2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cage install ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
XxWhiteNeonxX
livin by the 3 F's
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: cage install ? Reply with quote

For those of you who have weld in 8/10 point cages.. How exactly are you going about getting it welded in, getting the headliner back in, and also painting all of it. Im trying to figure out what the easiest process is for assembling, and painting my cage.

-Cody

Haganracing wrote:

Love you Cody, even if you fail in life <3

Leighvi424 wrote:
omg cody i think u gave me a woodie Razz

2004 dodge neon-300whp and counting
r/tguy02
I piss excellence
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon R/T

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know you wanted my opinion but i'm not going to be much help. but if it were me, i'd take the whole interior out, then piece the cage together and weld it in place. once the cage is in you can then start puting the interior bits back in and trim them as needed to fit.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2931823
boostalot717
2GN Registrant

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats how we do them. Pull whatever is needed from interior install cage, paint and reinstall/mod interior. Pretty simple.
XxWhiteNeonxX
livin by the 3 F's
2GN Registrant

2004 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r/tguy02 wrote:
i know you wanted my opinion but i'm not going to be much help. but if it were me, i'd take the whole interior out, then piece the cage together and weld it in place. once the cage is in you can then start puting the interior bits back in and trim them as needed to fit.

boostalot717 wrote:
Thats how we do them. Pull whatever is needed from interior install cage, paint and reinstall/mod interior. Pretty simple.

i mean, i wish it was as simple as you both are describing. Im leaving the headliner, carpet, etc.. I was told by a few guys at work, the easiest way is to remove the back window from the vehicle while you work. Im going to try to avoid this, but if so, i can get it done for free.

Haganracing wrote:

Love you Cody, even if you fail in life <3

Leighvi424 wrote:
omg cody i think u gave me a woodie Razz

2004 dodge neon-300whp and counting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Drag Racing All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: