 wing is the Chuck Norris of car parts.

occasional demons wrote:

Dude, your neon is all the sex you'll ever need!
Laughing
Ntyvirus1
made of titbon
2009 Silver Contributor

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #66   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordered black houisng projectors and some naightshades a while back, nuthin bad to report.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000038

hul kogan wrote:
And from thy shadows he comes to rippeth thine buttholes. :lol

MoxHair wrote:
You should never throw parts at a car.. You'll dent the exterior.
Cbussilver01es
That token black guy
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #67   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In building building my dohc swap, I had ended up buying indy valves, Crower Valve Springs and Retainers, the blue rice plate, black projectors, walbro 255 and turboxs manual boost controller, and had 100% no problems with them and I didn't have to sign for any of the products so I have not had a bad experience with them, and I had been spending a TON of money in just building the head alone.. so my feedback for them personally is 100% positive.

Nos is a lot like a hot chick with std's you wanna hit it but are afraid of the consequences.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2311033
neonpla
Luis
2GN Registrant

Post: #68   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first .
c987long wrote:
so what are some recommended sites, that we can order from.. i have monies again and i am looking into parts..

order from modern or risk losing your money... honestly i wouldn't trust a lot of the neon vendors out there.

next.

all i read is people bitching about dumb issues, no legitimate complaints.... THEY MAKE YOU SIGN SO YOUR STUFF DOESN'T GET STOLEN! Just FYI guys... MPx fronts a lot of money to keep parts in stock so they don't have to wait for back ordered items. What other vendors do that? Not too many.

I have always ordered from MP and I <3 them... never have let me down.

never have talked down to me or not kept me updated with my items.

I have ordered well over 3k in parts over the past couple years and will continue to order from them.

take the sand out of your vagina. Realize that they have a business to run and no they might not be able to update you on every single stage of the process. Know this though, at the end of the day you will get your parts and they are quality parts.

MPx branded parts are amazing quality as well so stop bull shitting.
Passt
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #69   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my Depo tails, and Mopar/Borla exhaust from them. No issues.

I later ordered my Projector headlight housings from them. No issues.
A real McAsshole
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #70   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're a city over, so if I don't go pick it up myself in person...it's in my hands in a day or so

TheRandom1 wrote:
Adionik, you're an asshole, we all know this.
LowNSlow
2GN OG

Post: #71   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought clear corners and some other stuff (I forget) in like 04. No issues as I was local and picked em up on the spot Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MoxHair
Hugo Stiglitz
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #72   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent nearly 5 grand at MPX and I've never had a single issue, and with my luck with dealing with vendors even I find that shocking.

Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing
2017 Subaru WRX STI
racer12306
10th Grader
Junior Admin

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #73   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, we don't want to turn this into a bash the vendor thing. We have never been in favor of that.

We have a vendor feedback for a reason, when an order is received go post about it.

I'm going to merge this with the existing vendor feedback. This isn't really up for discussion, either someone has a good or a bad experience. This like the other feedback section is not a place for discussion.
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bone-yard-racing
Handling dork
2GN Registrant

Post: #74   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c987long wrote:

ahem Laughing

Oh and just about anything any other vendor can get I can as well just ask.
2gn Metalhead
2009 Platinum Contributor

2001 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #75   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had great experiences with them.

I've only had one bad experience with them that is still currently ongoing which really isn't their fault except for some missing info when i was ordering.

I ordered the front strut bar by Vibrant. on the page it never said they were on backorder. I know it's Vibrants fault cause they haven't shipped out the product to mp.
I've talked to someone there and they have offered to switch it out cause they have the black ones but i'd really like the silver ones.

I ordered the front and rear bars on June 15th 09. I'm still waiting on the front bar.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club Member #000069

Official "2gn Fuzzy Dice Club" Member #1
PhillyLS1
Abusive and Abrasive
BANNED

Post: #76   PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok FIRST. Stop blowing these guys over their shipping. Shipping has little or no bearing on the PRODUCT and CUSTOMER SERVICE there within.

This is my biggest gripe with them:
In 2006 when I got my orange SRT-4, I had barely any money. Just after I bought my SRT-4 the girl I was dating got knocked up.
I called Modern and asked if they had a military discount. This was their response:
"Our prices are low already, why would we give a military discount?"

With my silver SRT-4 I ordered a under drive pulley. It was on back order. Waited a month, they never called me. I called them, and of course the same prick fuck answers the phone. When I ask him when I'll get my pulled I PAID FOR he says "I dunno." I told him I wanted my money back. He said "OK" and hung up on me.

FUCK Modern Performance.

Official "SRT-4 parts came on SRTs for a reason" Member #0001
Official "I'm going to drive my neon until something better comes along." Member # 0001
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
non-magnum
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #77   PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast shipping great products, great fellowrs
Sean
n00b

Post: #78   PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Modern Performance Reply with quote

I ordered my timing belt/ tensioner kit, Underdrive pulley with belts from them. Arrived 3 days later.. putting on my car today. Thanks Modern.. Ill be back Smile
eastwoodsn352
20.5 PSI Club Member
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-D

Post: #79   PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since Feb I've placed 4 different orders from MPx and spent nearly $750 on parts from their website. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Always fast shipping. Always provides a tracking number. I guess the only compliant i have if any is....why cant a brother get a free modern performance sticker or something from ordering so much stuff lol.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #100-or until I get a big boy job.
My Feedback: http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=10552
g_force58
that old guy
2GN Registrant

Post: #80   PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: Modern performance Reply with quote

Modern Performance is Great! Bought a lot of stuff from them and it was always top notch. Shipping is awesome. TimDog I think I got your belts with my udp LOL. I got the belts for a non a/c car and I have air. Only time Modern made a mistake with me, but I aint mad.
Jenni
aka Legoman
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4
ICQ Status:

Post: #81   PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had some questions and got quick answers.
i placed my 800$ order and made a mistake - and they retransfered the overpaid money and changed the order immediately.
Just waiting for the parts - but there are some very special parts and shipping to Germany takes some weeks...

absolutely no problems with emailing - quick and friendly answers!

Click here to see all my modifications
for sale: UNIQUE 10.2" in dash tft screen radio bezel
bumblee
n00b

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #82   PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered from modern performance for years now. i have never had any problems with them!

<3 them!
sidepipe87
boom! roasted!
2009 Silver Contributor

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #83   PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROFL @ Philly's post.

1) knocking up a broad ---FAIL
and
2) being poor as a resort
3) asking for special treatment ---DOUCHEBAG
4) generally thinking you're entitled to lower prices because of 1 and 2.

As for MP, they're not so bad.
tytheneonguy
2GN Registrant

Post: #84   PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love modern performance they are knowledgeable & very friendly the only discrepancy I have is when I ordered my 60mm throttle body the salesman did not suggest the I.a.c. adapter... oh well nothing a tap & die couldn't handle works great with my c.a.I. & sounds Turbo like Very Happy
02 atx Neon: K&N Typhoon CAI, MPX 60mm tb, MSD wires, Pulstar plugs, 14" American Racing "Estrella" wheels, Powerslot Rotors, Hawk hps pads, Unortodox U.D.P. Gates Racing timing belt, Prothane Race m.m. inserts W.T.B. A604/41TE torque converter
Jerome Adams
amateur hoon
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #85   PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always tryto buy from modern first. Over the past 6 years I have ordered Vibrant muffler, UDP, 60mm TB, Rota Slipstreams, BC coilovers, Hotchkis sway bar set, boogers x2, hurst sts, headgasket set, prothane master bushing kit, and most recently Corbeau FX1 with custom slider. So at least $3000 and nothing but good things to say about them. I love that they are still supporting the neon community.

'03 SXT...DODGE NEON CONES

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #067
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Vendor Feedback All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: