2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Member,200$ 01 Neon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
01NeonGuy
n00b

Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: New Member,200$ 01 Neon Reply with quote

Hey all and you read the title correctly. I got my 01 Neon for 200 bucks from my girlfriends dad recently. Hes one of those guys that takes his cars to the shop once a month for a tune up. So for the past 9 years hes taken it to the same shop and had everything done to it. I got it with new tires,brakes,plugs,wires,radiator,and heater core. He was going to junk it because a radiator line sprung a leak and he thought it was some really big deal.it also has 245,000 miles. So he said the Junkyard will give me 240 bucks for it. if you give me 200 its yours
So here i am! haha. The only problems with it are that:
The bumper and hood need repainted( I recently bought a bra for it for now)
the passenger side motor mount is bad so the motor just wobbles around
Front 2 door speakers are blown
missing a grille
the loom for the passenger side turn signal is bad
and it needs a new strut on the rear passenger side

So really it just needs a little TLC from the junkyard and itll be cherry.
Im not really gonna do much to it. Im a big time modder when it comes to my vehicles. I have a trans am i restored thats been featured in GM high tech, a lifted grand cherokee, and some other projects.

All i plan for this really are just a double din radio, Subwoofer,SRT4 hood,bumper,spoiler, and cluster
and a 2.5 inch exhaust and itll be golden. Its just gonna be a work car.

This is a weird forum so im not entirely sure how to post pics. So ill just put a link

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/10859634_895924937085276_1353850034_n.jpg?oh=6a722ec771fc6c4e23f6782ac876834f&oe=54973DAF&__gda__=1419169423_8226f4fa8c43b2df4b3589c6b88f3ec6
ragek23
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the neon family and 2gn!

The good thing about our cars are that the parts are relatively cheap.
A front grill should be easy to get. Rock auto has cheap stock suspension parts. The door speakers are usually paper so anything low end will be an upgrade. Motor mounts are relatively inexpensive also. Id recommend getting the lower mount also. If the engine is rocking that much both are probably shot.

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

thomas_w
2GN Registrant

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragek23 wrote:
Rock auto has cheap stock suspension parts.

Welcome!

Amazon also has some good deals sometimes. I got all four strut mounts there. It pays to shop around online.
Midnight_Rider
2014 Platinum Contributor

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello2
sidepipe87
boom! roasted!
2009 Silver Contributor

2003 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragek23 wrote:
Welcome to the neon family and 2gn!

The good thing about our cars are that the parts are relatively cheap.
A front grill should be easy to get. Rock auto has cheap stock suspension parts. The door speakers are usually paper so anything low end will be an upgrade. Motor mounts are relatively inexpensive also. Id recommend getting the lower mount also. If the engine is rocking that much both are probably shot.

It's most likely the actual engine mount in the frame that is bad and not a torque strut, but it's possible. Also to post pics you need to upload them to a photo hosting site like photobucket, fotki, flickr etc and then link them here.
ragek23
2GN Registrant

2002 Dodge Neon SXT

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is the frame mount I recommend using this. I installed it in my SRT and its a great quality product:

http://www.dcrsrt.com/index.php?_a=product&product_id=213

2002 Neon SXT Sold
2006 EVO MR Weekend Warrior
2003 SRT 4 DD
-Kevin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Picture Post All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: