2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

drag racing in ohio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smallblockfreak
2gn Forum Troll
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: drag racing in ohio Reply with quote

Where do most people in ohio drag race at? I drag race at LaRue Ohio since it's close and cheap. Friday nights is 10 dollars to test and tune from 5 pm to about 12 am
i heart my neons.

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norwalk or Milan (in MI) is just a hop, skip, and a jump away.

Proud member of CYL [www.caughtyalookin.com]
racer12306
10th Grader
Junior Admin

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only track in Ohio that I have raced at is Norwalk. I LOVE that track. Beautiful facility, perfect track, great atmosphere. That is how I remember it, granted it was a number of years ago. If Bader Sr still runs it I bet its the same if not then who knows
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hul kogan
i heart my neons.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

racer12306 wrote:
The only track in Ohio that I have raced at is Norwalk. I LOVE that track. Beautiful facility, perfect track, great atmosphere. That is how I remember it, granted it was a number of years ago. If Bader Sr still runs it I bet its the same if not then who knows

Yes, it is a very nice track. It's a well-known track in the drag racing world and is a regular stop for NHRA events.

To be completely accurate, it is now called Summit Motorsports Park. Summit purchased the naming rights back in 07. Not sure if it is still under the same owner or not, though.

racer12306
10th Grader
Junior Admin

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be surprised if it wasn't either Bader Sr or Bader Jr.

That track will always be Norwalk Raceway Park to me, just like Indy will always be IRP, not O' Rileys.

It used to be the pinnicle of the IHRA tour, and the IHRA headquarters which Bader Sr ran the IHRA, until it converted to NHRA.
Forum Behavior
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hul kogan
i heart my neons.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yupp. I hear you on that. I still call them Norwalk and IRP, respectively. In fact, I don't really know anyone besides the venues that call them by their current names...Don't know

BTW, IRP is by far my favorite. I love that track. I'm out there every year for a car show/races. Such a killer facility! The one year they had drifting over on the circle track and drags on the strip. Talk about heaven. Very Happy

racer12306
10th Grader
Junior Admin

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever been to Englishtown? Awesome place too.
Forum Behavior
hul kogan
i heart my neons.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

racer12306 wrote:
Ever been to Englishtown? Awesome place too.

I have not. I've heard that it is pretty sweet from multiple people, though.

racer12306
10th Grader
Junior Admin

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is, I raced there when I was 14 or 15 I believe. They had a 1/4 mile track, 1/8 mile track for Jr's, drag boat track (that was going to be switched to an airplane hanger), airplane hanger and a MotoX track.

I really want to go back there soon.
Forum Behavior
hul kogan
i heart my neons.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racer12306 wrote:
It is, I raced there when I was 14 or 15 I believe. They had a 1/4 mile track, 1/8 mile track for Jr's, drag boat track (that was going to be switched to an airplane hanger), airplane hanger and a MotoX track.

I really want to go back there soon.

Sweet deal! Sounds awesome.

What were you racing last time you were there?

(we jacked the hell out of this thread. lolz. sorry to the OP.)

racer12306
10th Grader
Junior Admin

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Jr Dragster
Forum Behavior
Jbucky05
BANNED

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

norwalk is where i race every wed in the summer its a great atmosphere and some real kewl cars.. alround great track
"I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #58

''Bummblebee''
neontj
2GN Registrant

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about national trail raceway in hebron, lol thats whats close to me.i hate living in b.f.e. sometimes.

00 neon mtx ghetto blaster s.t.h. s.t.s. cut springs lol. kybs. c.a.i. inserts 12cam udp 1gn 355.
racer12306
10th Grader
Junior Admin

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats Columbus area right?

I've never been there but I've heard it is a strange track. Maybe something about a huge bump somewhere in the surface. But this was a few years ago.

A guy my dad knows loves that track for some reason, he always does good there.
Forum Behavior
orangeneon05
MTX & R/T
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-D

Post: #15   PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for everyon in ohio that is in toledo or the northern part of ohio you can go to Dragway 42 it is a drag way over by lodi on the northeast side of ohio. the address and hours and prices are listed on their website. www.dragway42.com

2005 OB Srt-D, R/T motor swap

djbjammin814
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #16   PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tompson OH. is off of I-80 1/2 an hour to an hour from the PA border. Its an IHRA track. Ive been there once. Erie PA. is where i like to go. "LUCKY DRAG CITY" in Wattsburgh PA. Sat. Test and tune 5 to get in, 10 to tune. Sun. 10 to get in, and 10 to register per class !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FULL DRIVER PAYOUT to 1st and 2ed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUTLAW TRACK !!!!!! U can race anything u want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1/8 mi. and 1/4 mi. classes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention FULL PAYOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Last year i placed 2ed 3 times, and 1st once in street class............ I brought home 180 bucks for that win............................................ Tracks dont pay like that but Luckys will. Great people and great local track. Come up and check it out. Luckys strip has been open for like 60 years. He has an outlaw showdown every month. Check it out at LUCKYDRAGCITY.com...
2002 Neon ACR-MTX-Stock other than a CAI. 2005 Neon SXT-MTX-AEM CAI,K&N Filter,INDY Intake(shaped&polished),Pacesetter Ex. Man.(DEI wraped&sprayed),Magnaflow HF Cat.,Mopar Dual Ex.,UDP,JET Chip(stage2)2.4 stratus Injectors,MSD Coil,Mopar F&R STB,OBX s.t.shifter,Redline Water Wetter,AMSoil,ALTEZZA Tail Lights.
racer12306
10th Grader
Junior Admin

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #17   PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that is hard as hell to read.
Forum Behavior
djbjammin814
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #18   PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*bump*

Race season is almost here. Rock ON
Where is everyone going on opening day?
Lucky's opens May 1st and 2ed. Bet your arse i'll be there on Gears {sunday, sunday, sunday} Gears
2002 Neon ACR-MTX-Stock other than a CAI. 2005 Neon SXT-MTX-AEM CAI,K&N Filter,INDY Intake(shaped&polished),Pacesetter Ex. Man.(DEI wraped&sprayed),Magnaflow HF Cat.,Mopar Dual Ex.,UDP,JET Chip(stage2)2.4 stratus Injectors,MSD Coil,Mopar F&R STB,OBX s.t.shifter,Redline Water Wetter,AMSoil,ALTEZZA Tail Lights.
racer12306
10th Grader
Junior Admin

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #19   PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opening day around here was a month ago Laughing
Forum Behavior
dracer93
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #20   PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

opening day tomorrow at Norwalk! I'm looking forward to this racing season! Gonna be my first full summer with my license and first full summer or racing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: