2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Color Scheme

View previous topic :: View next topic  
05MoparSRT4
#NYR #keepcally
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Color Scheme Reply with quote

Looking for opinions, suggestions etc....

I'm looking into new wheels or getting an extra pair of OEM wheels and powder coating them a different color. I'm over the red and black look. For new wheels what do you guys suggest? and what color will blend well with my red calipers... I'm lowered too by the way. I was thinking about getting this girls teal motegi ff7 wheels but I don't think they would blend well with the red calipers and then sometimes I think they will. I have my VC powder coated gloss black and getting my intake manifold powder coated similar color in the engine bay. Would like my wheels to match. Also thought of white on black?? but to common and would need to be cleaned after every ride.......anyways opinions?

2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to suggest white on black but, as you pointed out, they would have to be cleaned often. On the other hand, white on black would go along with red calipers IMO. I think that adding an additional color might make things too busy. Think
FAC3L3SS
2GN Registrant

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd be surprised how little difference the caliper color will make.

I vote gold, NOT bronze.

If you wind up with the FF7s, I still vote gold.
sidepipe87
boom! roasted!
2009 Silver Contributor

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #4   PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote drop down to a 45 series tire from a 50, and throw on some spacers for better wheel fitment and call it a day. I like the clean look of a lowered SRT on stock wheels
FAC3L3SS
2GN Registrant

Post: #5   PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidepipe87 wrote:
I vote drop down to a 45 series tire from a 50, and throw on some spacers for better wheel fitment and call it a day. I like the clean look of a lowered SRT on stock wheels

What a stellar idea. I think I'll give that a whirl.
05MoparSRT4
#NYR #keepcally
2GN Registrant

2005 Dodge SRT-4

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree midnight, I like the OEM wheels.....I just want some exterior looks lol since I'm using my other neon I just picked up for circuit track just for fun instead of the 1320.....
ATX fanboy
2GN Registrant

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going black/burnt copper.

Wheels WERE going to be bronze, but i couldnt find a good paint to do them with. I tried several paints, and the bronze seemed to be way too dull.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Exterior All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: