EBC Red Pads

Did you buy a part and think it was awesome, or did you think it was a piece of crap? Let everyone know here so we know not to buy the same product.
ragek23
2GN Member

EBC Red Pads

Post by ragek23 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:34 pm

I thought i would try some ceramic pads that were made for slotted rotors this time around as I paired the pads with some power slot rotors.

The EBC Red pads come powder coated red so if you have red calipers it looks great!

At the initial break in there is a little bit of a smell because the pads have special bedding material. Because the pads are race worthy they are a little touchy but they damn sure can stop those wheels quick! If you don't have ABS watch out you can lock up the tires pretty easily. Going down steep hills i have never had any issues just using my brakes and not engine braking also. The brakes are a little noisy when cold but they quiet down after they warm up a little.

All in all id give these pads an 8out of 10. 1 point because they cost $72 for a set of front pads and there are many cheaper alternatives. The other point is because they are a bit squeaky but if you prefer performance over comfort that point doesn't count.

so all in all I would probable buy these pads again and I recomend them to any serious autoxer or someone who wants the best in brakes.

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:15 am

I got the green instead, they grab very well also. Better than the Raybestos ceramics on my Jeep. (But then the brakes on the XJ suck no matter what I've put on it) The green pads do leave dust on the wheels tho. Good excuse to wash the car... :roll:
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

tanetal
2GN Member

pads

Post by tanetal » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Im running yellowstuffs on my DD and I love em
2001 R/T 10K+ and its still a neon

ragek23
2GN Member

Post by ragek23 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:59 pm

after some time driving them i did notice the ceramics are leaving dust on my wheels, a little less than the duralast semi metalic pads but the stopping power that i get from them is just so worth it.

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

snarp98
Fresh Fish

EBC Red Pads

Post by snarp98 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:24 pm

Hate to revive an old thread, but I'm curious what P/N is supposed to be ordered for EBC Red Pads on a 2005 Dodge Neon SXT. Based on all of the websites that I've surfed, it appears that there is a slight discrepancy. Some websites show DP31357C... and some show DP31065C.

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:41 am

EBC has an interesting article on their site about brake dust. They state that the majority of the dust is actually from the rotor.

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive_pro ... dust.shtml
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:54 am

Got my reds installed yesterday, I'm still breaking them in but oh my god talk about a difference between night and day :shock:
Now let's see how they last..

nerox
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by nerox » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:42 pm

i recieved some redstuff pads and gonna install them in the next week or so ... will write back with how i find them but from the reviews i have read so far they seem sweeeet
Official "I'm gonna drive my Neon until it dies" Club Member UK#1

Jeepin'
2GN Member

Post by Jeepin' » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:59 am

occasional demons wrote:But then the brakes on the XJ suck no matter what I've put on it
:rofl: :rofl: :laughing3:

Been there done that.

Are you running any specific non-slotted rotor, or pretty much an O.E spec?

I'm getting rather thin on pads, was considering bumping up to something with a little more kick to them. How much did you pick them up for, and are they off the shelf or do you have to order online?
FortMyersRacing.net - SwflRacing.com
2005 Neon SXT - 5 Speed, Fully adjustable Tokio Struts, 2" drop springs, stock 17" SRT rims w/ 215/50 series, f&r sway bars, f&r Strut tower bars, solid motor mounts, gutted, CAI, short throw, exhaust - built for the track but doing double duty

ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by ZeroChad » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:53 pm

So I've been loving these pads for street DD use. I went to a road race track with them last weekend, and really had a chance to heat em up.
They turned this color and stayed that way.

My brakes are somewhat spongey now. I'm going to bleed em and see if that clears up the issue.
Old Neon Log | Feedback

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)

NickKo
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by NickKo » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:27 pm

ZeroChad wrote:So I've been loving these pads for street DD use. I went to a road race track with them last weekend, and really had a chance to heat em up.

My brakes are somewhat spongey now. I'm going to bleed em and see if that clears up the issue.
Sounds like you drove them hard enough, to boil the brake fluid.

- Nick
-1998 2-dr SOHC MTX= 57mm TB; Maddog STS
-2000 Ply.LX w/MTX = Maddog STS; CAI; 2.5 exh.; 60mm T/B
-2001 ATX w/Syked PCM + Magnum header
-2001 ACR w/SRT T/B bored out to 55mm

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000009

Jerome Adams
2GN Member

Post by Jerome Adams » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:20 pm

Got these last week (EBC red stuff and EBC Ultimax Slotted Rotors) and installed them on Sunday. Initial impression was they felt soft but I figured that was part of the bedding in process. When I got home from work on Monday I looked at my rotors and the driver's side wasn't bedding in properly (only thin strip at top of rotors was showing wear). So I took off the wheel and the caliper wasn't sitting right so the pads were sitting cockeyed. Fixed it real quick, double checked the other side and then went for a test drive. Holy Hell... I barely touched the pedal and it was enough to cause the seatbelts to grab. My really old pads and really old rotors, I had almost full pedal travel to modulate. I never ran out of brakes with the old set-up, but I did have to stand on them occasionally. Now I go from lightly dragging the brakes to lock up in about an inch and a half (on well worn all seasons). I would like a little more pedal travel to modulate, but I am sure I will get used to it. No squeeks or funkyness yet, but I have about 20 miles on them. Autocross starts in a month so they will be full seated and ready to go by then, as will I :rockon:

Well it has been about another week, I took out some brake fluid and it they are a lot more liveable, not touchy/grabby like they were

Update: it has been 1 month since initial install and now they are just like normal brakes, not touchy, not grabby, not overly impressive. They look better than stock but dont notice much performance gain. Will try Hawk HPS pads next time, rotors should last awhile, if not I will just get some good solid rotors (mopar maybe)
Jerome

'03 SXT...DODGE NEON CONES

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #067

Return to “Parts/Product Reviews”