2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Plans for Next Year

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilnicko11
stuntinglikemydaddy!
2011 Silver Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon ACR

Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: My Plans for Next Year Reply with quote

So as most of you know. I drive my SRT4 only in good weather. Put up in winter time and even put a cover on in the summer time most of the time. I usually drive it 3-4 times a week in the good weather. Like it more for the simple fact that I consider it my special car. Never was huge into the track but got into it a little bit last year. Not trying to go huge but this year I am hoping for somewhere between 12.8-13.2 . I wanna be able to maintain driveability while having some minor modifications.

My first pass ever was a 14.8 stock. Modifications are cold air intake, 3 inch downpipe and forward motion wga. I've ran about 5 13.8's now but konw the car is capable of more the way it sits right now. I am in need of better tires and AGP DOG BONES (which i have but haven't installed yet)

I think I can run a 13.5-13.6 the way it sits now but I will be purchasing a Diablo, wideband, WOT BOX, Short Throw Shifter, either fuel pump rewire or 255 lph, and possibly a BFMIC but the stock IC is sufficient for the stock snail. The BFMIC would be more a of a cosmetic upgrade but I would not purchase one without an aftermarket crashbar.

I hope to get to the track after each modification so I can see improvement with each add on. Diablo and Wideband will come first as well as installing the dog bones first thing come spring then the rest with how much I can afford new things. I think high 12's is easily obtainable though.

What do you guys think of my plans? WIlling to take input, comments, etc.

Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club Member #50

LINK:
CARLISLE 2010 VIDEOS
Neon4Life
Manny
2009 Silver Contributor

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it all sounds like a good deal, go for those mods.

tho i suggest getting the Dog Bone mounts first because they deffinately help out alot on the engine staying still part. and of course tires.
Official "I'm Going to Drive My Neon till it Dies" Club #000048
LowNSlow
2GN OG

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got motor mount inserts and I have no wheel hop... so I personally don't see the need for dog bones.

High 12s are doable with the mods you'll have but more importantly you need seat time...and track time.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lilnicko11
stuntinglikemydaddy!
2011 Silver Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon ACR

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the MM inserts as well. I still get slight wheel hop but def not as much as stock. I have the AGP Dog Bones so I might as well just put them in eventually. Told JeffM that i'd donate my inserts to him afterwards.

LINK:
CARLISLE 2010 VIDEOS
JeffM
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilnicko11 wrote:
Told JeffM that i'd donate my inserts to him afterwards.

Rock ON But wheel hop is fuuuuuun ROFL
UNO MOD!
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want 12's definitely invest in a set of slicks.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lilnicko11
stuntinglikemydaddy!
2011 Silver Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon ACR

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh......isnt a must for 12's . seen plenty of SRT4's on drag radials and even streets run 12's

LINK:
CARLISLE 2010 VIDEOS
Mid Life Crisis
2GN Registrant

Post: #8   PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilnicko11 wrote:
meh......isnt a must for 12's . seen plenty of SRT4's on drag radials and even streets run 12's

True drag radials work but why get a tire that half good on the drag strip and half good on the street there not great at anything . Theres is a lot of good reading on the internet on drag radials VS slicks , If you gonna get a set of tires get some real drag slicks imho
INVUJerry
UNO MOD!
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, however, it will be easier, more consistent, and better for your axles. I don't think you'll be able to launch WOT on drag radials that easily, and launching WOT on street tires wont happen. To get a 2.1 60' on street tires I was launching at 2K rpms, and ran a 13.9@102. If I had slicks, could have got a 1.8, and went 13.5 pretty much stock.

lilnicko11
stuntinglikemydaddy!
2011 Silver Contributor

2002 Dodge Neon ACR

Post: #10   PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same story pretty much. on my stock setup i ran a 2.1 60 ft launch from between 2 and 3k. finishing 13.8@102. A friend of mine ran a 13.8 in my car and hit a 2.0 60ft. on the streets. i was amazed.

LINK:
CARLISLE 2010 VIDEOS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: