I quit on Zunes....

Pretty much what the title says, all off-topic related posts can be posted here to share with everyone.
mopar4life
2GN Member

I quit on Zunes....

Post by mopar4life » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:42 pm

I need to vent....

Well this is the THIRD Zune Ive had, they'll last about 6 months and die. A bit short life for a 180 dollar piece of plastic! WTF, seriously now, why the hell do they just die at random. I take perfect care of them and they still die off. I quit on Zunes...Im sendin this one off and tryin to sell the one they send me back. What MP3 is the best? Everybody I know uses Ipods so Ill prolly end up with one of those...
randomZERO wrote:I'm trying to help you not insult you. This is why neons have a bad name is because people buy all these plastic do dads and crazy lites, the neon is not a christmas tree. .

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:44 pm

I have been very happy with my iPod. Some people don't like the iTunes interface, but I don't have a problem with it.

The main issue is you will need to transfer everything into iTunes. The iPod will not accept any other format.

My iPod is in the area of 3 years old, maybe a little more. The battery life is starting to dwindle I think, I will really find out with these new headphones since they have a high resistance (64 ohm).
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

jT
2GN Member

Post by jT » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:50 pm

if all you are doing is listening to music why do you need something "fancy". you didnt mention anything about video so just get a basic mp3 player.. the more technology included in something the more parts it has to fail.

ive got a sandisk sansa something mp3 player never had problems with it. before that some creative mp3 player that worked until i dropped it hard--- but then after a while it magically started working again... drop your ipod and see what happens.

for your $180 i could buy an mp3 player for every day of the week...

mopar4life
2GN Member

Post by mopar4life » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:54 pm

Yeah....about the only thing I really need on one is a small screen that looks decent. Similar to this 8GB Zune I have. Its the perfect size and everything. Ill look around though, Im puttin all my music on my blackberry just in case it fails after it gets repaired. Its startin to piss me off...
randomZERO wrote:I'm trying to help you not insult you. This is why neons have a bad name is because people buy all these plastic do dads and crazy lites, the neon is not a christmas tree. .

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Part of my issue is I have 16GB of music and books. And this will definitely grow as I am going to be getting audio books from the library to listen to on planes and in the car. Plus, I don't want to keep on transferring music on and off the MP3 player. I want everything on it.

32GB non iPod MP3: ~$250 (just a quick search on newegg)
120GB iPod Classic: $250

8GB iPod Nano (probably what you are looking for): $150
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

kornholio788
2GN Member

Post by kornholio788 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:39 pm

I love my zune. Over a year and still kickin strong.
2000 Dodge Neon................FULLY BAGGED AND LAID OUT!!...................All Show
theTeejmiester wrote:haha it needs a six foot wing and color change paint and neons to be your style :shock: ...

contagious18
2010 Silver Contributor

Post by contagious18 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:45 pm

ipod had mine for 2 years and love it
Antagonist crew| Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000031
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2569968
http://contagious209.mybrute.com

hansken_yo
2GN Veteran

Post by hansken_yo » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:05 am

<<< Hates apple, but has to admit that the ipod/phone are pretty nice... It just sucks that the competition hasn't caught up, but they also don't get ANY help from developers giving discounts to people with only the Iphone/pod and nothing else.... Lame. /rant
| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.

glasswars
2GN Veteran

Post by glasswars » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:09 am

fuck zune.

ipod all the way.
thisishalcyon.com
@halcyonphoto

GreeNeons03
2GN Member

Post by GreeNeons03 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:11 am

hansken_yo wrote:<<< Hates apple, but has to admit that the ipod/phone are pretty nice...
:withstupid: the iPod is the only Apple product I will ever own. I have a first generation Nano, I got it around the time they first came out and it's still kicking strong. iPod FTW!
LilSparkPlug wrote:Polish her....females like that better than slathering! Yeah...I went there.
CLICK ME!
Official "Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club Member #8

2k1MotorSport
2011 Gold Contributor

Post by 2k1MotorSport » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:34 am

I have had my zune for about a year and a half and have had no problems.

My g/f's friend also has a zune and has had to send it out to get fixed.

Also, i bought mine refurbished. So that may be why i have no problems. Since they have already been fixed.
-Scott

DoubtedNeon
2GN Member

Post by DoubtedNeon » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:24 pm

I have the ipod photo 20 gig, when those first came put. and i have a color screen, the thing is stil alive, ide go ipod they are very nice products. self servicable too
Swordfish2Cowboy wrote:They left a pry bar? Well get the prints like they do on CSI, and track those fuckers down. Then cap them.
grindpunk16 wrote: You and about 2 dozen other folks want that cover. It came with the car, and it's all mine.. :twisted: :bootyshake: \:D/

Nutmeg
2GN Member

Post by Nutmeg » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Every Apple product I've owned has worked flawlessly. My iPod from six years ago still works, even though I have a new one since then.

MoxHair
2GN Member

Re: I quit on Zunes....

Post by MoxHair » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:22 pm

mopar4life wrote:I need to vent....

Well this is the THIRD Zune Ive had, they'll last about 6 months and die. A bit short life for a 180 dollar piece of plastic! WTF, seriously now, why the hell do they just die at random. I take perfect care of them and they still die off. I quit on Zunes...Im sendin this one off and tryin to sell the one they send me back. What MP3 is the best? Everybody I know uses Ipods so Ill prolly end up with one of those...
Should get the replacement plan next time.

I've had the same Insignia 4GB MP3 player for a couple years now and I've had zero issues with it. I don't see the point in buying an ipod when my Insignia player does everything it does for less than half the price.

make sure you get napster ;)

...wait... I'm not at work, what the hell am I doing in a thread like this.
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by SOKADAO954 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:35 pm

i had a one 80g zune it was great for 2 years then i tarded for a indash dvd but i never had a problem.

well if u realy only listen to music get a iphone, u have the phone plus the ipod its well working for me well i watch movies on my iphone all day long LOL.

if not, motorola just put out on jan 11 a 10g media player takes all formats, its only 70 on ebay.

search on ebay motorola mp4
im sure best buy, other places will have it also
|Danny|
06 VW Jetta 2.5 MTX - 4 Doors fit more whores.

"In search of the perfect beat. I found my soul"

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:37 pm

My daughter has had her 30 GB Zune for 1.5 years, no issues, and I've had the 120 GB since November?, or whenever they first released them. So far it's been great. Beats using a CD player in the car. I knew I didn't buy a CD changer for a reason. You can drop an MP3 player and it doesn't skip a beat. Try that with a CD player.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

TeckNeon
2GN Member

Post by TeckNeon » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:40 pm

I love my iPods. I used my 1st gen Nano every day for like 8-10 hours a day for at least 2 or 3 years and it was awesome. I ended up cracking the screen and killing the battery. I need a new Nano now but my iPhone is working as my iPod now. But I need a Nano for Nike+. It put that little Nano through hell too. It's so worth it to me to spend the little bit extra. I hate Creative, Philips, Dell (lol) Sony, Samsung, etc. MP3 players. None of them seem like they do that great of a job and are cumbersome to use. I hear iRivers are nice.

But alas, I have a Mac at home so I have to use an iPod unless I dual boot into Windows to use another MP3 player.
"I can't believe I ate the whole thing." - H. Simpson

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:07 pm

SOKADAO954 wrote:i had a one 80g zune it was great for 2 years then i tarded for a indash dvd but i never had a problem.

well if u realy only listen to music get a iphone, u have the phone plus the ipod its well working for me well i watch movies on my iphone all day long LOL.

if not, motorola just put out on jan 11 a 10g media player takes all formats, its only 70 on ebay.

The problem with iPhones is they are limited to 16GB
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum Behavior

SOKADAO954
2009 Gold Contributor

Post by SOKADAO954 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:16 pm

racer12306 wrote:
SOKADAO954 wrote:i had a one 80g zune it was great for 2 years then i tarded for a indash dvd but i never had a problem.

The problem with iPhones is they are limited to 16GB
well as a dj i have LOTS AND LOTS of songs and i find it quite hard for 16g to get filled quick.

i mean 16g is big memory.

for my music that i use to dj i still have
2 120g zunes
|Danny|
06 VW Jetta 2.5 MTX - 4 Doors fit more whores.

"In search of the perfect beat. I found my soul"

JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:30 pm

I still have my Zune after...man it's probably about 3 years now. Dropped it onto solid concrete from five feet and and dropped it in the snow; did nothing to it. I don't know if the model change is the difference though. I still have the original 30gb. I've heard the new models have more problems.

Sorry to hear they didn't work out for you.

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Running a 120Gig Zune and lovin' it.

Return to “Off-Topic”