2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kinda weird question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doyle09
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Kinda weird question Reply with quote

So i was planning on taking my car to the strip for the first time on thrusday. So i've been getting things ready for the past few days. Well today my mom and dad started freaking out on me because of insurance. I don't live at home, and i bought my own car (mom is a cosigner.) They are saying i can't go because if something were to happen at the track, the insurance could drop me and my parents?Which is also our business insurance. i was going to get my own policy but its almost 600 more than my parents because i wouldn't have the multi car discount. so anywho. jw.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000084
INVUJerry
UNO MOD!
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not true. You sign a waiver at the track basically signing off your insurance. If anything happens at the track (which probably wont) it's off your insurance. You wont be able to make any claims is all.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
doyle09
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect

INVUJerry
UNO MOD!
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just know, anything happens at the track, you are paying for any repairs out of pocket.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
doyle09
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i know that. i just needed your first post to come from someone elses mouth so my dad would quite being big headed and listen. Thanks!

chipdogg
T-350 Expert
2GN Registrant

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, you sign something at the gate, never read it but I've signed it probably 40 times.

Where you going? GLD? You should tag along next month, August 22nd a bunch of us are going again for Import Wars. We usually come home with some money, enough to pay for our trip there at least.

We'll probably have 3-4 1st gens and maybe an SRT-4. 3 of the 1st gens will be 2.4 swapped coupes, and a deceivingly quick 95 SOHC.

September 26th, 2015

http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?p=1012269
racer12306
10th Grader
Junior Admin

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually people have been dropped from their insurance policy for drag racing, it's really shady but I've heard of it.

That waiver says you won't hold the track liable for injury or death.
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!
chipdogg
T-350 Expert
2GN Registrant

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't tell your insurance!

September 26th, 2015

TheRandom1
King of Controversy
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or don't tell your parents you're going drag racing...

Danteneon wrote:
You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.
doyle09
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i won't tell.

chip is this the car your looking at?
http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/1840993447.html

/ off topic. and yea gld. i could get some more srt's to tag along on the 22nd i'm sure

TheRandom1
King of Controversy
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just reread your initial post... you are taking a business car to the track, or your insurance is just through that company or something?

Danteneon wrote:
You doing this swap with your tech level is like asking a squirrel to land a 747.
chipdogg
T-350 Expert
2GN Registrant

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doyle09 wrote:
lol i won't tell.

chip is this the car your looking at?
http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/1840993447.html

/ off topic. and yea gld. i could get some more srt's to tag along on the 22nd i'm sure

Yup that's the one. I really gotta stop typing "neon" into the search on madison's craigslist homepage. Every time I do another one shows up in my driveway. Laughing
doyle09
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRandom1 wrote:
Just reread your initial post... you are taking a business car to the track, or your insurance is just through that company or something?

Its my car, not a business car but i'm on the same policy as our business vehicles. So thats why hes tweeking. which i can't blame him

TheRandom1
King of Controversy
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #14   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, not one bit. I wouldn't do it if it could screw with their business, personally.

Danteneon wrote:
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #15   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way it would screw the insurance is if you reported it. The only way a police report would be involved is if you are injured (?), or killed from crashing for whatever reason. Normally, if an ambulance is involved, so are the police. IDK if they do investigations for minor injuries, but a death, that is guaranteed. But then your parents won't be concerned about the insurance anymore...

So basically check, and recheck everything. And hope no freak incidents spoil your day. Very Happy

2001 neon ES MTX with '02 R/T PCM
1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
doyle09
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #16   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i think i'm just going to skip it until i get on my own plan. i'm going to talk to my insurance lady about it and see whats what. i guess thats all i can do

chipdogg
T-350 Expert
2GN Registrant

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only crashes I've ever seen at the track were fast (8-second) starlets and corrollas that had a wheelbase that was shorter than their rear slicks were wide. And they don't race next to slow cars anyways.

Never seen a crash with 13+ second cars.

September 26th, 2015

TheRandom1
King of Controversy
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #18   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still very possible though...

Danteneon wrote:
occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #19   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is more concerned about the train wreck at home, than the odds of crashing at the track.

The former can have a bigger impact. Us old farts (read parents) can crank the psychological thumb screws when we need to. Especially when it comes down to a roof over your head, and a hot dinner.

Not saying it is a direct threat, or 100% applies to this situation but yeah, we all know how it works...

1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
doyle09
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #20   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well theirs more to the situation that i posted to. i work for my dad. me and him run our business. so obviously i don't want to screw with my job. but i kinda just figured he was blowing smoke up my ass saying we could lose insurance because hes scared (hes not a car guy and doesn't understand the hole racing thing) and doesn't want me blowing up or wreaking my car. i'm not really worried about what he thinks. my car, my money. but i AM worried about the effects it could have on his career and my own. i think i better just wait it out until i get my own policy

occasional demons
Mr One World

2001 Dodge Neon ES

Post: #21   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doyle09 wrote:
(hes not a car guy and doesn't understand the hole racing thing) and doesn't want me blowing up or wreaking my car.

He understands. He was young once. Unless he pedaled his way around until he was 30, he knows exactly what's up. Just because he isn't necessarily into cars, we were all young and invincible in some way.

By not doing it, will gain you more respect in his eyes than you will ever know, (until you have a 15 to twenty something of your own.)
Especially on the business end of it. (Showing that you can be professional/responsible with the company's interests/reputation.)

And it isn't so much that he is being hypocritical about it, it's more of his fear of losing you. Hypocritical would be being truly pissed about you doing the same sort of crap he did. Yeah, parents have to put up a front of "Don't do that" , but deep down we know you have to learn one way or the other, but just hope you don't kill yourself in the process. But enough of the mushy parent's perspective crap Laughing

1999 neon 2.4 EDZ MTX
Help support 2GN!
doyle09
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #22   PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thanks for the words of wisdom! this is why i like this forum. any other one and i would have gotten flamed for this question

chipdogg
T-350 Expert
2GN Registrant

Post: #23   PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cuz 2nd gen Neons are an older person car.
Forest Green 2k
2GN Registrant

2000 Plymouth Expresso

Post: #24   PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: