Am I weird or do others do this?

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
Post Reply
Steaks
2GN Member
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Minnetonka, MN

Am I weird or do others do this?

Post by Steaks » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:59 pm

I have a list of things I want to put into the car how much, around they will cost me if I go through like Modern and Howell. I am wondering if others do this or am I the only one?

I find it really nice cause as I get parts I take it off the list and then I can kinda see how much I have put into it and how much I still have to go to make it the way I want it.
Image
Image

Anonymous User
2GN Member
Posts: 2490
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:57 am
Location: Bay Area, CA
Contact:

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:53 pm

i made a list of parts i want, but never with the prices.. i most of the prices stuff cost that i want anyways.
2002 Neon SST - Gone!
1990 Saab 9000 - Sold
1990 Acura Integra B16A - Sold
1995 JDM Front integra - Traded
1994 BMW 325i Convertible - Traded
1993 Honda Del Sol B18C - Sold
!997 Infiniti Q45 - TOTALED!!!!

CU_rob
2GN Member
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:04 pm
Location: SC

Post by CU_rob » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:10 pm

i do the same thing... i call it my xmas/birthday/wish list...

I give it to my brothers with the hope that they will help my wife find the stuff...
works some of the time.
Image
01 Silver ACR = 60mm TB, AEM CAI, mopar wires, NGK-R plugs, Mopar Short Shifter *Now with new Orange flavor Bugger Bushings!!
02 Steel Blue Jeep Liberty Sport 4x2 = Wife's Car

Wallpapers:
viewtopic.php?t=944
http://cu-rob.deviantart.com/gallery/

User avatar
LaidNeon
2GN Member
Posts: 3080
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 2:13 am
Location: Pasadena, Tx
Contact:

Post by LaidNeon » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:14 pm

i have a list of stuff i wanna do, but not prices on my website. I don't have the "Top Secret Stuff" listed though
- Dan

Steaks
2GN Member
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Minnetonka, MN

Post by Steaks » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:24 pm

okay so I am a little weird but not that bad good
Image
Image

User avatar
dblsg
2GN Veteran
Posts: 10719
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:20 am
Location: Aurora, IL
Contact:

Post by dblsg » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:44 pm

actually, i've been thinking of doing it for my past 5 cars and never get around to it.
Image Sam-I-Am
Image
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000046
Diablo0 wrote: "eh... your opinion doesn't matter... I'm doing what I want..."

Stonebender
2GN Member
Posts: 793
Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: Scumburg
Contact:

Post by Stonebender » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:32 am

I've got 2 different lists for my car, and a lot of other lists for cars I don't have. No prices, though.

WiTeOuT
2GN Member
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 11:54 pm

Post by WiTeOuT » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:46 am

Obviously not strange, I think almost all of my buddies with neons have done this. It's a good way to set goals and achieve them.

05srt4clone
2GN Member
Posts: 680
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:38 am
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Contact:

Post by 05srt4clone » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:30 am

I do the same thing.
Image
06 GMC Canyon Crew Cab Inline 5
Brainstorming mods
06 Toyota Corolla S
Wife's Car- Gas Saver

User avatar
mospaxreton
2GN Member
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:32 pm
Location: Los Angeles, Californication
Contact:

Post by mospaxreton » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:38 pm

You think thats wierd? How about writing down what you have done with prices to see how much you've spent on top of what you do... Yes I think we are wierd... LoL It's called a Car enthusiast.
Image

User avatar
Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin
Posts: 12473
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:20 pm
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Post by Diablo0 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:08 pm

mospaxreton wrote:You think thats wierd? How about writing down what you have done with prices to see how much you've spent on top of what you do... Yes I think we are wierd... LoL It's called a Car enthusiast.


:lol:... I used to do that until it made me sick to my stomach on how much I've spent haha
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
Image
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

User avatar
Frizbe
2GN Member
Posts: 2984
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:41 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

Re: Am I weird or do others do this?

Post by Frizbe » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:46 pm

Steaks wrote:I have a list of things I want to put into the car how much, around they will cost me if I go through like Modern and Howell. I am wondering if others do this or am I the only one?

I find it really nice cause as I get parts I take it off the list and then I can kinda see how much I have put into it and how much I still have to go to make it the way I want it.

I do that, prices and all. But I go so far as to break it up into Suspension/Engine/Body/ect. :lol:
Justin- I have nothing but smart ass remarks to add.
:-s
Fire_Hippo wrote:Frizbe, you rock my socks.
- Jeff's girlfriend
Image

Neonix
2GN Member
Posts: 2264
Joined: Thu May 13, 2004 2:23 pm
Location: Washington

Post by Neonix » Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:50 am

I did this also..but have seemed to lost my list. I have a bad memory. Plus, I'd always scratch things off, change my mind and put it back on, continually. It was a vicious cycle. :lol:
Image

User avatar
kevo
2GN Member
Posts: 1282
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:00 am

Post by kevo » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:53 pm

i think your weird but im gonna have to start doing this too. :D

JustANeon
2GN Member
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:02 pm

Post by JustANeon » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:05 pm

i have an excel spreadsheet like that :shock:
2006 Pontiac GTO

SILVER-ES

Post by SILVER-ES » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:05 pm

Diablo0 wrote:
mospaxreton wrote:You think thats wierd? How about writing down what you have done with prices to see how much you've spent on top of what you do... Yes I think we are wierd... LoL It's called a Car enthusiast.


:lol:... I used to do that until it made me sick to my stomach on how much I've spent haha


That would be my same response word for word. :lol:

User avatar
moparknighthawk
2GN Member
Posts: 747
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:38 am
Contact:

Post by moparknighthawk » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:01 pm

I make lists for all my cars. Mostly its maintenance lists. That way I can keep track of the 4 cars I take care of. :D
Greg
GoMango 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona, # 1592 of 4000. (MOPAR show car, cruiser)
Salsa Red 2000 Dodge Neon ES Touring (commuter)
1994 Ford Ranger (family workhorse)
Certified Mopar Nut!

Image

User avatar
Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin
Posts: 12473
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:20 pm
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Post by Diablo0 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:36 pm

moparknighthawk wrote:I make lists for all my cars. Mostly its maintenance lists. That way I can keep track of the 4 cars I take care of. :D


I did that also but I have a pretty good memory on what I do and stuff so I got kinda tired of having to log everything. Plus... I'm pretty certian that I'm gonna have the R/T until it falls to pieces and not sell it since thats a lot of money out the door... so keeping logs for resale got kinda old too. haha
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
Image
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

scneonchic
2GN Veteran
Posts: 8884
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:44 am
Location: Aiken, SC

Re: Am I weird or do others do this?

Post by scneonchic » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:09 am

linkinevo wrote:
Steaks wrote:I have a list of things I want to put into the car how much, around they will cost me if I go through like Modern and Howell. I am wondering if others do this or am I the only one?

I find it really nice cause as I get parts I take it off the list and then I can kinda see how much I have put into it and how much I still have to go to make it the way I want it.

I do that, prices and all. But I go so far as to break it up into Suspension/Engine/Body/ect. :lol:


yes ill second that...lol....but im really organized, i keep up w/ everything..so i have 2 lists for the car and i keep up w/ how much i spend on it.... :oops: too much...but well worth it! :D

Steaks
2GN Member
Posts: 592
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:23 pm
Location: Minnetonka, MN

Post by Steaks » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:25 am

but once something happens it feels good to know you have that list JUST incase and to have the records for if you need to talk to the insurance company


OT on this point but man my headlights don't look anything like my sig anymore I think I need to paint them again
Image
Image

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”