2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SRT-4 Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Brakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FTWNeon
Painter's Tape FTW
Former Moderator

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: SRT-4 Stainless Steel Brake Lines Reply with quote

Well I finally have the answer for the big question.

Will SRT-4 Stainless steel brake lines work on a normal 2gn?

The answer is yes. They will work on a normal 2gn. I got a set from a friend and I installed them this weekend and the car still stops! Now the brackets are alittle bit different and don't line up quite the same but everything still bolts up.

Last edited by FTWNeon on Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Diablo0
Bird is the word
2GN.org Owner/Admin

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to assume like I said before, they're just a little loose where the block or whatever you want to call it that bolts to the caliper can turn a little bit as it's a little bit smaller. Would that be correct?

^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FTWNeon
Painter's Tape FTW
Former Moderator

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like that. They don't quite fit into the little stops to line them up, but as long as you tighten down the banjo bolt they're not gonna move at all. Something else, on the 2gn rears, the stock line doesn't have a rectangular block, it has a weird circle witha flat side, but the srt's still work.
Diablo0
Bird is the word
2GN.org Owner/Admin

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah since the SRT rear calipers are the same as the R/T and ACR rears.

Notice any big differences in feel?

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FTWNeon
Painter's Tape FTW
Former Moderator

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little bit better pedal feel, and with the hawk pads I'm running and I can easily lock up the wheels and make the ABS go completly retarted. It's just saying "I don't know what to do!?! What's going on?! I need an adult!"
03neonRT
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so I'm about to do the front SRT brake swap and I have Technafit SS brake lines front and rear, how do you install them?
Diablo0
Bird is the word
2GN.org Owner/Admin

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unbolt the stockers, bolt in the replacements then bleed the brakes. Pretty simple...

03neonRT
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that is simple...thanks man!
c987long
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread just save me tons of research.. i love the search

esteinmaier wrote:
We all know that an SRT4 wing is the Chuck Norris of car parts.

occasional demons wrote:

Dude, your neon is all the sex you'll ever need!
Laughing
Swordfish2Cowboy
Wheeeeee!
2009 Silver Contributor

2003 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c987long wrote:
this thread just save me tons of research.. i love the search

lol it's a sticky.

mopar Run Away
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
2001ACR
n00b

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

03neonRT wrote:
Ok, so I'm about to do the front SRT brake swap and I have Technafit SS brake lines front and rear, how do you install them?

Humm....just checked the Technafit web site and they have two SS brake line offerings, neither of which includes non-SRT 2Gens:

1994-99 NEON - REAR DISC 4 NEON-1100 $115.00
2002 SRT-4 DOD-1500 $125.00

Anyone know if the 1994-99 rear disks are the same as 2Gens?
OB
Rough Rider

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I know the knuckles/brakes are different for sure, but the brake lines, I have no clue if they are interchangeable.

| Donate to 2gn | Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

mrgto68
2GN Registrant

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Braided Steel Brake Lines for 2gn R/T & ACR Reply with quote

Funny thing is that I called Russell about this very issue today. They already make the parts necessary to offer a kit for the 2gn R/T & ACR (4-wheel disc). All they need to do is to take the rear lines from the SRT kit (#694310) and the front lines from the 00-05 Disc/Drum kit (#694320). I suggested this and even tried to by the hoses individually but they will not sell individual ones, only the kits. If anyone knows a good contact at Russell I would be interested in hearing about it. I am going to need these lines for my 02 ACR racecar now that the SCCA Club Racing board has approved the use of braided steel lines in Showroom Stock.

http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=44701
jasonboes
Fresh Fish

Post: #14   PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Brake Lines Reply with quote

In case anybody wants them I make exact fit stainless brake lines for any Neon that are D.O.T. Legal. If the forum owner would like to contact me I would be happy to work out something with them. I am posting this but hope not to step on any toes.
BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!
2009 Platinum Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=19915

I'm sure that once the proper info is submitted, there would be some people interested. I myself may be interested as I will be rebuilding a SRT4 that will need brake lines
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Brakes All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: