Things that I see during work- a continuing thread

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
contagious18
2010 Silver Contributor

Post by contagious18 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:03 am

haha urinal, we had cases where customers have smeared shit all over the bathroom walls
quick poll from kmart
which bathroom is the dirties males or females?
Antagonist crew| Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000031
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2569968
http://contagious209.mybrute.com

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by SOKADAO954 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:58 am

contagious18 wrote:haha urinal, we had cases where customers have smeared shit all over the bathroom walls
quick poll from kmart
which bathroom is the dirties males or females?
i would say male's... guys tend to pee on floors and use permanent marker's to write on the walls "Here I sit Broken hearted Tried to shit But only farted."

And u work for k-mart?????
i figure more like lawn service company... :lol:

sorry my latino side made me...... :rofl:

frinday before i got off work i had Dan Marino walk in and got himself a LX570 saless man who helped him got a $500 tip.
i wish i had sold him that car.
|Danny|
06 VW Jetta 2.5 MTX - 4 Doors fit more whores.

"In search of the perfect beat. I found my soul"

contagious18
2010 Silver Contributor

Post by contagious18 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:30 pm

womens bathroom is the worst all the time.
Antagonist crew| Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000031
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2569968
http://contagious209.mybrute.com

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by SOKADAO954 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:41 pm

contagious18 wrote:womens bathroom is the worst all the time.
i wonder why...... :-k
|Danny|

Paul56
2GN Member

Post by Paul56 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:38 pm

Man... all this talk about dumps in urinals and crap on washroom walls brings back memories. :rofl:

When I was driving semi I used to see disgusting washroom facilities on a regular basis... to the point where nothing surprised me.
2011 Honda Fit Sport

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by SOKADAO954 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:46 pm

Paul56 wrote:Man... all this talk about dumps in urinals and crap on washroom walls brings back memories. :rofl:

When I was in jail, i used to see disgusting washroom facilities on a regular basis... to the point where nothing surprised me.
edit: :rofl:

gramps got some good ol story's!!! :thumbup:
|Danny|

Paul56
2GN Member

Post by Paul56 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:07 am

SOKADAO954 wrote:
Paul56 wrote:Man... all this talk about dumps in urinals and crap on washroom walls brings back memories. :rofl:

When I was in jail, i used to see disgusting washroom facilities on a regular basis... to the point where nothing surprised me.
edit: :rofl:

gramps got some good ol story's!!! :thumbup:
Yeah, "in jail" and "driving semi across country" are interchangable.

They tell all the new drivers that one of the perks is getting to see the country.... suuure... from behind a bug covered windshield rolling down the interstate.
2011 Honda Fit Sport

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:32 am

^^Yeah, in some ways, I'm glad that I got a class B instead of a class A license. Even if I did get tempted to do long-haul, I can't due to the license issue. :D
Official "I'm Going To Drive My Neon 'til It Dies" Club #10

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by SOKADAO954 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:51 pm

im not going to lie. i realy like the idea of long haul, i have all ways like the trucks with lights nice paint etc.

New Daimler Freightliner protype to help fuel economy.

hmmm i love the volvos.
|Danny|

Wenuden
2GN Member

Post by Wenuden » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:59 pm

contagious18 wrote:womens bathroom is the worst all the time.
ALWAYS. nasty .....es

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:48 am

Spotted a dangerous 2000 or 2001 silver Neon in the ER parking lot of a hospital on my route tonight. The front passenger-side was sporting a temporary spare. The three other wheels had snowflakes with just one lug nut for each wheel. :shock: The "Neon of Death" for sure. :runaway:

OB
Former Moderator

Post by OB » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:09 pm

So yesterday I was out on a road call (I'm a semi truck/trailer mechanic for those of you who don't know). After finishing the work I was doing on a customer tractor, I jumped into my service truck and was working on paperwork, when I heard a loud thud. I looked up and on the other side of the freeway I was parked along I saw a huge couch come off a pickup. This is on I-80 around 8:45PM (aka just after rush hour). Within ten seconds cars were smoking brakes, swerving, and even losing control trying to avoid the couch in the middle lane. An unlucky VW beetle driver went into a four wheel drift after over-correcting and barely missing the couch. They slid for 40=50 feet at full speed before being t-boned by a Ford Explorer and were sent spinning off the road. Several more cars had near-accidents, but the road was cleared before anyone else could crash fortunately.

Very scary. :shock:
-Derek

|Donate to 2gn|Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

doyle09
2GN Member

Post by doyle09 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:20 pm

i mow lawns in three very small towns, one of which has a nude beach on the river. I had two girls come up to me, one was hot, the other was fat. they asked me how to get there. i told them i don't know the road names but after work they could follow me there. they gave me a weird ass look and drove away. it was great

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000084

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:28 am

:laughing3:

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Wed May 05, 2010 10:52 pm

doyle09 wrote:i mow lawns in three very small towns, one of which has a nude beach on the river. I had two girls come up to me, one was hot, the other was fat. they asked me how to get there. i told them i don't know the road names but after work they could follow me there. they gave me a weird ass look and drove away. it was great
where in WI do they have that beach? i think i need a short trip

doyle09
2GN Member

Post by doyle09 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:56 pm

mazomanie. most of the time its old people, but if its a nice weekend, theres some groups of collage age people every once in a while

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000084

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:47 am

I was on the last leg of my route last night (around 11:50 p.m.) and got stuck behind a U-Haul Ford E-Series van in a 30 MPH city zone on SR 32 West in Westfield, IN. There wasn't anyone ahead of him but he kept alternating between 20-25 MPH (speeding up and then slowing down) for no apparent reason. I already had over 200 miles logged for the day (clocked in at 3:15 p.m.) so my patience was definitely wearing thin. Suddenly, he just stopped in the middle of the street, rolled down his window and gave me the one-finger salute. I took this as my cue to pass him (on a double yellow :shock: ). About a block down the street, I got into the left turn lane for US 31 South and waited for the light. There was a Ford Windstar van stopped ahead of me and, when the turn arrow flashed, he too started driving about 20-25 MPH so I had to pass him on the right through the intersection. I now think that the two vehicles were caravaning and that the E-Series driver used a cell phone to call the Windstar driver about my being behind him. I really have a hard time understanding people who are so illogical. :banghead:

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:18 pm

A missed photo op in traffic the other day- a Toyota Echo with a racing stripe and a "park bench" wing. :roll:

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Midnight_Rider wrote:A missed photo op in traffic the other day- a Toyota Echo with a racing stripe and a "park bench" wing. :roll:
dude, that thing would have blown the doors off your SRT!!!

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:18 pm

I saw a GMC Sierra pickup with a MOPAR box in the bed, and VW and Audi logos on the tailgate. Confused, much?
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:51 am

Hudson_Neon wrote:
Midnight_Rider wrote:A missed photo op in traffic the other day- a Toyota Echo with a racing stripe and a "park bench" wing. :roll:
dude, that thing would have blown the doors off your SRT!!!
Yeah, good thing that I was driving the company Subaru at the time. :rofl:
TheRandom1 wrote:I saw a GMC Sierra pickup with a MOPAR box in the bed, and VW and Audi logos on the tailgate. Confused, much?
All it needed was some plastic slap-on "Buick portholes" and it would have been good to go. :tardbang:

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:28 am

It may have had those but I was behind it so I couldn't tell. All of that stuff was just on the tailgate alone.
Danteneon wrote:You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:57 am

Long story...I was northbound on I-65 Tuesday afternoon, just south of Lebanon, IN. The interstate was recently widened to three lanes between the 130 and 138 mile markers. I was in the middle (soon to be passing) lane, just before the 138 MM exit. I-65 curves slightly to the left after the inside lane ends and there is an overpass with an on ramp right ahead so, unless you can see through solid objects, it pays to stay in what has become the passing lane. I was doing 70 (the posted speed limit) and came right up on the rear of a white Impala with an Illinois plate doing about 62. He didn't speed up or merge so I flashed my lights to pass. He remained at 62 but turned on hidden red and blues (the lower part of the backlight and in the taillights)! There wasn't anyone ahead of him or in the outside lane so I think that he did it just to show me that he could. I went ahead and merged into the outside lane and continued on. I watched in my rear view mirror and he merged about a minute after I passed him. What an idiot. :cussing:

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:51 am

I had a burst of nostalgia today when I saw a red Omni GLH parked at a service station (you youngsters may not know what a service station is- no convenience store items but you can buy gas and get your car worked on plus this one has attendants to pump your gas if you like! :shock: ).

Unfortunately, this car had:
1. Duct tape holding on parts of the front bumper;
2. Duct tape around some of the door frames (there was a Post-It note on the dash about water leaking in);
3. Cancerious Honditus ("Honda cancer") on the fender lip between the driver's side rear wheel and the rear door.

It still had the "pizza pie" wheels though. I was told that the guy who owns it uses it for his DD and that he has two other GLH's :shock: , one of which is pristine.

I would still :rockon: a GLH to this day.

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:52 am

I had two instances today of drivers purposely trying to cause an accident with my work vehicle, both in the same place but at different times. I-465 on the east side of Indianapolis has a construction zone between mile markers 44 and 42 with a posted speed of 45 MPH. Right after the on ramps from I-70, the northbound lanes of 465 shift twice. The State Police do show up for ticketing now and then so it isn't a good place to exceed the posted limit (fines are much higher in a construction zone). I always obey posted limits anyway (well, unless I get a wild hair while driving my SRT :twisted: ).

Incident 1: around 2:30 p.m., a large SUV was tailgating me so closely that I couldn't see the vehicle's hood so, without changing my speed, I tapped the brakes just so the brake lights would come on. The driver sped up and went around me on the left (just slightly over the dotted lines in my lane and very close to my car :shock: ), waited until he was at my A-pillar and swerved at my car! He quickly swerved back into his lane and then immediately merged in front of me so I had to hit my brakes to avoid a collision. He's lucky that he didn't lose control of the SUV by doing two swerves that quickly- it was almost like he was doing autocross around cones!

Incident 2: around 8:50 p.m., a Ford Five Hundred tailgated me, turned on his brights, left them on and continued behind me right on my ***. There were two open lanes to our left and one to our right so I motioned for him to go around me (the far right lane is actually an off-ramp for Exit 42 so technically I was in the outside lane, i.e. THE SLOW LANE). Same thing as the first driver- drove around me on the left while actually inside of my lane (about two inches from my door!), swerved at my A-pillar, swerved back, sped up and then immediately cut in front of me so quickly that I had to brake hard to avoid hitting him. Mind you, both times the other THREE lanes around us had NO TRAFFIC so these idiots could have safely (and legally!) passed me using the two lanes to the left without any problems.

Well, I had had enough. I sped up after the construction zone, caught up with the Five Hundred, got his license plate number and called 911. Gave a statement to the State Police, hung up, merged to the driver's left, rolled down the passenger window and told him that I had called 911. He was taking the next exit so I didn't have to deal with him anymore, thank God.

The next person that tells me that my job is easy since all I do is "drive around," I'm going to :slap: him.

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:12 pm

But... your job is so easy. All you do is drive around! :rofl:

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:32 pm

I love you too Sean. :rofl:

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Well, it sounded like you had a trying evening, I figure the least I could do is make you laugh a little!

Midnight_Rider
Spam Avenger!

Post by Midnight_Rider » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:36 pm

^^And I appreciate it. What kills me is that these idiots have the road and can easily pass me so why slow down to take the time to almost kill me (and themselves) by such stupid, dangerous antics? Totally illogical. :tardbang:

TheRandom1
2GN Veteran

Post by TheRandom1 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Perhaps they think like the ancient Chinese (or Japanese... someone with slanty eyes) and believe that after a certain age a person is useless and should be "put to pasture"?

Return to “Off-Topic”