2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

H3LL RaYzA's Build Thread Fuel system upgrade pics last page

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
H3LL_RaYzA
2GN Registrant

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: H3LL RaYzA's Build Thread Fuel system upgrade pics last page Reply with quote

I purchased a orange blast srt-4 that was on sale on a salvage yard. My plans were to fix the body damage and start my collection of built srt's from there. So my friend had a 2000 neon es automatic laying around. Since my orange blast started to become the local parts car for my buddies I decided to gut it and take the motor. Then I purchased the es from him. Here is a pics of the es the day I got it back in September.

Now here's some pics after i swapped the motor, the shifter and the pedals.

The cluster with a retarded spot to put the boost gauge.

Need a new ecu so I got one from my local auto recycling hub, with the company discount.

My front end conversion parts came in, now it's gonna look like a 2003-2005 neons. I perfer the look of those.

New hood hinges.

Halfway there.

Done.

My friend stopped by my shop so i could install a QTP cutout on his srt-4. He decided to take pics.He says it would be great advertising for my work. In exchange I could keep his mopar 3 inch downpipe. Its a win win situation if you ask me.

My new mod.

Now here's a list of the mods you don't see. The head looks stock, but was ported and polished by me before I put it back on the block. I removed the a/c and the power steering. It's a straight pipe exhaust, with a 3 inch mopar downpipe. Mopar sts. Mopar stage 2 wastegate. Stock intercooler and a 3 inch exhaust.

Any ideas and criticisms are totally welcome. And I know some of my ideas seem outlandish, but not impossible. I have a lot of resources and people behind me to help get all my builds exactly where i want them to be. I'm hoping to make some new friends on this forum. I have a lot to offer when it comes to cars, I've been doing it professionally for 6 years. So if anybody needs help just ask. most of my clients are on the srtforum. They will vouch for my work quality anytime. I've done it all from rebuilt motors to tune ecu's through the dsp. So I'm hoping to share what I know for a little help here and there. Till then I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. I'll try to take as many pics and videos and possible.

Last edited by H3LL_RaYzA on Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:51 pm; edited 31 times in total
zhneon
A-Blue FTW
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great way to begin with an SRT swap. Was the interior a direct fit for your accord?
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #101
H3LL_RaYzA
2GN Registrant

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zhneon wrote:
Great way to begin with an SRT swap. Was the interior a direct fit for your accord?

Not really i had to make it work. But after about a day of cutting and test measuring every hour or so I got it in. The back seat were easy just had to bolt them to the accord's rear seat brackets. Otherwise they were a direct drop in.
iThane
i haz ess are tee
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice start, can't wait to see you make that carbon fiber roof work Laughing

oh, and its orange burst, not blast ROFL

My Progress Log
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000104
thttxboy
mexiCAN
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: H3LL RaYzA's Build thread Reply with quote

H3LL_RaYzA wrote:

Oh shit forgot to mention, a carbon fiber roof.Twisted Evil hopefully I'll be the first person to pull this off.

Sorry to tell ya but its been done. JohnyNFS from srtforums had it done back in 09

Here is the thread he posted about it. the pictures are gone but you can just read along.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f69/cf-roof-finally-installed-p-519378/

Here is another thread he started. It has some pictures.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f69/cf-wide-body-srt-4-build-532899/

Well good luck on your build.
LilSparkPlug
Hot Rod Angel
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iThane wrote:

It's Orange Blast ROFL Sunburst orange is the color on the Calibers.

Nice work so far! Pretty awesome seeing a Dodge interior in a Honda. Best of luck with your progress, looks like there's three gunmetal colored SRTs in NY, I've never seen that one before.
H3LL_RaYzA
2GN Registrant

Post: #7   PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LilSparkPlug wrote:
iThane wrote:

It's Orange Blast ROFL Sunburst orange is the color on the Calibers.

Nice work so far! Pretty awesome seeing a Dodge interior in a Honda. Best of luck with your progress, looks like there's three gunmetal colored SRTs in NY, I've never seen that one before.

Yeah ones owned by cokey and the other is owned by someone on long island this one is my good friends. He worked extra hard on it.
LilSparkPlug
Hot Rod Angel
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #8   PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend Johnny used to own the other one, but he sold it and bought a camaro. I love that color on the SRTs. I love the deep green too, should look stellar on your car when you're done.
slaw
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #9   PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good so far, keep it up, also krackstar had a CF laid roof FYI, at least before his car got stolen
2GN Registrant

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: New Wheels Reply with quote

Some OEM stockies should do the trick. Another donor gift.

Big gash in one as you can see in the pics, so got some new ones pressed on....

LilSparkPlug
Hot Rod Angel
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #11   PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You waste no time....damn
H3LL_RaYzA
2GN Registrant

Post: #12   PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LilSparkPlug wrote:
You waste no time....damn

Lol, yeah I don't my resources always give me a good deal on all my parts. Plus my millitary discount makes a big differnce. Yesterday I was driving it around to callibrate the computer. She runs pretty good.
H3LL_RaYzA
2GN Registrant

Post: #13   PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Battery Reloaction completed Reply with quote

Finally relocated my battery to the trunk. Working for a cable company pays off. I used 8 strands of 10 gauge solid copper ground wire covered with cable shield to make the wire. Each strand is rated at 30 amps with up to a 600 volt surge before they start to burn out. The cable shield is rated to melt at 300 degrees and is totally water proof. So I would say the wire is bullet proof Quotes. It was a bitch to wire through the car. But once it was done it paid off. Here's a pic.

If anybody wants me to make them one just let me know. I'll sell you one for dirt cheap.
smiley
WootWoot!!!
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #14   PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great build so far bro, can't wait to see more!!!

p.s. does anyone actually have any descent pics of the carbon fiber roofs? you cant really tell on JohnyNFS
2GN Registrant

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: UPDATE!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Sorry been gone for a while. Here is a quick update. Made a emblem out of some abs plastic. I don't have a clue what I wanna put on it. Any ideas are welcome.

Next: Did my own version of the Spoolboy mod. I used 3/8 fittings and 5/8 lines. My external regulator/filter is from a 2001 ford ranger. It's rated at 64 psi which is good as hell.

Last but not least my custom catch can. I took some advice and just did the $20 catch can. I used a husky mini general purpose filter. Found in air compressor section of home depot.

Tam
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, I haven't seen your thread yet. Definitely impressive build. Are you going to do anything with the suspension, like coilovers?
H3LL_RaYzA
2GN Registrant

Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tam wrote:
Woah, I haven't seen your thread yet. Definitely impressive build. Are you going to do anything with the suspension, like coilovers?

Yeah definatly. My plan is megan coilovers and hotchkiss swaybars. then to add some fun, some dcr rear control arms.
hybrid-Srt2001
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon ACR

Post: #18   PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job with the swap dude! should make a nice sleeper Very Happy

[/quote]Yup it definately needs to go lower. If its not scrapeing constantly why you are driving then its not low enough bro. Laughing[/quote]
H3LL_RaYzA
2GN Registrant

Post: #19   PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hybrid-Srt2001 wrote:
good job with the swap dude! should make a nice sleeper Very Happy

Thanx man the only thing giving me away is the twin tails. I'm tryna get a single outlet with a muffler and roll the srt bumper I got. Maybe people will second guess if I'm swapped or not.
hybrid-Srt2001
2GN Registrant

2001 Dodge Neon ACR

Post: #20   PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flowmaster with a single exit turned down like stock. can't even tell it's not stock.

[/quote]Yup it definately needs to go lower. If its not scrapeing constantly why you are driving then its not low enough bro. Laughing[/quote]
H3LL_RaYzA
2GN Registrant

Post: #21   PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hybrid-Srt2001 wrote:
flowmaster with a single exit turned down like stock. can't even tell it's not stock.

Thanx for the advice. Imma defiantly do my research on it. Tryna do my own custom exhaust. Hopefully i can use some parts from that kit.
H3LL_RaYzA
2GN Registrant

Post: #22   PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:58 pm    Post subject: Another Update!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Ight today I installed the catch can and started her up after the spool boy mod. The catch can looks great and is already starting to separate the oil and air. Here's some pics of it.

The spool boy mod worked good, but there was one problem. I didn't like the way the under side of the car looked. The filter from the ranger made it look bulky and messy. I know it sounds extremely stupid, but thats the way I felt. Plus I had no control over the fuel pressure. So I decided to keep the spool boy mod until I developed a external fuel pump system. Here's what I got so far.

The strainer adapter I made

The bottom of the fuel canister after I made the hole big enough for the fitting and the clamp to go through.

Inside the canister after it was hooked up

I picked up an airtex fuel pump rated at 95 psi. Oh yeah and an Aeromotive Fuel pressure regulator Twisted Evil. Currently I'm using the regulator with the spool boy mod. It works f*#king great with it, and I can only imagine it will work better with the external fuel pump system. I could not help myself it was calling me from the shelf.

Also my friend stopped by so i could change his brakes and rotors for him.

H3LL_RaYzA
2GN Registrant

Post: #23   PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: New update!!!! Reply with quote

Was bored so I painted my valve cover, intake and polished my wastegate.

Engine bay before

Valve cover painted

Friend came by for dealer restoration on his acr. God this car is sick

Camera didn't get pics of the bay finished ill get pics up tomorrow

Last edited by H3LL_RaYzA on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
esteinmaier
I haz materia
Supporting Vendor

2004 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #24   PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome project! If you decide to go with BC coilovers instead, let me know. I carry em now. Most of your turbo needs too, but I don't carry plain jane t3/t4 stuff. I'm excited to see the horsepower grow. You're obviously not afraid to get greasy, so I'm sure it will come together quick.

Winston Churchill wrote:
Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.
H3LL_RaYzA
2GN Registrant

Post: #25   PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

esteinmaier wrote:
Awesome project! If you decide to go with BC coilovers instead, let me know. I carry em now. Most of your turbo needs too, but I don't carry plain jane t3/t4 stuff. I'm excited to see the horsepower grow. You're obviously not afraid to get greasy, so I'm sure it will come together quick.

Thanx man. The bc everbody has so I wanna give the megans a try. And about turbo I already decided to just go fully built with a 6262 precision. I do this for a living so I'm not worried about messing anything up. But thanx for the encouragement. My next upgrade is a bfmic with I'm actually ordering at work today.
esteinmaier
I haz materia
Supporting Vendor

2004 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #26   PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on. I like the 6262s. Speaking of, I gotta finish tuning BlackRT?'s 2.4 6262. You getting the BB or journal one?

Check out the s259 and s362 also. They are the most closely comparable that I carry. They just announced the billet series includes the race covers and ETT. I was carrying the precision stuff for a little while but they had me buying as a dealer through a "master" dealer and it wasn't worth messing with.

Winston Churchill wrote:
Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.
H3LL_RaYzA
2GN Registrant

Post: #27   PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

esteinmaier wrote:
Right on. I like the 6262s. Speaking of, I gotta finish tuning BlackRT?'s 2.4 6262. You getting the BB or journal one?

Check out the s259 and s362 also. They are the most closely comparable that I carry. They just announced the billet series includes the race covers and ETT. I was carrying the precision stuff for a little while but they had me buying as a dealer through a "master" dealer and it wasn't worth messing with.

I'm going with journal. One of my sponsers is treadstone so imma use their new turbo maifold. And see how it works out. If not imma just start building my own tubular one. Ill take a look into the s259. I heard good things about it
esteinmaier
I haz materia
Supporting Vendor

2004 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #28   PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it. That manifold is awesome. I sell those too... lol

Winston Churchill wrote:
H3LL_RaYzA
2GN Registrant

Post: #29   PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Got the engine bay pics!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

After the paint job

Polished stage 2 wastegate

Tell me what you think.

Last edited by H3LL_RaYzA on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
esteinmaier
I haz materia
Supporting Vendor

2004 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #30   PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, the valve cover sets it off for sure. That's the one part I can't stand about stock SRTs. They look terrible after being driven for a week.

Winston Churchill wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Progress/Project Log All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: