2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hmm....Pro Street Neon?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mopar4life
Country Boy SRT-4
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Hmm....Pro Street Neon? Reply with quote

Ive been covered up busy with work and school for quite a while. Just now able to get back on the PC and do much postin. Anywho, one of my cousins has been playin with Neon drag cars for years and I think I wanna give the FWD drag car a shot. What would be the best way to make one run 8.50 or faster 1/8th mile and still be streetable? I was thinkin about gettin a 2000 up 5 speed one, and either goin the nitrous route or building one with a SRT-4 swap. Gut it out, slicks, axles, clutch, solid mounts, adjustable shocks front and rear, cage, all the good stuff. Ive been drag racing for years with a 67 Cuda and figure I wanna build a toy for the street that it very different. Anybody got any ideas on it?

randomZERO wrote:
I'm trying to help you not insult you. This is why neons have a bad name is because people buy all these plastic do dads and crazy lites, the neon is not a christmas tree. .
thttxboy
mexiCAN
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well 8.5 in the 1/8th shouldnt take too much ive run a 8.901 in the 1/8th and my mods are hard pipes and Foward motion wastegate at 16 psi on street tires. I met a guy with a stock srt on slicks and a small shot of Nitrous and he ran an 8.5 all day. So maybe slicks a good exhaust and a meth kit so you can raise your boost and a wideband to monitor it all and you'll be on ur way. something like that
Moved: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:09 am by racer12306
From General 2nd Gen Discussion to Drag Racing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: