2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Notice on Behavior

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
racer12306
10th Grader
Junior Admin

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Official Notice on Behavior Reply with quote

To All Forum Members:

Please let this post serve as official notice that member conduct is becoming out of line and this is unacceptable. We at 2GN.org strive to maintain an open community, and in recent times regardless of the kind of car you drive, that promotes open communication of opinions in a respectful manner. We strongly promote member opinions because it is important for people to feel welcome and that there will not be retribution for their thoughts.

With this said, we will be strongly promoting respectful conversation. This means that member's that choose to be blatantly disrespectful towards other members will receive vacations, length to be determined at the discretion of the Moderation staff. And if actions warrant, permanent vacations.

Like I said, we don't want people to feel like they can't express themselves. That is the absolute last thing that we want. The goal is respect. Rather than saying "your car is the biggest hunk of shit in the world, you destroyed that car," choose not to post or go with something that is better, such as explaining your opinion and maybe what you would have done differently or even something as simple as "Not my cup of tea." If someone chooses to start an argument, respectfully reply or don't reply at all. There is a report post button on every single post that is made. When this button is clicked an email is sent to every Moderator/Administrator on the staff, we will address the problem as soon as we can.

This site has turned into a great resource for people with 2nd generation Neons. We feel that it is more than just a site of Neon owners, it is a community of car lovers. This is very obvious in the number of members who move on from their Neon yet continue to browse the site, engage in conversation and help out members with problems. The site would not have got to it's current point without growth. A more respectful site will lead to more growth and a more educated member base.

To all of our new members, welcome to the forum. Search around, there is a lot of information here. We recently created a FAQ section that answers many questions that many new members have when they join. Check out that section here: FAQ Section

To all of our veteran members, thank you for staying around. Without your knowledge the site would not have grown from the little sprout it was just 5 years ago to the large community it is today.
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

Last edited by racer12306 on Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:35 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TheRandom1
King of Controversy
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm afraid this post signifies the beginning of the end for TheRandom1. But I'm going to try to play by the rules... sort of...

Danteneon wrote:
You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.
MoxHair
Hugo Stiglitz
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'bout time.

Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing
2017 Subaru WRX STI
Paul56
2GN Registrant

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering if it is acceptable to say this...

"Your car is metal shredder food."

Laughing
hansken_yo
Your YO Man
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is disrespectful crude behavior in good humor acceptable in specific threads??? ROFL

| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Quote:
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.
MoxHair
Hugo Stiglitz
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is the right thread to be joking around in. Basically you're taking the message that Frank is trying to present and making it a Joke.

Road Racing > Autocross > Spirited Driving > Sitting in Traffic > Mowing Lawns > Drag Racing
2017 Subaru WRX STI
TheRandom1
King of Controversy
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or... We are demonstrating in this thread that it is possible to have a good time on this site and joke around without being a royal prick like you and I, Mox.

Danteneon wrote:
You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.
hansken_yo
Your YO Man
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Sad

| - John || Project Log || Official I'm Going To Drive My Neon Till It Dies Club #000001 |
Quote:
Everyone knows that for breasts to be "perfect" they need to be within reach.
TNK
Post #18
2GN Registrant

2000 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i don't read it, do i have to abide by it? Laughing

Modify Your Car - Modify Your Body - Modify Your Life
TheRandom1 wrote:
My true opinion here is that the only time rubber should be stretched is when it's going over a penis.
theTeejmiester
just call me TJ
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good to hear, hate to see this place end up like the other .org
racer12306
10th Grader
Junior Admin

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this up for the day crowd.
Forum Behavior
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JeffM
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I approve of this thread. thumbup Well put, Frank. Although, as much as I would like to see people taking their chill pills, I don't believe many of the 'jerks' will pay attention to this.
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffM wrote:
I approve of this thread. thumbup Well put, Frank. Although, as much as I would like to see people taking their chill pills, I don't believe many of the 'jerks' will pay attention to this.

withstupid

occasional demons wrote:
So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. Think
theTeejmiester
just call me TJ
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haganracing wrote:
JeffM wrote:

withstupid

then i believe frank will have to roll out the ban hammer and pound some asshole four shades of purple......

Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban Ban
Adionik
A real McAsshole
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theTeejmiester wrote:

I lurked around the other .org and I don't see what the big deal is. Seems to be an older crowd there, and even at that they're not bad IMO.

The crowd here has never been bad, but a few take things a little too personally...

TheRandom1 wrote:
Adionik, you're an asshole, we all know this.
Paul56
2GN Registrant

Post: #16   PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoxHair wrote:
I don't know if this is the right thread to be joking around in. Basically you're taking the message that Frank is trying to present and making it a Joke.

No, Frank's message still stands (and I am in full agreement with it) regardless of my little comment.
ZeroChad
2009 Gold Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put Frank.

2000 - Corvette Coupe
2002 - Neon SE Fully Built (scrapped)
blue demon02
2GN Registrant

Post: #18   PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed well put. I do still troll this site occasionally and do give advice when ever asked. It is still one of my favorite car forums to visit. I try my best to be respectful and polite even when people are being stupid.
10th Grader
Junior Admin

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #19   PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for the move to being a Global Announcement.

I expect this to not be read by anyone new now since it's an Annoucment Laughing
Forum Behavior
Passt
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #20   PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theTeejmiester wrote:

withstupid
Rough Rider

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #21   PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

racer12306 wrote:

I expect this to not be read by anyone new now since it's an Annoucment Laughing

The scary thing is, that's probably the case. I would think the new people need this just as much as the vets.

| Donate to 2gn | Feedback || OB's | GozziFab | All Business |

Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #22   PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passt wrote:
theTeejmiester wrote:

withstupid
withstupid
I left the .org because of the attitudes there and was glad to find this site- completely different. thumbup
heydockyle
OB Bitch
2011 Silver Contributor

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #23   PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda like srt-forums. They all seem to have something up there ass over there.

05 OB SRT-4 - AGP Stg 3 Delta 44 Turbo w/ Supporting mods
98 Platinum Coupe - 2.4 Swap
98 Flame Red Sedan - DD Slow
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold
TheRandom1
King of Controversy
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #24   PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their gear shifter...

Danteneon wrote:
BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!
2009 Platinum Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #25   PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRandom1 wrote:
Their gear shifter...

ROFL
As we have mentioned before, we are working together to try to get 2GN like it used to be thumbup
TheRandom1
King of Controversy
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #26   PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Together? Who?

Danteneon wrote:
BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #27   PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current mod staff.......
TheRandom1
King of Controversy
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #28   PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*points to title* I have not been consulted, why? Laughing

Danteneon wrote:
BlackRoseRacing
1st ever DD SC 2GN!

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #29   PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRandom1 wrote:
*points to title* I have not been consulted, why? Laughing

I do not understand what you mean.....
The mods currently in place have enough power to control 90% of the site.....
TheRandom1
King of Controversy
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #30   PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, I am the Neo of this website. I'm The One. The savior. Hence my user title...

Danteneon wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: