2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harness reduction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OhNoA2.0
Bass Mechanic
2GN Registrant

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Harness reduction Reply with quote

I'm looking to make a custom engine bay harness for my boosted 02 R/T, run on MS2 . I want to clean up the engine bay and the wiring mess seems to be a good place to start.

What all can I remove without throwing a CEL? I still have to pass inspection which is already going to suck trying to get around with MS and all. I just want to simplify it.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000094
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the only thing not vital to engine management, would be the purge flow control solenoid under the brake booster. And it will give you a CEL.

There just isn't much that is not needed to run the engine - emissions wise under the hood. A 1gn would be another matter, but they really cleaned things up for the 2gn's in that aspect.

Most of it is in the rear of the car.

Technically, the entire engine management system is emissions equipment.

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Emissions All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: