2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modernperformance unsecured site?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilly02le
5 Speed Swapped
2GN Registrant

2002 Chrysler Neon LE

Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Modernperformance unsecured site? Reply with quote

Has anyone else noticed how many people left reviews saying they had their Credit Card info jacked/identity stolen on modernperformance.com... Are these legit claims i'm wondering? its a great site, but i would hate to think they are that sloppy with their security...
Mr Josh Zombie
Official Neon EMT
2010 Platinum Contributor

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't even hears about this... link?
Moved: Thu May 15, 2008 11:45 am by Danteneon
From General 2nd Gen Discussion to Off-Topic
ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Well that makes sense. My debit card was hijacked last week. In the last 2 monthes, Modern was one of the 4 places I used my card in the last 2 months. Where are you finding these other reviews?

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
theTeejmiester
just call me TJ
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm i want to know this one for sure,i do alot of buisness with modern.now i am paraniod
J-Villa
E3E
2GN Registrant

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haven't done any transactions in about 3 years with them...hopefully i'm safe heh
Official I sold my Neon Member #004
hansken_yo
Your YO Man
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their online is separate from any transactions done over the phone. So that is a bonus if your like me and look on line and call to place an order

| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Quote:
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.
dgodard
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon R/T
ICQ Status:

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done 4 online orders and still 0 problems with credit card Smile, lucky me?

2003 NEON R/T Bright Silver
Iceman CAI, Clear corners, Booger bushings, Prothane MMI, Mpx UDP, Tokico Blue, MSD coil & wires,

RIP
2001 NEON SE
hul kogan
i heart my neons.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they are running the transaction section of their site on a SSL. but, that doesn't mean hackers couldn't still get to the information.

Proud member of CYL [www.caughtyalookin.com]
2003silverneonsxt
NEONLESS!!!
2GN Registrant

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine was jacked when i did my fog light order last week,, i contacted corey bout it, and he insured me that they didnt get if from there site..

he said the clear there CC numbers everyday, they are dont on a separate secure server, and some other stuff...

but its funny that this cameup..considering i ordered fog lights, lst monday and my car stuff was stolen on thursday!
Haganracing
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I order stuff from them about 3-4 times a year and dont have any problems.

Thats weird.
-chris

occasional demons wrote:
So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. Think
kevo
Get Your Own Avatar!
2GN Registrant

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not surprised if they are true. All of those carts are brutally insecure. phpnuke (and similar portals), zen cart, cube cart (and similar carts) are some of the most vulnerable scripts on the internet today. Message board scripts like phpbb are in a solid third place.

Me and a friend ran a test on a similar cart a few weeks ago. We were able to use one of many XSS (Cross site scripting) exploits. We set our trap and once the admin of the cart logged in, we had direct access to their mysql database. Names, addresses, credit card numbers etc. We had access everything.

If we were malicious douchebags we really could have cleaned house with this info. We could have charged a million things on those cards, sold the personal information such as name, address, age, what they bought to spammers. Not to mention having the ability to ruin the business owners reputation. These scripts are not worth the hassle.
gilly02le
5 Speed Swapped
2GN Registrant

2002 Chrysler Neon LE

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out what i was looking up, when i saw, one bad review, i think it was on a agp wastegate, and another on the projector headlights, one of the two items i was looking at, two different people said they had their info stolen... if i can find these reviews, ill post em up.. either way, makes me glad i order over the phone with them...
jT
2GN Registrant

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for an extra level of security for online purchases you could always set up paypal on your card, then use paypal's virtual debit card for a one time use number.
yellowpatrol
user
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I never saw any reviews like that on the site, but I too have had my CC number stolen once, not long after one of my past orders with them. I buy a ton of stuff with them. I'm thinking I may just do over the phone from now on!

Adionik wrote:
On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.
kevo
Get Your Own Avatar!
2GN Registrant

Post: #15   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jT wrote:
for an extra level of security for online purchases you could always set up paypal on your card, then use paypal's virtual debit card for a one time use number.

This doesn't help much either. You are bound by payal's Fraud Policies which more often than not, are not in your favor. It will help prevent any further money being pulled from your account but you will still be at a loss.

yellowpatrol wrote:
Hmm, I never saw any reviews like that on the site, but I too have had my CC number stolen once, not long after one of my past orders with them. I buy a ton of stuff with them. I'm thinking I may just do over the phone from now on!

If modern knows about this, they must be pretty stupid to keep that cart online. They should hire someone to help beef up security.
Diablo0
Bird is the word
2GN.org Owner/Admin

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #16   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting... because I also purchased some things from them back in January and a month or so later my bank's fraud dept called me to say they had some suspecious charges to my card. Turns out it wasn't me, it was someone else so they took the charges off without question and reissued me a new card.

Guess I'll be calling from now on...

^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
asanti
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #17   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn this is VERY interesting because I'm in the same boat. Ordered through their cart a few months ago and I found several charges to my account for different "websites" popping up 2-3 times a day soon after that. I have been trying to figure out where the hell someone got my info from but this does lead to a very possible explanation... I'll have to let my bank's investigators know about this.

Later
Allex

Mat00ES wrote:
Find me a buyer and I'll sell some body parts for car parts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger   Yahoo Messenger
yellowpatrol
user
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #18   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn this is crazy! My charges were from CCBILL.COM, which after a quick google search is a known fraud site.

Adionik wrote:
On a 100% stock SRT engine i've seen detonation on 93 octane, I know what i'm talking about.
gilly02le
5 Speed Swapped
2GN Registrant

2002 Chrysler Neon LE

Post: #19   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man am i ever glad i brought this up. Seems like a lot of ppl have been effected.
Either way, at first i thought maybe it was competing business' slandering their site, to hurt thier sales, but now that i hear a lot of you have had problems, There is no doubt in my mind thier site sucks as far as security goes.
Diablo0
Bird is the word
2GN.org Owner/Admin

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #20   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happen to have a link to the other discussions with people saying they may have been affected? I say 'may' because it's not proven this is the source so it's not fair to say Modern is the culprit when it could be something else.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kevo
Get Your Own Avatar!
2GN Registrant

Post: #21   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess this increases the suspicions then. I wonder if they know this crap is going on?

They should really have someone look over their setup.
asanti
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #22   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
yellowpatrol Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:40 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn this is crazy! My charges were from CCBILL.COM, which after a quick google search is a known fraud site.

There's F'in proof right there! cussing . These are the people that are running $29.99, $9.98 charges on my bank card (thank GOD I got it replaced!! The charges are coming from CCBILL.COM, easynews.com, and eubill.com (IIRC on the 3rd name). If you call the number they provide you with they'll just say that they're a "warehouse for 20,000 websites" and that they NEED your credit/bank info to tell you which website you're being charged for. F'in losers. cussing

Later
Allex

Mat00ES wrote:
Find me a buyer and I'll sell some body parts for car parts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger   Yahoo Messenger
2003silverneonsxt
NEONLESS!!!
2GN Registrant

Post: #23   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha u guys got lucky..mine charge was for 787.17$ to some mexican place!
Diablo0
Bird is the word
2GN.org Owner/Admin

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #24   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asanti wrote:
Quote:
yellowpatrol Posted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:40 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's F'in proof right there! cussing . These are the people that are running $29.99, $9.98 charges on my bank card (thank GOD I got it replaced!! The charges are coming from CCBILL.COM, easynews.com, and eubill.com (IIRC on the 3rd name). If you call the number they provide you with they'll just say that they're a "warehouse for 20,000 websites" and that they NEED your credit/bank info to tell you which website you're being charged for. F'in losers. cussing

Later
Allex

They handle the billing for a lot of pr0n sites so they're telling the truth. Laughing

gilly02le
5 Speed Swapped
2GN Registrant

2002 Chrysler Neon LE

Post: #25   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they have edited them out, because i can't find the reviews mentioning fraud, For that matter, i can't find Even one bad review on there site now.. which makes me think they probably just deleted those reviews....
damn it, now i look like a liar...Sad , but its all good i have no reason to bring this up if i hadn't seen them on there site, since personally i've had no problems whatsoever with thier service.
ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #26   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read them as well. I'm a little weired out that they deleted so many reviews about that. I think it would be a sour move for them not to take action about this.

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
yellowpatrol
user
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #27   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, and even not on the topic of fraud and ID theft, they deleted my review on the SRT 3" O2 housing. I gave it a poor review for not coming with the bolts, and because MP wouldn't respond to my e-mails or return my call concerning that.

Adionik wrote:
gilly02le
5 Speed Swapped
2GN Registrant

2002 Chrysler Neon LE

Post: #28   PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so they do delete negitive feedback, hmm, glad to see iim not crazy, since one day they had quite a few negitive's, the next, they have None.
jrumann59
GDB264 Back hurts
2009 Platinum Contributor

1998 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #29   PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCBill.com is most commonly used by pr0n sites, just FYI, also a lot of the info is stolen for online MMORPG sites.

Remind him of two things for the mustang:
Slow in=Fast out
Fast in=Ambulance out

J-Villa
E3E
2GN Registrant

Post: #30   PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilly02le wrote:
so they do delete negitive feedback, hmm, glad to see iim not crazy, since one day they had quite a few negitive's, the next, they have None.

That actually bothers me. I love modern, but that isn't right. I understand from their perspective, that it may hurt business. But i like reading reviews before i buy something. If there is enough negative reviews they should stop selling that product.
Official I sold my Neon Member #004
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Vendor Feedback All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: