2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things that I see during work- a continuing thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #181   PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a red '02 Neon in Rensselaer, IN with a female driver. It has an SRT-4 wing on it and a Chrysler grille. It also has "NITRO" badges on the front doors where the '01 Neons had their Dodge ones.
FormerlyREDRT_98
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #182   PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many stories I could share
1998 Dodge Neon R/T coupe, Flame Red - Neon #6
2001 Dodge Neon ES, Patriot Blue - Neon #5
Gone:
1999 Dodge Neon Sport sedan, Black - Neon #4
1995 Dodge Neon Highline sedan, Brilliant Blue - Neon #3
1998 Dodge Neon R/T coupe, Flame Red - Neon #2
1997 Dodge Neon Highline sedan, Brilliant Blue - Neon #1
Midnight_Rider

Post: #183   PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight I was near MM 52 on eastbound I-74 (near the Jamestown, IN exit), in the passing lane behind a semi that was passing another semi. I was going 65 MPH (the posted truck speed limit) as was the semi ahead of me and we were making progress on passing the semi in the outside lane. A Salsa Red '00 or '01 Neon zoomed up on my bumper and tailgated me. After a few minutes, he moved to the left and went over the median rumble strips to flash his brights at the semi driver ahead of me Rolling Eyes . The driver ahead of me merged and I sped up to 70 (the posted speed limit) and passed him. As I was watching my rear view mirror to see both headlights of the semi so that I could safely merge, the Neon driver got even closer to my rear so I tapped my brakes. He just about went into the median (proving that he was following me too closely Laughing ). I quickly merged and the passenger put his arm out and flipped me off. After the car merged in front of me, the driver put his arm out and flipped me off. The car had an In God We Trust Indiana license plate.
dvon17
"Dj"
2GN Registrant

2000 Dodge Neon Highline

Post: #184   PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have been

"In Idiocy We Trust!"

I love brake checking idiots.

"Cause even though you left me here, I have nothing left to fear. These are only walls that hold me here..."
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #185   PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my failing piston rings.

Now all I have to do is down shift, foot off the throttle, and hammer it to leave a nice smelly cloud that is very effective for removing idiots from my bumper. Twisted Evil

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
r/tguy02
I piss excellence
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #186   PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

laughing3

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823
Midnight_Rider

Post: #187   PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

occasional demons wrote:
I love my failing piston rings.

Now all I have to do is down shift, foot off the throttle, and hammer it to leave a nice smelly cloud that is very effective for removing idiots from my bumper. Twisted Evil

That is hysterical! I would have left him in my dust had I been in the SRT but I have to watch it when I'm in the company Jeep with my employer's logo clearly displayed on it. Rolling Eyes
Midnight_Rider

Post: #188   PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a debadged Kia in Flora, IN this afternoon. Not sure which model but all of the Kia badges had been replaced with Ferrari ones. Rolling Eyes
thomas_w
2GN Registrant

Post: #189   PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Saw a debadged Kia in Flora, IN this afternoon. Not sure which model but all of the Kia badges had been replaced with Ferrari ones. Rolling Eyes

That is pretty pathetic. Can't be more ricer I guess. I never understood people putting Ferrari badges or stickers on other brands...
theColonel
Older 'n Dirt
2011 Silver Contributor

Post: #190   PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thomas_w wrote:
Midnight_Rider wrote:

That is pretty pathetic. Can't be more ricer I guess. I never understood people putting Ferrari badges or stickers on other brands...

"Back in the day" I put Porsche badges on my 1980 Plymouth Champ ROFL ROFL ROFL

1952 Chevrolet Stylene Sport Coupe
2005 Dodge SRT-4
NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post: #191   PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theColonel wrote:
thomas_w wrote:
Midnight_Rider wrote:

"Back in the day" I put Porsche badges on my 1980 Plymouth Champ ROFL ROFL ROFL

I take it that the owner of the Kia, has a sense of humor. Smile

I have deliberately mixed up Dodge and Plymouth badging on one of my Neons, for the same reason. Smile
I think that ONLY a Neonite would 'get it'. Laughing

I like the idea of putting Porsche badges on a Ply. Champ clown thumbup

- Nick
-2001 Ddg. ES with ATX = UDP and Magnum header...Syked PCM 'pending'.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Midnight_Rider

Post: #192   PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went through three hailstorms today, light flooding and then managed to pull a groin muscle while moving a large tree limb that was blocking the road. cussing
thomas_w
2GN Registrant

Post: #193   PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the weather was pretty bad in some spots yesterday. Hope you are recovering from pulling that muscle.
Midnight_Rider

Post: #194   PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Just wish that it wasn't in that particular area- a little embarrassing when people ask, "What's wrong?" as I'm limping around. Laughing
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #195   PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell them you had a hot young date. Very Happy

1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Midnight_Rider

Post: #196   PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

occasional demons wrote:
Tell them you had a hot young date. Very Happy

Leave it to you to put a positive spin on it. ROFL
gtxtreme19
Pizza Guy
2010 Silver Contributor

2000 Dodge Neon ES
ICQ Status:

Post: #197   PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, he probably had to put a positive spin on the same problem last week, he's getting older too.

Midnight_Rider wrote:
Skitlz wrote:
Gramps, get a GPS.

Gramps Prefers Streetmaps. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #198   PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tongue2

1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
Midnight_Rider

Post: #199   PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to a 24/7 occupational health location per Workmen's Comp a few minutes ago only to find the facility locked (this was after driving 40 minutes one way to get there). My left leg has a very large purple bruise that continues to grow and the "Ask A Nurse" at my employer is concerned since I am diabetic. bandhead
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #200   PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes!

I wouldn't wait too long if you can't get to an "On the Clock" care facility.

Best wishes for you David.

1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
thomas_w
2GN Registrant

Post: #201   PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much for 24/7. But I agree with Bill. Better get it checked out. Get well!
Midnight_Rider

Post: #202   PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leg is much better now. Had a huge bruise from my groin to my knee at one time though- not pretty.

Wonderful day at work today. Rolling Eyes Lost two hours sitting in traffic on northbound I-65 just south of Exit 172 (Lafayette, IN). The a/c decided to die during this time. Finally made the IN-26 exit so I bailed to get gas. A storm hit just as I was pulling into the Speedway so I got wet even though I was under the canopy. Detoured through Lafayette since traffic on 65 was still backed up- drove through standing water on Sagamore Parkway and then the weather sirens went off. A tornado was spotted where I had just been about 20 minutes earlier. Later on, eastern Crawfordsville, IN was without power and I had to drive through a few inches of standing water on US 136. Glad to be home.
DylWrightSRT
boost enthusiast
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #203   PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a midnight blue 2014 Taurus SHO beside my Subaru legacy, and I see around 100 rail cars, and a bunch of chemicals.

And gramps, at least you made it home safely! thumbup
Midnight_Rider

Post: #204   PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/pA7BASFqXIw

No, this isn't from my dash cam but I've had idiots like this pass me on both the median and the shoulder while I'm driving for work. Yes, the pickup truck driver should have completed his pass and merged in front of the semi faster but I can understand why he was ticked with the driver of the Camaro for trying to cut in front of him at the beginning of the clip. Too bad that the Camaro ended up getting an innocent semi driver involved by stupidly passing in the median.
thomas_w
2GN Registrant

Post: #205   PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that was a pretty dumb move. The pickup driver was probably ticked off by being tailgaited like that and took some extra time. But then passing like that is really especially stupid.
Midnight_Rider

Post: #206   PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was behind a Cobalt sedan in Lafayette, IN last week and enjoyed the two bumperstickers it was sporting:

Watch out for the idiot behind me

If you can read this I can hit my brakes and sue you

Not good grammar but hilarious nonetheless. Laughing
SteelBlue
Lurker
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #207   PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the first one, too many idiots on the road right now that the weather is getting nicer here.

Crystal
02 Neon - SteelBlue, 08 Caliber SRT - Inferno Red, 08 Caliber SRT - Brilliant Black
Midnight_Rider

Post: #208   PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I-65 northbound today, just south of the IN-28 exit. Construction has been going on for over a month and both lanes jog to the right. There have been temporary concrete barriers along the median- these have been removed but there is still a solid yellow line on the left of the inside lane and signs stating to stay in the lane during the jog. After passing vehicles, I was in the left lane at 70 MPH when the jog came up. I obeyed the signs and kept left. A white Bentley convertible came up behind me and passed me on the left in the median. Just when I thought that I had seen everything... Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: