Tapatalk

Have a problem with the forum or site, want to make a suggestion, or just have a question about 2GN, post it here and we'll try to fix the problem or at least give you an answer.
gr8whtd0pe
2GN Member

Tapatalk

Post by gr8whtd0pe » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:43 am

Any way an admin can install this? Takes seconds and would allow me to browse the site a lot better with my iPhone, or others Droid phones and soon BlackBerry (although you can also do berryblab).

Users on my site asked for it, and use it regularly

http://www.tapatalk.com/
Tapatalk is an iPhone, Android, Nokia mobile application for super fast and handle forum access. Forum owner can download the free plug-in to activate this in your forum. Tapatalk supports iPhone and Android. Nokia and BlackBerry version are in the making and will be available in February 2010.
- Kirk B.
02 White Money Pit ... I mean Neon.
http://www.jeffellismusic.com
http://www.wvmotorsports.com
"i bring nothing to the table"
feedback

Diablo0
2GN.org Owner/Admin

Post by Diablo0 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:28 am

From what I'm seeing on the forum it currently will not work with the forum due to us still running phpBB2. I'm planning on updating the forum soon so when that happens and everything is working accordingly I'll be sure to take a look at it again.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention! :thumbup:
-Jason
Black '02 Neon R/T | White '02 Neon R/T - SRT-4 Engine Swap
^^^ no, that isn't what I look like haha
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. - Albert Einstein

gr8whtd0pe
2GN Member

Post by gr8whtd0pe » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:38 am

Damn I was afraid of that. Get on the ball man! lol kidding.
- Kirk B.
02 White Money Pit ... I mean Neon.
http://www.jeffellismusic.com
http://www.wvmotorsports.com
"i bring nothing to the table"
feedback

anomalous0
2GN Member

Post by anomalous0 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:15 am

Well I'm bringing this back from the dead, but any chance of an upgrade?
I find myself spending a lot more time on the "other" .org because they have tapatalk enabled.
"If you haven't bled on it, it's not your car"

BlackRoseRacing
2009 Platinum Contributor

Post by BlackRoseRacing » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:18 am

anomalous0 wrote:Well I'm bringing this back from the dead, but any chance of an upgrade?
I find myself spending a lot more time on the "other" .org because they have tapatalk enabled.
I have no issue browsing the site using Safari on my Iphone 3G :roll:

Canada
Junior Admin

Post by Canada » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:23 am

We are hoping to upgrade to PhpBB3 in the coming months and will likely enable it then.

anomalous0
2GN Member

Post by anomalous0 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:27 am

Site works fine in the browser when I have a 3G connection (though scaling is annoying), but on EDGE it crawls. Tapatalk is pretty great stuff, if you try it you'll see what I mean. Some of the best money I've spent on the android market. Looks like we're still on phpBB 2.x though, and upgrading phpBB is a massive pain if memory serves, so I can understand the hesitation to do so. Still, there are a lot of other good reasons to upgrade (security comes to mind and I believe there are a few performance improvements). I wouldn't say tapatalk is a good enough reason on it's own but if you ever do move to 3.x it'd be nice to keep in mind.
[Edit]I just realized that I submitted this response after the reply detailing that the forum would be upgraded, sorry about that.
"If you haven't bled on it, it's not your car"

What Neon?
2GN Member

Post by What Neon? » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Tapatalk is the $hit. PLEASE get it added ASAP. forums without it will be left behind and this is a great source for information.

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:45 pm

Eh, if we get left behind it will just make my job easier :rofl:
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:47 pm

I doubt this forum would get "left behind" due to a phone app not working :rofl:
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:21 pm

:withstupid:

If it's a matter of better phone browsing that keeps people off the site, then I say Good Day Sir!
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

heydockyle
2011 Silver Contributor

Post by heydockyle » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:17 pm

Yea I don't see this forum being "left behind". I just don't see it growing much more then it already is.
05 OB SRT-4 - AGP Stg 3 Delta 44 Turbo w/ Supporting mods
98 Platinum Coupe - 2.4 Swap
98 Flame Red Sedan - DD Slow
98 Sport Coupe - Totaled
05 SXT - Sold

racer12306
Junior Admin

Post by racer12306 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:20 pm

heydockyle wrote:Yea I don't see this forum being "left behind". I just don't see it growing much more then it already is.
I agree.

The fact that we even have new members signing up for a platform that has been dead for 6 years and was a cheap econobox is pretty amazing, imo.
-Frank
Member of Spork Racing
Forum issues: racer12306@2gn.org
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:24 pm

I don't get whats wrong with using the web browser on your phone?? I use it and it works fine.

Are we all just holding onto hope that the neon will be back one day?? Because it would be weird not driving a neon anymore..
occasional demons wrote:So maybe a FuzzyDanteHagan sammich might just beat a FuzzyHagan. :-k
Danteneon wrote:My advice is to fight those urges and enjoy the fact that you have both X and Y chromosomes. And an SRT. And your hand. You don't need a girl.

What Neon?
2GN Member

Post by What Neon? » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:21 am

have any of you used tapatalk? and yes people will not spend as much if any time on a forum site if it dosn't support tapatalk. This is a simple sales formula. easier access to the site = more time and more people on it = more donations and vendor opportunities = more members = better parts for sale = better site = better source of info = more people to talk to= etc etc. or you guys can keep telling members " good day sir" and see how that goes.

Haganracing
2GN Member

Post by Haganracing » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:30 am

Honestly its not a big deal. You are on the website now right??

Never used tapatalk. I have an android os phone that came with a web browser that works just like on a desktop without any issues.

FAC3L3SS
2GN Veteran

Post by FAC3L3SS » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:53 am

Tapatalk is convenient, yes, but I only used it when I had the Lancer because like 5 forums were supported by it and it was simple to hop from one forum to another. Most people on here are simply 2gn.org and neons.org-specific users, so it's not a huge deal. Personally, if I don't have the time to sit in front of a computer and browse like I want, then it's not the time to be checking a forum. I don't browse while I'm out and about. Defeats the purpose of being. . . out. . and about.
el. oh. el.

NeonNick925
2GN Member

Post by NeonNick925 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:56 am

Bump! Can we get this now that it's been a year? TapAtalk is great for iPod touch users. Yes I can view the site from safari but u can't uPload pics at all. Some of us are on more then jus the "org forums" and use tapatalk .
2000 Plymouth Neon ACR/T hybrid 3 speed auto•now a 5 speed•

What Neon?
2GN Member

Post by What Neon? » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:50 am

NeonNick925 wrote:Bump! Can we get this now that it's been a year? TapAtalk is great for iPod touch users. Yes I can view the site from safari but u can't uPload pics at all. Some of us are on more then jus the "org forums" and use tapatalk .

+1

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:21 am

Not happening fellas....

I downloaded tapatalk since I heard about all the hype. I honestly like using the Safari browser more so.
-John

NeonNick925
2GN Member

Post by NeonNick925 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:21 pm

Soooo since u personally don't like it we can't have it. Bias much? SMH...

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:42 pm

Nope, that isn't why. But thanks for playing.
Diablo0 wrote:From what I'm seeing on the forum it currently will not work with the forum due to us still running phpBB2. I'm planning on updating the forum soon so when that happens and everything is working accordingly I'll be sure to take a look at it again.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

LowNSlow

Post by LowNSlow » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:49 pm

NeonNick925 wrote:Soooo since u personally don't like it we can't have it. Bias much? SMH...
Nice try... no, I downloaded to give it a try since I have heard so much about it.

We can bring it up to Jason but I don't see it being high on the list of things to add to the forum.

SMH...
-John

NeonNick925
2GN Member

Post by NeonNick925 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:05 pm

Danteneon wrote:Nope, that isn't why. But thanks for playing.
Diablo0 wrote:From what I'm seeing on the forum it currently will not work with the forum due to us still running phpBB2. I'm planning on updating the forum soon so when that happens and everything is working accordingly I'll be sure to take a look at it again.

That post how long ago??? Thanks for playing? What are you 8? I asked low n slow a question but thanks for your unwanted 2 cents...

LowNSlow: thanks for the response. Wasn't tryna be a dick jus bein blunt about it. Would make browsing the site alot easier for iPod touch users. Should put up a poll to see how many members would find it useful...jus a thought

What Neon?
2GN Member

Post by What Neon? » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:31 am

Neons.org has it now.

occasional demons
Junior Admin

Post by occasional demons » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:38 am

They also have f*cking annoying pop up advertising.

This site is run from Jason's pocket, and donations. I personally would rather have i Pod users a little "inconvenienced" than have advertising.
Bill
Olha Koba, a psychologist in Kyiv, said that “anger and hate in this situation is a normal reaction and important to validate.” But it is important to channel it into something useful, she said, such as making incendiary bombs out of empty bottles.
2000 Neon MTX swap with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon coupe 2.4 swap
2021 Forester

NeonNick925
2GN Member

Post by NeonNick925 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:03 am

Thank u for a valid mature response.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:09 am

NeonNick925 wrote:

That post how long ago??? Thanks for playing? What are you 8? I asked low n slow a question but thanks for your unwanted 2 cents...
Let's try this again. I replied to your snarky comment to John (LowNSlow). You were under the impression that he had decided not to have Taptalk added to the site because of his bias towards it. This was not the case. It also was apparent that you either did not read or did not remember Jason's post as to why this feature wasn't able to be added to the site, I did you a favor and re-posted it for you. The site is still phpBB2, so Tapatalk cannot be added.

The "thanks for playing" expression was chosen because it seemed that you were just jumping to conclusions rather than reading and asking for clarification before reacting in a childish way.
NeonNick925 wrote:Soooo since u personally don't like it we can't have it. Bias much? SMH...
Does that meet your criteria for a mature post now?

Want to know why you got my 2 cents? I'm a moderator, and as such, if there is a post anywhere on this site that I feel I need to post in to either clarify, correct, or lock down...that's my job.
Last edited by Danteneon on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hudson_Neon
2GN Member

Post by Hudson_Neon » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:22 am

honestly, tapatalk isn't needed. all 3 platforms have browsers that run this site just fine. (just my 2 cents :rofl:)

NeonNick925
2GN Member

Post by NeonNick925 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:45 pm

Danteneon wrote:
NeonNick925 wrote:
Let's try this again. I replied to your snarky comment to John (LowNSlow). You were under the impression that he had decided not to have Taptalk added to the site because of his bias towards it. This was not the case. It also was apparent that you either did not read or did not remember Jason's post as to why this feature wasn't able to be added to the site, I did you a favor and re-posted it for you. The site is still phpBB2, so Tapatalk cannot be added.

The "thanks for playing" expression was chosen because it seemed that you were just jumping to conclusions rather than reading and asking for clarification before reacting in a childish way.
Does that meet your criteria for a mature post now?

Want to know why you got my 2 cents? I'm a moderator, and as such, if there is a post anywhere on this site that I feel I need to post in to either clarify, correct, or lock down...that's my job.
uhhhh did you miss the bolded part? where Jason said in the near future he was gonna be updating the forum,which was well over a year ago... And thats awesome your a moderator,doesnt mean i need you to answer for another grown man. Now if you would have responded with some useful info that woulda been great. something to the effect of, "jus talk to Jason about updating the system but it is no longer gonna happen do to the cost as its out of his pocket" id be more appt to hear your 2 cents...

Return to “Site Problems / Feedback / Suggestions”