2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What will it take to beat the average Ricer at the track?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Drag Racing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
03_neoviper
MEGAMIND
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: What will it take to beat the average Ricer at the track? Reply with quote

I was curious on what it would take for my se atx to beat the normal ricer crowd at my local track? would my only real option be to boost my 2.0 or to swap in a 2.4 n/a (dont want srt 4 motor) ?

thanks guys Im just curious on what I should do

JeffM
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, stock atx would leave you in the 18's in the 1/4.

Swapping to a manual would drop it down to mid 16's.

Going turbo - endless possibilities.
MEGAMIND
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it would take alot to get a manual swap done ... but atx is consistant at being slow . I have a atx focus sedan running low 17s stock

JeffM
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you could do what everyone else does: intake, exhaust, cams, and such. I wouldn't expect it to work miracles though. You're still bound to an ATX.

Or just say fuck it and use a 50 shot of nitrous.
MEGAMIND
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the second Option haha . DO you think a built 2.4 NA with a megasquirt would net me better times?

JeffM
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it would. I wouldn't know exact numbers, but a 2.4, coupled with M/S, is a good competitor. It's also completely badass.
MEGAMIND
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha well I know Id still be limited by the atx shift pressures and shift points even with a megasquirt ... but the question would be ....will it beat a honduh?

Marmelade Boy
2GN Registrant

2001 Plymouth Neon LX

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

03_neoviper wrote:
haha well I know Id still be limited by the atx shift pressures and shift points even with a megasquirt ... but the question would be ....will it beat a honduh?

My guess would be with the little stuff, like exaust, intake, and maybe even cams. it should. If not run about the same. If you had the money and time, a Turbo and MS with a good tune should beat them all day. Of course the Mtx would do wonders as well. I wouldn't even recommend putting that much power to a stock Atx.
synviper
Danger to manifold
2GN Registrant

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do a 2.4 na swap and have the motor out why wouldn't you just swap out the trans while your at it. I know first gen guys with n/a 2.4 with boltons can get to low 14s.

Hi my name is Jake and im not smarter than a fifth grader thumbup.
Phone Booth Member: 002
03_neoviper
MEGAMIND
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Im still learning alot about my neon as its just sitting in my driveway with no issues and not eating anything .

I had a different idea . If I understand correctly I could do a 2.4 NA swap (megasquirt) with a 2000 31Th atx (requires no TCM hydraulically controlled) ditching the ECM limits and the TCM limits . I know the 31th has alot of aftermarket support also .

I am not against a full mtx swap but sourcing parts and Knowledgeable people are hard to come by around here

racer12306
10th Grader
Junior Admin

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on if it's an autozone ricer or a ricer with boost.

Unless you really load them up you aren't going to get anywhere with an auto.

In the end, build it for yourself not some attempt to beat another car (unless you are into class racing) because there will almost always be someone quicker.
Forum Behavior
Support your favorite forum, DONATE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
03_neoviper
MEGAMIND
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SE

Post: #12   PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be running street bracket the majority of the time but want to pull good times for grudge racing and some local heads up shows

Locked: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:04 pm by LowNSlow
LowNSlow
2GN OG

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing we can lock this up since you have another thread pertaining to what you want to do engine wise and questions.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: