2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New mods = New time.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilnicko11
stuntinglikemydaddy!
2011 Silver Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon ACR

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: New mods = New time. Reply with quote

So in April I went to Englishtown, NJ and it was my first ever time at the track. I ran 4 times that day. My best was a 13.9 @ 100 MPH . I only had my Mopar Cold Air Intake.

This past month I added some Prothane Motor Mount Inserts and a Forward Motion Wastegate Actuator. Today was Turbo Dodge SRT4 day at Lebanon Valley Speedway in New York. My car got 6 passes on the day before it started to sprinkle and we all decided to pack up and go home. I drove like shit. My first run I didn't get into third smoothly and it cost me. My second run I dumped the clutch way to quick instead of properly slipping it when launching. My third run I was WOT shifting (which I had been) and I let off the clutch before I was entirely into 2nd. Then my 4th pass my sweaty hand decided to slip off the shifter while putting it into 4th (guess ill start wearing gloves). So yeah. Basically I sucked balls at driving today and anyones grandma could of out run me. I'll post up times soon. Anyways, my friend brough his SRT4 but didn't run it because of a 3rd gear shift fork problem. I let him take the last two passes and he has two pretty much identical runs. Both were 13.7 @ 101 MPH with 2.0 60ft. times on street tires. I'm very happy that the car beat my previous time but now I just gotta get my head outta my ass and slip the clutch correctly and stop missing f'ing gears. My tranny is smooth and not beat on. It was total driver fault on me today so I gave my car the DRIVER MOD and I am not ashamed to say it today.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club Member #50

LINK:
CARLISLE 2010 VIDEOS
andrewh530
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats not bad my friend!
but, ya know shit happens to the best of us....ill be anxious to see what the car gets next time!
2GN OG

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be able to do 13.4s probably...trap speed seems a little low though.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: