2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FYI: Gas prices

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
weber
aka SXTurbo
2GN Registrant

Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: FYI: Gas prices Reply with quote

Just heard late last night from a friend who's dad works at an oil refinery down south that gas prices are gonna spike like mad today. Rumor is up to $1.00 more per gallon, so for those of you who read this in the AM go fill up.

This is just getting pathetic, I picked the worst time to turbo a car Embarassed
tamadrumr88
audi ftw
2GN Registrant

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow im looking at almost $4/gal for premium! better run out for gas now
nodestiny
Knee - Yawn
2GN Registrant

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMN! Going to gas station ASAP i hope...
NoDestiny: 2004 SXT Silver MTx: CAI, Mag Intake, Mag header, Custom made mufflers, Grounding kit, Mopar STS, boogers, Eibach springs, Rear SRT4 struts, 29mm + 24mm hotchkis sways, MPx UPD, Street Prothane MM, P-werks rear strut tower bar, Lots of fun goodies inside, see WWW
unsuper man
PLEASE BAN ME.
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my laon mony for school pays for my gas card. LET THE GAS PRICES RIASE!!!!

Laughing
dblsg
official lurkor-shhh
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ "loan" which means you eventually have to pay it back.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote:
"eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
weber
aka SXTurbo
2GN Registrant

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i said, i just heard its going up that much. If the kid was pulling my leg i'd be surprised though, he never really jokes.
2003silverneonsxt
NEONLESS!!!
2GN Registrant

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard gas is going to be 3$ a gallon in pa, up from 2.55 so it woudlnt suprise me but not a FULL dollar rise
tamadrumr88
audi ftw
2GN Registrant

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i already pay $2.63/premium @ wawa. last payed $2.89 going through plymouth meeting on my way back from picking up the rims. gas is rediculous
scneonchic
Member #450
2GN Registrant

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a kroger card lol, my friend works there and told me today that gas was going to go up soon so i went and filled up tonight. cost me $15 for a whole tank of premium...it was ilke $2.59 a gallon i think, and i got like 3cents off pergallon. good time to have a kroger card, at least here that is
Smoke
Can't think...
2GN Registrant

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit, i remember when $12-13 filled my tank now i'm crossing my fingers trying to stay under $20 a tank.
ilpadrino
The movie buff
2GN Registrant

ICQ Status:

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smoke wrote:
Shit, i remember when $12-13 filled my tank now i'm crossing my fingers trying to stay under $20 a tank.

Lucky! I consider myself lucky if i can refill it for under 25
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mospaxreton
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea just filled mine with 89 today and it came out to $27.00 for a FULL tank. Freakin sucks... It was like 2.93 gallon at an expensive Mobil, only did it because my gas light was on for a long time!! I was lucky I didnt run out of gas. Usually I get 76 and they cost 2.60 or so a gallon. for 89 octane.
Not.A.Grly.Grl
2GN Registrant

Post: #13   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok when I fill my tank it costs approx 50$.... so stop your complaining until you get to the prices we pay here in Canada.
lmao

Post: #14   PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are lucky, out here in Cali in the bay area, I saw a gas station where 87 was $3.01 and 91 was $3.23

I am awesome.
non-magnum
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah our Premium gas is almost 3 dollars here in WA, and yes I heard from people that it's gonna be almost 6 dollars per gallon Shocked
The LED guy.
Former Jr. Admin

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #16   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

non-magnum wrote:
yes I heard from people that it's gonna be almost 6 dollars per gallon Shocked

Uhhh, yeah... I dunno about that.

Seriously though... Prices are on the increase, but I don't see it getting there. It would be quite the destroyer of the US economy. All vehicles would switch to electric... And I would definitely buy one. Shit, the way the prices are now, I'd seriously consider a 'gasoline' alternative.

Click here to learn how to help support 2GN.org!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Neonix
2GN Registrant

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

03sxt wrote:
...Seriously though... Prices are on the increase, but I don't see it getting there. It would be quite the destroyer of the US economy. All vehicles would switch to electric... And I would definitely buy one. Shit, the way the prices are now, I'd seriously consider a 'gasoline' alternative.

I say that too....then realize how fugly all of them are. Honestly, if they'd make a better looking 'gasoline' alternative vehicle..I'd buy one. especially now with gas prices, cause you know they are not going to ever go below 2 bucks anymore. I remember the good ol days when it was 1.35-1.40 Crying or Very sad
The LED guy.
Former Jr. Admin

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #18   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neonix wrote:
I say that too....then realize how fugly all of them are. Honestly, if they'd make a better looking 'gasoline' alternative vehicle..I'd buy one. especially now with gas prices, cause you know they are not going to ever go below 2 bucks anymore. I remember the good ol days when it was 1.35-1.40 Crying or Very sad

Yeah, they are ugly... And why?! There's no logical reason. Stupid engineers. Rolling Eyes Yeah, I remember when I was 16 and first got my license - I think I paid $0.99 a gallon for gas... Those days are way gone.

moparknighthawk
2GN Registrant

Post: #19   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember paying 79 cents for gas when I first got my license. Shocked

Here it is 21 years later and a am paying 2.69. Confused
1994 Ford Ranger (family workhorse)
Certified Mopar Nut!

DannyBoy
lmao

Post: #20   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

non-magnum wrote:
Yeah our Premium gas is almost 3 dollars here in WA, and yes I heard from people that it's gonna be almost 6 dollars per gallon Shocked

Your lucky your premium isn't $3.23 a gallon. Crying or Very sad

I am awesome.
Frizbe
What? Neons Suck.
2GN Registrant

2008 Plymouth Neon LX

Post: #21   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

03sxt wrote:
Neonix wrote:

Yeah, they are ugly... And why?! There's no logical reason. Stupid engineers. Rolling Eyes Yeah, I remember when I was 16 and first got my license - I think I paid $0.99 a gallon for gas... Those days are way gone.

its for aerodynamics you moron, YES AERODYNAMICS!! in a front wheel drive!! AHHHHHH!! anarchy!!one11!! get over the looks.
Frizbe, you rock my socks.
- Jeff's girlfriend

jtrain
2GN Registrant

Post: #22   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gas Prices just jumped to 2.99 a gallon here in Indy...
Stonebender
Unbiased
2GN Registrant

Post: #23   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh. It was $2.719 the other day, today it's $2.589 for premium. Odd

A woman.
03sxt
The LED guy.
Former Jr. Admin

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #24   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linkinevo wrote:
its for aerodynamics you moron, YES AERODYNAMICS!! in a front wheel drive!! AHHHHHH!! anarchy!!one11!! get over the looks.

Right. Rolling Eyes

CU_rob
2GN WallpaperArtist
2GN Registrant

Post: #25   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just paid $2.79 for 93 oct. ... drove away from one station that wanted $3.05 for 93.

yikes.

01 Silver ACR = 60mm TB, AEM CAI, mopar wires, NGK-R plugs, Mopar Short Shifter *Now with new Orange flavor Bugger Bushings!!
02 Steel Blue Jeep Liberty Sport 4x2 = Wife's Car

Wallpapers:
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=944
http://cu-rob.deviantart.com/gallery/
J-Villa
E3E
2GN Registrant

Post: #26   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gas last night at 2 am here....2.45 cents...gas on my way home from work tonight....2.72
Official I sold my Neon Member #004
dblsg
official lurkor-shhh
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #27   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wife works for BP, said gas prices are gonna jump up this weekend.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote:
"eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."
Ifixyawata
Circuit Board Idiot
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #28   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work at a gas station and about 500 times a day I get asked "so, when's gas going up?" "When are you gouging the price on us again?" "You know this is highway robbery, right?"

I'm fucking tired of it. (Both the prices and the assholes faulting me for it.)
scneonchic
Member #450
2GN Registrant

Post: #29   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well they should realize its not your faut, you dont make the gas prices rise up just to make them mad. im sure if we all had it our way it would be like $1 for a gallon or something, lol.

its 1am here and i just passed a gas station, 89 is $2.82 a gallon. so that means 92 is proably close to $3 Sad i think im staying home this weekend!
quicksilvr
Driving Ms. Daisy

2000 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #30   PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I filled up yesterday around 4:00 p.m. Paid $2.45 for regular at Shell. As I was getting ready to pull out, the guy comes out and starts changing the big sign.....i stayed around to see how much it was going up. Went from $2.45 to $2.63. I was feeling pretty proud of myself and my timing. Laughing

EDIT.....now I have to purposely stay out of the throttle.....i know I should always try, but prices are making it mandatory procedure.

2001 Dodge Neon R/T
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: