2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

fog lights will not turn on

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon
SS
n00b

Post: #1   PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: fog lights will not turn on Reply with quote

i am new to this forum but so far i am really enjoying myself, anyway onto the question. i have an 03 dodge neon sxt and i just put new bulbs in the factory fog lights. i cannot get them to come on, any idea what could be going on here?

my first thought was it could be a fuse so i checked the fuse and it was fine. then i seen a wiring diagram for the fog lights made by someone here on this site and seen that the number 15 fuse was somehow intermingled into the fog light system so i checked that as well and that fuse was fine too. any ideas or trouble shooting steps would be much appreciated.
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to 2GN! hello2

I'm sure that you'll answer "yes" to this question but was your multifunction switch ("MFS") working before you installed the new bulbs?
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=20318

Last edited by Midnight_Rider on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Brandon
SS
n00b

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you've already exceeded my knowledge on the subject LOL so I'll step aside and let one of our many experts help you.
Brandon
SS
n00b

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha well thank you for your time Very Happy
05MoparSRT4
#NYR #keepcally
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check grounds/power if the fuse is fine. I assume your headlights turn on right?
SS
n00b

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed all the wires and one of the power wires was cut
ChetNubbler
2GN Registrant

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went through this about two months ago. mine didnt work either when i got my neon. i had to replace my MFS

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EQ9ZTW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

everything else on the MFS worked fin except the fogs. it was a 15 minute swap, its 2 phillips screws and two torx screws. easy. does the fog icon light up on the dash when you pull out the knob? is the fuse good? are the bulbs good?
Michael7
2GN Registrant

Post: #9   PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there is a design problem with neon's MFS. It looks like it is a common problem.
I described here http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=410518&sid=8619d2b4a0570208bbe8fe083e51a116 how I solved mine for $0.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Exterior All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: