Rear Speaker not working HELP!

Questions about AMPs, headunits, speakers, subs, security systems, ect... Anything to do with audio or security, those questions all go here.
itzthatvietguy
2GN Member

Rear Speaker not working HELP!

Post by itzthatvietguy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Alright I have another situation, my rear speaker suddenly stop working and I notice my sound volume was off in the back for a quite time now but didn't realize look at it until today that the rear speaker had stop working.

I have a sony front speaker and deck for a year not, could that be the cause of it?

I check the rear speaker and the wire are still plug in, is there any special fuse spot hidden that made for the rear speaker only?

By the way I have no amp sub system just after market front speaker and deck.

Danteneon
Former Moderator

Post by Danteneon » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:45 pm

This is the section to tell people how to do something, not ask questions. And you have asked this question already. Once is all that is needed.

*Edit*

I see that you deleted your first post, so I moved this to the correct section.
If I could just figure out how to meld the Outback and the Neon into one car...

titansxt
2GN Member

Post by titansxt » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:19 pm

Did you try turing the knobs so the sound comes from just the rear speakers?
2003 SXT
2005 SRT-4
2gn.org member #26 :tard:
Lemon Neon member #1.
Any or all of the above statement(s) may be entirely fictional and a fabrication. :lol:
ram50rocket wrote: I must had been mistaken in thinking that NEONS.ORG was just for neons.

itzthatvietguy
2GN Member

Post by itzthatvietguy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:18 am

Thank for the correction as you can see I'm still a noob here,
Any way yeah I tried setting to the rear only and it didn't work at all. Fail-
I'm ridin slow with them vogues pokin out man.
I'm riding slow and I'm hoggin up the city lane.
I'm riding slow and I'm leaning a lac.

C1DoG
2GN Member

Post by C1DoG » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:47 am

Rear speakers could be blown. Find another speaker that works and hook it up to the wires for the rear speakers. If those speakers work, then the other ones are blown. If not, then there is some sort of damage to the headunit or somewhere the wires are not connected.
Drove my neon until it was killed in a flood.

Darkness
2GN Member

Post by Darkness » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:06 pm

You can also check your speakers by using a VOM (Volt/Ohm Meter). Here's the quick and dirty way to check it...

First, from the underside of the 6x9 speaker, gently push on the speaker cone, with even pressure all the way around the cone. If its sounds or feels "crunchy", or if the movement is very stiff or totally immobilized, the VC is physically damaged and the speaker is toast. If it moves freely, go to the next test.

Pull the plug off the affected speaker. Turn the VOM selector to read ohms (any scale should work, but I use the X1 scale on my Micronta VOM), then touch the probes to the speaker terminals. If you don't get a fluctuation on the display, then you have an open coil and the speaker is dead.

If the speaker passes the resistance test you just did, then check the radio outputs. Turn the VOM to ACV (alternating current volts), then with the radio on and the fader/balance set to send a signal to that corner of the car, test the wires in the speaker plug. If you don't get a reading, that channel on the radio is bad. Time for a new radio, since repairing them isn't cost effective anymore.

I just did this test to find out if the rear speakers in my woman's 2001 Neon were functional. The only difference is that I pulled the radio out of the dash, and took the speaker wire plug out of the back of the radio and tested for AC volts at the actual terminals. I need a couple of 6x9 speakers and it'll be good to go.

I hope this helps you out.

Adam G
2GN Member

Post by Adam G » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:13 pm

I have on 6x9 channel that doesnt work in my srt4....speaker plays if I hook it up to the other channel from the other 6x9......someday ill get to the bottom of it
Adam

04 eblue srt4 - shes getting there
97 white ram
81 white camaro z28

owned 11 neons so far and growing

itzthatvietguy
2GN Member

Post by itzthatvietguy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:56 pm

I didn't check the speaker but I bought a set of new one and it works, but then the deck shut down and reset when ever I bump the volume up to 15 in loud mode where the bass is at and the max volume is 50....what you guys think is this next problem? could it be the fuse behind the deck need to be replace with a higher one instead of the 10?

C1DoG
2GN Member

Post by C1DoG » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:38 am

Take it off of loud and try that to see if it keeps doing it. And NEVER replace a fuse with one that is higher than the one that is in it. That would be a potential for disaster.

itzthatvietguy
2GN Member

Post by itzthatvietguy » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:21 am

Well when its off loud it goes up higher to 35 which I never use

C1DoG
2GN Member

Post by C1DoG » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:25 am

ok, it may not be able to handle that much load anymore.

itzthatvietguy
2GN Member

Post by itzthatvietguy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:17 pm

Lol for got to update this but I fix it like 10 days ago turn out the rear was blown sleigh and when I took the deck out and put it back in, I didn't put the ground wire back where it was like way deep back under... I guess the ground being hook up right behind the deck some where with metal won't do because the deck turn off once I tuen the headlights on lol so yeah thanks anyways.
I'm ridin slow with them vogues pokin out man.
I'm riding slow and I'm hoggin up the city lane.
I'm riding slow and I'm leaning a lac.

Return to “Audio / Security / Electrical”