8/7/2011 Harrisburg AutoX

Have some questions about AutoX or Rally racing, like what types of tires are good or where to start for suspension, ect... ask them here.
UriahRR
2GN Member

8/7/2011 Harrisburg AutoX

Post by UriahRR » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:55 pm

Well, this was my absolute worst AutoX, but I still like watching myself fuck up in the videos. It was raining on and off all day during runs and because of that, they didn't paint white lines around the course like they usually do, therefore I got lost, slid off course, and missed one specific gate EVERY. SINGLE. RUN.

So basically, I had 4 DNFs at a shitty rainy PA Autocross. But, the worst day of an AutoX is still better than the best day at work, so I still had a blast!

Here's the on-car video from the Hero.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if4QpfvpSvg

magner
2GN Member

Post by magner » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:04 pm

I'm really jealous of your track looks super smooth!

Tip: always look ahead!

wickedgood4684
2GN Member

Post by wickedgood4684 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:53 pm

I really think you just wanted to hit the puddle
SRT-4 Challenge series
Season 1 Champion: gotheframe/tim and corey
Season 2 Champion: Greasydeuce/Dmonday
NTCC
Winter Series:
Drivers Chamion: Neon Nick/Squat BIG
Team Champions: Team Acura: miniMench & wicked221
Rookie of the year: Patriot 01/xxPATRIOT 01xx

JeffM
2GN Member

Post by JeffM » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:00 pm

Dude, even with the lines I'd be lost. :rofl: Still looks fun.

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:03 pm

wickedgood4684 wrote:I really think you just wanted to hit the puddle
I did twice in fact both with the ass of the car at about 60mph :banghead:

This was a pretty blah event for me I didnt drive very well my best was a 50.1 compared to 47.8 FTD from a 500hp hooiser wearing WRX

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:23 am

bone-yard-racing wrote:This was a pretty blah event for me I didnt drive very well
You can say that again (for me). Once I started getting lost on my first run, I knew it was going to be a hard day. Not exactly 4 DNF's hard, but that was just me focussing on lining up for the puddle and not seeing the line of cones in my peripheral vision. It was cool seeing all the RWD cars spin though. Will probably be at the home field where I'm more comfortable (Hershey) on the 27th man, see you there and hope we both do better.

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:08 pm

Totally! If you are having issues knowing where to go come get me Im happy to ride with you you shouldnt even be looking at the lines.

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:01 pm

This was the first time I got anything near lost, it was weird. Last time I went to Hershey I felt like I was seeing everything in slow motion like I was really looking forward and ready for every turn in advance - or maybe I was just going slow. Either way, I didn't get lost ever and felt like I was getting better and better every event, this rain one just didn't work out for me at all. Even so, I would definitely appreciate a ride along if you could on the 27th (only hard because we're in the same class - somehow).

Thanks man. At least you can tell me if I'm pussy-footing it around too much or turning too sloppy. I try to keep it pretty controlled or the coilovers hop and it understeers under hard accelerating turns (like the last long left at the Farmshow it did it a lot).

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:26 pm

The best advice I can give is to show up early and walk a lot, do the novice walk Greg is a great teacher.

Do your first run at 8/10 make sure you know what and where everything is.

Two things I noticed about your car that I think would help you, loose the tint (or windows down shitty in the rain I know) and get a real drivers seat the SRT seats are the bare minimum.

This is a very cheap and comfy fixed back
http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/29101.html

Cheaper recliner but not a supportive and no SFI/FIA stamp (only matters if you start track days or road racing)

UriahRR
2GN Member

Post by UriahRR » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Yea, I know, the tint doesn't really help or look natural on the track, but I always have the windows down even last time in the rain. Every time going through that puddle about a bucket of water landed all over the passenger seat and r/t door panel, but I can't see anything really with them up. :tardbang:

And damn, you call that seat cheap?! I think a $50 APC P.O.S. will be better than my current slippery leather r/t factory seats that I fly out of around hard turns.

I really still want Hotchkis sway bars as well, but I figure the r/t bars + a little practice will do just fine for now.

bone-yard-racing
2GN Member

Post by bone-yard-racing » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:45 am

Compared to : http://www.racetechseatsna.com/products ... 9129HR.php

or even the cheap racetech I have in the omni $300 is nothing.

Kirkey and RCI make cheap alumnium buckets ($150) that are hard to argue with

Return to “Autocrossing / Rally”