CEL CODE P 0456

Is your car throwing codes or are you having a hard time passing your state or county emission test? Ask how to fix it here.
synviper
2GN Member

CEL CODE P 0456

Post by synviper » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:50 pm

Looks like something in my evap system went wrong again. From what i researched it either is a faulty gas cap or something wrong with the evap system.

When i first got the car i had to take it into the dealership for an issue with the evap system (code p 0440). Im wondering if it could be the same gremlin again.

If anyone has dealt with this and fixed it please lmk what you did.

Thanks in advanced.
ImageImage
Hi my name is Jake and im not smarter than a fifth grader :thumbup:.
Phone Booth Member: 002

g_force58
2GN Member

cel code 0440

Post by g_force58 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:01 am

I get this code sometimes on my 2000 ES< mostly when the tank is 1/4 full or less. There was a how to somewhere on here about how to fix it. You need a hose that goes from the ldp to the tank to fix it iirc. the hose is obsolete and you can get a pt cruiser pvc hose as a replacement, again if I can recall correctly. Maybe someone else will chime in with better info. I think it was occasional demons who posted the info. Best of luck with this. Try searching the how to's. he had good info with pics and the part # for the hose.
To Conquer or to Die

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:35 pm

Ask Dante!

viewtopic.php?t=28793&highlight=evap+leak

I stickied the link so it is simpler to find. :thumbup:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

synviper
2GN Member

Post by synviper » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Thank you both for the response, ill get to fixing it this weekend.

I can always count on 2gn for the best help on neons. The true OGs of neons lol.

As for right now i just cleared my pcm with my diablosport, no code has comeback yet but i want to max sure its fixed so i dont have to deal with it in the future.
ImageImage
Hi my name is Jake and im not smarter than a fifth grader :thumbup:.
Phone Booth Member: 002

Return to “Emissions”