2GN.ORG 2GN.ORG
The best source for the Second Generation Neon - Period.

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   RulesBoard Rules   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks  :: Register
 ProfileProfile   GarageGarage   1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DD shocks and springs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Brakes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bshenanagins
n00b

Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: DD shocks and springs Reply with quote

I'm looking to replace my shocks and springs because my rears have been plagued by that insanely annoying chirping/squeaking and clunking during normal driving and over all bumps. I drove a VW golf not too long ago and I loved how it felt like driving on rails. I'd like to get somewhat of that feel so I was curious as to what shocks would be best without killing my wallet ( no Koni Yellows). I was considering the koni str.t (streets) with new oem springs. I drive on a pretty rough road to work so lowering springs would not be beneficial to me. I'll only be driving on it for another two months so it's a temporary hazard. Thoughts and opinions appreciated. Also are the koni streets a direct replacement or they need to be modified?
thomas_w
2GN Registrant

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed the knoi str.t on my 1st gen last year. They fit right in, no modifications necessary. I like them. But I installed new control arms, tie rods, and various bushings at the same time. Overall, that makes it fell very nice and precise.

Koni had a 25% off special around this time of the year. They currently have the same promotion going on again.
bshenanagins
n00b

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I ended up buying the streets for $300 on AA, sweet deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    2GN.ORG Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Brakes All times are UTC - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: